Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

wth is with daniel neg?

Old
wth is with daniel neg? - Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
this guy is(was) the face for pokerstars....and he has not spoken out about what an inservice this is to all usa players at ps.

wth is up, dont you think he would have something to say?

maybe hes affraid because he hasent paid taxes on his online winnings? but to tell the truth he never really won much online.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Have you read his blog? Maybe there's something there. If not, read the PPA newsletter. I'm pretty sure he contributes to that, and there might be a Black Friday mention in there. It's worth checking. I'm sure he has spoken about the issue, just not on behalf of Pokerstars. He doesn't speak for Pokerstars unless they have something to say. And apparently, they don't have much to say yet. I think they're a bit busy at the moment.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
You seem obsessed,might want to look into that.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
He has a blog on Fullcontactpoker go read it.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I have a feeling he is a lot smarter than that. He knows and he is paying taxes. Just my feeling.

As to why he isn't making comments, what can he say? At this point, the talk is between the Department of Justice and PokerStars regarding the criminal charges. As you said, he is a spokesperson, not a representative of the site. There is a major difference. He might even be under a gag order from the site since anything said could be misconstrued as an official comment.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:17 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
ive googled him and couldent find much about black friday, a few tweets but about nothing serious, he keeps tweeting about buduci(or something)the day after black friday.... yea i see whats important to him....he can travel to and play any live tournament he wants so i guess the pokerstars thing was just him collecting extra dough by being plastered alll over the site.

makes me not like him even less

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:21 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee1984 View Post

There you have it folks,Erics reason for starting a thread.

Thanks for not pissing around and actually saying what you felt you had to get off your chest this time.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Here is his comment, for those not willing to follow the link:

"I haven't commented on Black Friday, not because I haven't been following the updates via twitter, but because any two cents I would add at this point would be pure speculation and I don't think that offers much to those that have been affected by this. That, plus I've been advised to not discuss the matter at this point which makes perfect sense to me."

A lot of us should have taken his advice.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:27 PM
(#9)
Quote:
I have a feeling that this was mis-stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
A lot of us should have taken his advice.
+1

Although I don't know what you mean exactly by advice.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
or we could take his advice and walk around with a weird haircut and bowls of fruity pebbles

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:32 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Think he wants us all to shut up or something Panicky.
Never know with Cairn he drums to his own beat.

Joke

Message incoming

"You have been poked by Dirty Cookies,would you like to poke him back or option 2,grab the bat?"

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Quote:
or we could take his advice and walk around with a weird haircut and bowls of fruity pebbles

Seriously just say what is own your mind!
We have all seen the post you made about his sexuality and now you are poking around the issue again hoping some one mentions it so you can say "Bingo"!

You need to learn how to communicate your point or grow some bowling balls.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:40 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
As you said, he is a spokesperson, not a representative of the site. There is a major difference.
Well I must be feeling particularly dumb today then. Could you help me out?

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:52 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
u got a problem with me cookies? is daniel your homeboy? every post i make there you are right behind. whats the deal?

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:53 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
You're trying to tempt me Dman aren't you !!!!!

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post

Spokesperson = Somebody who is an advocate of a particular operation or entity. In this case, Daniel speaks about the site and how it helps people like him who play poker.

Representative = Somebody who has the power to represent another in an official capacity. The person's words are considered the same as if they were made by the person, or organization. Think of the Press Secretary for the President.

The big difference is that a spokesperson might advocate a cause for another, but they cannot bind that person by what they say.

And Cookies, I'll take Option Three, which involves me running at you and then spinning around just before the collission. You do know what us hedgehogs have on their backs? Can you say "ouch?"

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Deal is you are trying to run some one down that is not hear to defend themselves.
You have implied things you would never say to some ones face.I mentioned this to you last
time you posted a negative Daniel post and yet you seem to keep going at it like you have tunnel vision.
Its says a lot more about you than it does Daniel.

My 2nd problem with you is the "when are the standings updating" posts you spam over and over.
PSO has made it clear that they are not going to say something and then have to come back and change that stance.They dont know and will tell us when they are ready.You keep posting
about it,which is spam and we dont need that when we are trying to hold on to as many members as we can.

So my issues with you are that you dont open your eyes and think before you post.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
Quote:

And Cookies, I'll take Option Three, which involves me running at you and then spinning around just before the collission. You do know what us hedgehogs have on their backs? Can you say "ouch?"
Im still learning the way of the cookie monster so I am unsure how I can defend myself from this attack.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Deal is you are trying to run some one down that is not hear to defend themselves.
You have implied things you would never say to some ones face.I mentioned this to you last
time you posted a negative Daniel post and yet you seem to keep going at it like you have tunnel vision.
Its says a lot more about you than it does Daniel.

My 2nd problem with you is the "when are the standings updating" posts you spam over and over.
PSO has made it clear that they are not going to say something and then have to come back and change that stance.They dont know and will tell us when they are ready.You keep posting
about it,which is spam and we dont need that when we are trying to hold on to as many members as we can.

So my issues with you are that you dont open your eyes and think before you post.
i have my opinions and i will say them, so whatever nut-hugging trip your on with daniel is neither here or there.

i can also ask when the leaderboard will be updated its not hurting you, people wanna know and thats the point.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 03:08 PM
(#20)
Quote:
u got a problem with me cookies? is daniel your homeboy? every post i make there you are right behind. whats the deal?
Calm down, ericlee. Cookies isn't incorrect to call you out for inappropriate posts. I don't think Cookies has said it yet, but your posts about Daniel Negreanu are borderline homophobic (only because you haven't clearly stated 'I hate gays' quite yet, but you've come close), and you seem to be making assumptions about several people that are baseless, then you're starting a big flaming war over it.

Please drop this one, eric. You're being an ass again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com