Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Diminishing Tournaments & Entries

Old
Thumbs down
Diminishing Tournaments & Entries - Mon Apr 25, 2011, 03:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Has anyone else noticed that since the US problems have started lots of the Tournaments have been eliminated: Big Game, Team Tourneys, Daily 90 grand, Sunday million league entries, lots of the freerolls…… etc.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 05:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Many of them have been renamed and had their guaranteed pools adjusted according to expected entrants. As of right now they are still popping out 180-200k people on the server but obviously they will never be able to make the guarantees like they did back when they had the US players to count on as well.

I recall they had already starting renaming some of their popular tournaments (ie. Sun 1/4 Mill to Sunday Storm) weeks before Black Friday. Pop your conspiracy caps on, any1 think they were prepping for the incomming disaster?

Old
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 02:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
. As of right now they are still popping out 180-200k people on the server)
Poker Scout says peak 40k.

Old
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 03:18 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodafe20 View Post
Poker Scout says peak 40k.
It was 200k at the time I wrote the message in the evening. Obviously they aren't pulling that during the slowest hours (61,780 now) :P

Old
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 04:10 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
It was 200k at the time I wrote the message in the evening. Obviously they aren't pulling that during the slowest hours (61,780 now) :P

I DON'T THINK POKER SCOUT IS TRACING ALL PLAYERS
THEY ONLY DO REAL MONEY PLAY

GO LAKERS

Old
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 06:45 AM
(#6)
Yep it's real money. The numbers I popped obviously weren't real only, just using it as a comparison to total Pop pre-black friday.

Comparing real money numbers over 6 month avrg players, excluding all play money players shows:

Average Players over previous 6 months @ Approx. 27k
vs.
Current Avrg @ Approx. 23k

------------------------------

------------------------------

Unfortunate that they have to bail on certain tournies but understandable. Hopefully the numbers have hit the "basement" now and steady out at its current level. If they do it is not quite as devasting as people are claiming. However those pesky lawsuits and potential exec jail times will be

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Tue Apr 26, 2011 at 06:48 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#7)
Well they did start pulling and reducing payouts a few weeks before the seisure, memmories of Enron, and for a company that has made billions and says they have done no wrong you think they would keep things up.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 08:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D ICEMAN View Post
Well they did start pulling and reducing payouts a few weeks before the seisure, memmories of Enron, and for a company that has made billions and says they have done no wrong you think they would keep things up.
IF THEY HAD ANY WARNING OF WHAT WAS TO COME THE DOJ WOULD HAVE FOUND EMPTY BANK ACCTS.

GO LAKERS

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 08:22 PM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2010
Its up to the rest of us to spread the word of the PSO. Word will spread , so keep it going till our american friends get back to us all. GL ALL

Old
Sun May 01, 2011, 07:08 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey, a new one just popped up under 'Tourney-Regional' called "BG $500 Invitational [CA]". It says in the description that it's an "extra tournament for all you Big Gamers while the Big Game takes a sabbatical."

3DIceman, it starts in an hour (8pm, May 1) - thought you might be eligible for this if you've been playing a lot of the freerolls on that page. I didn't get an invite to the party

Old
Mon May 02, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Hey, a new one just popped up under 'Tourney-Regional' called "BG $500 Invitational [CA]". It says in the description that it's an "extra tournament for all you Big Gamers while the Big Game takes a sabbatical."

3DIceman, it starts in an hour (8pm, May 1) - thought you might be eligible for this if you've been playing a lot of the freerolls on that page. I didn't get an invite to the party
Sam,

Check your tournament tickets.

I received 2 tickets to these Canadian only freerolls. No email notification - they just appeared.

Old
Tue May 03, 2011, 12:18 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
Sam,

Check your tournament tickets.

I received 2 tickets to these Canadian only freerolls. No email notification - they just appeared.
Oh yeah, good idea!!

(Later)

I went to check, and I don't have any listed. I never played in any of those Big Game qualifiers - I guess the computer knew that ... smart computer!

Just the thought of playing for the chance to play against Tony G and company had me terrified so I passed He's fun to watch though - I like watching those poker shows on tv with Daniel, Lex, Vanessa, etc.

It kind of sounds like maybe they're hoping to keep the show going and they're just taking a break - I wonder if anybody from PSO has ever made it onto the show ...

PS. It looks like they've added some more of these BG $500 Invitationals - maybe I'll write Customer Service and see if they have any extra tickets - I guess it wouldn't hurt to try

Thanks again for your help Annie!!

Old
Thumbs down
Thu May 12, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#13)
OK so I restate my case, CANCEL,CANCEL,CANCEL, Online Poker Show latest victim, & Pokerstars was pulling tournaments prior to the seizure so something is wrong there.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com