Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Computer Crash! Tech Support Anyone?

Old
Computer Crash! Tech Support Anyone? - Tue Apr 26, 2011, 11:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
My computer stopped funtioning a little while ago. I tried to restart it because of an issue I was having with a program I was running, and the computer failed to restart properly. Every time I try to start it, it either freezes during the startup sequence, or it gets so far as to show me Windows starting up for about half a second, then the computer shuts down and restarts. I've gotten this error message a few times, 'Windows could not start because of the following ARC firmware boot configuration problem: Too many configuration entries.'

I have no idea what this means, and I honestly don't even know who to contact for tech support on this kind of problem. I do know that I was having trouble with HEM when this problem appeared (something about an 'unhandled exception'), which was the reason I restarted the computer, but I don't know if it's related. I've tried checking the HEM forums, but this isn't a standard problem. I'll probably post the problem there, too, but for all I know it's completely unrelated to HEM.

Anyone know what the problem is (or someone who does)? I'm gonna post on a few tech support forums, but I'm a little miffed at the moment.

Old
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 11:48 PM
(#2)
Alright. Problem solved for now. There was a file missing from my registry. I still don't know why it disappeared, but I was able to replace it.

I wonder if it was a HEM-related problem.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:06 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
WIsh I could help,Im a Mac guy.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Bulls eye is a good help..but glad you got it fixed Gordon.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 05:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
If it persists pop into Jokers Wild, they've even given Bulls his own "Tech" table

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 05:54 AM
(#6)
Wow, I'll remember that. lol, extra equity in that club's membership.

I'm kind of curious if anyone's run into the 'unhandled exception' on HEM before. The fact that the two problems coincided made me think that someone else might have experenced comp issues while trying to run their HUD. But maybe one of my other programs messed up my registry. I dunno.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 10:21 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I haven't had that problem before. This thread does remind me I'm due for a new back up of my system though, thanks for that.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Wow, I'll remember that. lol, extra equity in that club's membership.

I'm kind of curious if anyone's run into the 'unhandled exception' on HEM before. The fact that the two problems coincided made me think that someone else might have experenced comp issues while trying to run their HUD. But maybe one of my other programs messed up my registry. I dunno.
Have you been running the trial version of PT3 at anytime whilst running HEM Panicky ??

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
The fact that you got to the point where windows is starting up should mean that it isn't a hardware issue. That is always good news! Happy to hear you seem to have fixed it. Since it shut down while windows was booting it makes sense that is was a registry error or whatever, since your operating system was crashing. I've never had that problem, but my guess would be your only option is to try starting up in 'safe mode', and if that fails you might have to reinstall windows. That would erase everything so that really sucks if it comes to that (if you have stuff that isn't backed up anyways). To start up in safe mode theres some f# key you have to hit while your motherboard bios is starting up(right before windows starts up). The stuff that flashes on the screen right when your laptop is turned on should say which keys you can press to do what. I'm guessing you probably did this and already know all that though.

At this point since your up and running again, you might be able to do a 'repair' install of windows instead of a full fresh install. Might be an option to look into if you run into this problem again. I'm far from a computer tech guy, just going on the little experience I do have.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com