Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

SCOOP Stakes

Old
SCOOP Stakes - Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I had an idea for any one interested in staking.

I have the intention of playing quite a few SCOOP tournaments.
For the past month, I've played lots of satellites and won a good amount of them.
I've always taken the tournament money instead of registering, so I can choose the tournaments that interest me.

I've made a list of the tournaments I will be playing ***
So this bring me to my idea and before I go through with it, I need to know the interest here in this forum.

I've been reading, learning and watching on this other site, how to go about offering stakes on more than one game. So, I'll be playing a total of 27 SCOOP games from the 8th to the 22ns of May and all of them are NL Hold'hem. To show my seriousness and willingness to achieve great returns, I will be responsible for 50% of the cost and the rest will be divided in 50 equal shares, for a total of 100 shares. The cost will include a markup which is for the players work. The average markup on the other site varies between 15% and 25%, so I opted for 11.28% (just so that the final cost is rounded of).

The total cost of the games with the markup is $2,600. I will assume 50% of the cost ($1,300) and the other $1,300 will be divided in 50 equal shares of $26. All stakes must be in before the start of the SCOOP and the wins will be distributed the day after the final tournament.

*** The tournament list *might* change depending on the number of stakes and the interest shown.

So for now, all I need to know, is there some interest?
I would like to offer it to all PSO members and friends, of course there's the question of US players. Some of you are on other sites, therefore money could be transferred to me if I'm on those sites, if not there's always snail mail...lol

Please, please, no arguments, all I want to know is how many would be interested?

So here is the list:

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Wed Apr 27, 2011 at 02:37 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
A question about the rebuys: If you do rebuy, would that have an effect on the payout value of the shares (since the % of your contribution to your buy-ins would go up, in theory so should the value of your cashout)?

I'm interested, though. I'd be willing to purchase up to two shares at the moment.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:21 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
A question about the rebuys: If you do rebuy, would that have an effect on the payout value of the shares (since the % of your contribution to your buy-ins would go up, in theory so should the value of your cashout)?

I'm interested, though. I'd be willing to purchase up to two shares at the moment.
No, if I rebuy more than the one included in the price, it does not affect the percentage. It will be done at my cost, out of my own pocket. Hope this answers your question

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:24 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
It does answer my question, thanks.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:49 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Ummm. You got paypal? I'm seriously tempted to buy a couple shares here, but would only be able to send funds that way. And even then only after my PStars check clears. Which could be weeks.

Fudge(Only I didn't say "fudge"...)

Well, g'luck in all your SCOOP events. I'd love to rail as many of these as I can, so if you have a chance, a SCOOPtrap777 thread would be great.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:47 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
Good luck

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 04:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Sounds like a great Heep it up opportunity wish I could join. Think any overseas pso'ers could combine up a fund to buy me a share? Lol GL sand. Kill em all... shark/cookies

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 11:18 AM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
I'm interested Sand... I have the same question re: PayPal.

Dave

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 11:48 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
I am interested in buying one share, but as a USA player I would need to use snail mail or paypal.

Good structure, spreading the risk across 27 events.

Is stakeback a factor in this?

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:00 PM
(#10)
I'm interested in a share.

Old
Sounds Good - Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#11)
Interested Yes

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:36 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Ummm. You got paypal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I'm interested Sand... I have the same question re: PayPal.
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesse52 View Post
I am interested in buying one share, but as a USA player I would need to use snail mail or paypal.
Is stakeback a factor in this?
Last time I used paypal was 2 years ago and I still do have it. I must of used it twice way way back. So I would need to read up on how to use it.

Stakeback....???
All I can tell you is if you buy 1 share, it equals 1%, therefore you get 1% of all the winnings. Hope this answers your question

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 03:19 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Stakeback....???
All I can tell you is if you buy 1 share, it equals 1%, therefore you get 1% of all the winnings. Hope this answers your question

Stakeback means the stake money gets paid first.

For example, total money being staked = 2600, let's say at the end of the series, the bankroll is 4000. In a typical staking arrangement the 2600 would get paid back first (stakeback), and the profit of 1400 would then get divided into the horses and stakers cuts via the staking %.agreed on.

The way you're setting this up stakeback doesn't really apply. Rather than a typical staking arrangement, here you're selling shares of your action at face value. So someone wants 5% of your action then they will put up 5% of the starting BR (in this case 2600*.05=130). At the end of the series they will get back 5% of whatever BR remains (if the ending roll is 4K, they'd get 200 back).

They key is in Sands statement above when he says "winnings" he doesn't mean over and above the buy in amount, he means total cashes for the series less total buy ins for the series.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand it Sand.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#14)
Quote:
What I mean by winnings, is what ever they send me back
If the cost is $109 and I finish in first for $20,000, then that's the amount which is used in the % calculation
I don't subtract the buy-in's from the winnings
Is this right?

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
What I mean by winnings, is what ever they send me back
If the cost is $109 and I finish in first for $20,000, then that's the amount which is used in the % calculation
I don't subtract the buy-in's from the winnings
Is this right?
That's right.

You left a zero off the 1st place payout though.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I had an idea for any one interested in staking.

I have the intention of playing quite a few SCOOP tournaments.
For the past month, I've played lots of satellites and won a good amount of them.
I've always taken the tournament money instead of registering, so I can choose the tournaments that interest me.

I've made a list of the tournaments I will be playing ***
So this bring me to my idea and before I go through with it, I need to know the interest here in this forum.

I've been reading, learning and watching on this other site, how to go about offering stakes on more than one game. So, I'll be playing a total of 27 SCOOP games from the 8th to the 22ns of May and all of them are NL Hold'hem. To show my seriousness and willingness to achieve great returns, I will be responsible for 50% of the cost and the rest will be divided in 50 equal shares, for a total of 100 shares. The cost will include a markup which is for the players work. The average markup on the other site varies between 15% and 25%, so I opted for 11.28% (just so that the final cost is rounded of).

The total cost of the games with the markup is $2,600. I will assume 50% of the cost ($1,300) and the other $1,300 will be divided in 50 equal shares of $26. All stakes must be in before the start of the SCOOP and the wins will be distributed the day after the final tournament.

*** The tournament list *might* change depending on the number of stakes and the interest shown.

So for now, all I need to know, is there some interest?
I would like to offer it to all PSO members and friends, of course there's the question of US players. Some of you are on other sites, therefore money could be transferred to me if I'm on those sites, if not there's always snail mail...lol

Please, please, no arguments, all I want to know is how many would be interested?

So here is the list:

Rub it in, will ya.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 05:11 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Oh, I like this idea! I'm in. Can we do it with paypal?

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 06:44 PM
(#18)
Count me in for 2 shares Sand...... you will have to explain fund transfer to me though.

I have faith in you

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 08:51 PM
(#19)
Im interested Sand

Old
i want some of this actiob as well - Wed Apr 27, 2011, 10:56 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
i want 1 share sand, u have a pretty good game, seen u many times in action, i can do paypal, or carbon or cake poker as well..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com