Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

U.S. Players Read

Old
U.S. Players Read - Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A suspicious package which prompted an evacuation of the Federal Bureau of Investigation building Monday afternoon was filled with poker chips, according to police.

Police were called to the State Street building at 12:06 p.m. after security guards at the facility reported the discovery of a "smaller than average silver-colored case" sitting in the area of Wall and Orange streets, according to Officer Joseph Avery. The building was evacuated as a precautionary measure.

A bomb squad was called to the scene. The building has since reopened.

Suggest many more in the area should do the same.. brave soldiers

April 25, 2011|By HILLARY FEDERICO, ** e-mail address deleted **, The Hartford Courant

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Wed Apr 27, 2011 at 08:45 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:05 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
IS THAT AN E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU POSTED ???

GO LAKERS

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONiX360 View Post
...after security guards at the facility reported the discovery of a "smaller than average silver-colored case" sitting in the area of Wall and Orange streets
So funny. If this was the intentional result of whoever left the case, it's f*ing brilliant. I'm surprised an average poker set (I'm assuming that's what it was) actually caused a scare, though.

F*ing brilliant.

I suppose I should also add that I don't really condone disrupting the peeps who keep up national security and all... But it is a genius way to make a statement, and I'm sure we all agree with the statement, if not completely with the method of delivery. Of course, I'm sure a lot of you would have done this yourself if you'd thought of it first and lived in the area. F*ing brilliant.

By the way, is this story actually true?

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Wed Apr 27, 2011 at 01:22 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:12 AM
(#4)
Just imagine poker chip cases on every side of the building inside the building sitting on every bench outside

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:58 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I personally feel that this is a terrible idea that NOBODY should try.

Seriously, doing something like this is very dangerous for everyone involved.

Go to a march, wear a shirt, wave a sign... DO NOT leave packages outside of federal buildings. There is a precedent for this and it's tragic and bloody.

There is a law, written by Wil Wheaton(a former Poker Stars sponsored player,) called "Wheaton's Law." It is written as such: "Don't be a dick."

This applies here. And everywhere.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:03 AM
(#6)
dON'T be a dick to people who won't let us be free to play poker if the usa was smart they would endorse poker in all shapes and forms we could have poker trains with an old fashioned themes going from one place to another saving billions of dollars on gas

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:04 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
I personally feel that this is a terrible idea that NOBODY should try.

Seriously, doing something like this is very dangerous for everyone involved.

Go to a march, wear a shirt, wave a sign... DO NOT leave packages outside of federal buildings. There is a precedent for this and it's tragic and bloody.

There is a law, written by Wil Wheaton(a former Poker Stars sponsored player,) called "Wheaton's Law." It is written as such: "Don't be a dick."

This applies here. And everywhere.

GO LAKERS

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:07 AM
(#8)
Yeah, an intentional act like this fits a number of definitions of terrorism. That's not fun.

Quote:
Wil Wheaton(a former Poker Stars sponsored player,)
I'm not sure I believe this.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:21 AM
(#9)
Lol @ a case of poker chips being related to terrorism hahahah ha

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:28 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Yeah, an intentional act like this fits a number of definitions of terrorism. That's not fun.

I'm not sure I believe this.
It's actually quite true. He had the red spade on his name for a while. He used to blog for PStars events.

I had the pleasure of playing against him one time in a private tourney he set up and announced over Twitter. Broke to two tables, Wil was sat on my left, short stacked... I had AK on the button, knew he would be all-in, raised, Wil and BB(Cardgrrl) called. Flop was QTx, forget the rest of the board. Checked it down, BB had pocket 66. My stupid mistake not betting that flop. Wil was out and I followed him to the rail a few hands later.

It's the one hand that still haunts me to this day.

PokerStars Tournament #332679227, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD
60 players
Total Prize Pool: $300.00 USD
Tournament started 2010/11/17 22:10:00 ET
Tournament finished 2010/11/18 0:39:30 ET
1: drmaddie (United States), $90.00 (30%)
2: ColonelT (United States), $60.00 (20%)
3: lawman30 (United States), $36.00 (12%)
4: mjoseph (United States), $30.00 (10%)
5: tgzuke (United States), $24.00 (8%)
6: Up4Poker (United States), $19.50 (6.5%)
7: Cardgrrl (United States), $16.50 (5.5%)
8: Shackedin05 (United States), $13.50 (4.5%)
9: johnny_kelly (United States), $10.50 (3.5%)
10: Farbauti (Canada),
11: shoemaja77 (United States),
12: Todd Draper (United States),
13: chefhuck (United States),
14: GoodRev42 (United States),
15: TheFilmGeek (United States),
16: mcrissinger (United States),
17: Wil Wheaton (United States),

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:30 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONiX360 View Post
Lol @ a case of poker chips being related to terrorism hahahah ha
Do you seriously not understand how a metal box left sitting outside of an FBI building could be interpreted as a threat?

Well, whatever. You do your thing, I'm sure Charlie Sheen approves.

As for everyone else, don't EVER do anything like this.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:30 AM
(#12)
Still Poker related to terrorism hahahahahha

NOT (@h) Wil Wheaton Thread

Get the Point?

Last edited by ONiX360; Wed Apr 27, 2011 at 02:36 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:37 AM
(#13)
Quote:
It's actually quite true. He had the red spade on his name for a while. He used to blog for PStars events.
Wow. Didn't know that.

And no, ONiX, I actually have no idea what that image is supposed to communicate.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Wed Apr 27, 2011 at 02:44 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:38 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Just filed a complaint with the department of justice. I clicked on the "report a crime" tab. it reads. "On April 15, 2011 the united states department of justice shut down four internet sites that offered online poker play to citizens within the united states. these actions are unconstitutional given that every defendant, under United States constitution, is innocent until proven guilty. I, as a US citizen demand that all restrictions against the alleged defendants be levied until such defendants are found guilty in a US court of law. Your unwillingness to do so can/ and may result in a class action suit levied by millions of US citizens who believe that the United States Department of Justice has willingly Broken laws that are clearly outlined in the United States Constitution. I do hope this matter is addressed as quickly as possible to avoid further action. YOU ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. Act accordingly".

I now await the knock on my door.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:44 AM
(#15)
Way 2 Go an Hero

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 05:54 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Well that is one heck of a way to make a statement that is for sure. I have surgery tomorrow for my ear to try to help me hear better, and after I recover from that I plan on making a sign and going downtown where I live to the Square and just being there with my sign. Not sure exactly when this is going to happen but I hope some time next week. If anyone in the Portland, Oregon wants to join me next week just go down to the Square downtown and you should see me. There are going to be a ton of people coming and going throughout the day in that area and we have the max going all the time in that area so a lot of people will at least see and read the sign. I am not saying people are going to join me, but just going by that area where I will be doing their own thing. I hope others join me when they see me, or I also hope some others in the area are already doing that. Good luck everyone.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 06:49 AM
(#17)
You have our support, Ninja.

I'm a little north of Oregon, so I won't be able to make it, but there might be others here who are from around them parts.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 10:22 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
1. Everyone knows that poker chips are a legitimate threat to national security. Those little discs can call real bodily harm when someone goes ballistic and causes them to be flung in anger, (hence this is why the FBI takes the issue of internet poker seriously.

2. Very seriously now,
I am not an expert in the law governing Homeland Security, but I am sure it is vague and broad enough to include "any packages ( dangerous and harmless) left anywhere with the intent of causing alarm, panic, stress or other emotional trauma", or the more common catchall, : because the government says so.

3. I got a good laugh out of it but I advise whoever did it to not brag about it.

4. Given the paranoia of the idiots who run out security services in this country and what they rate as dangerous, I would not be surprised if those who laughed at this incident received a visit from the jackbooted stormtroopers.

Last edited by hobojim11247; Wed Apr 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#19)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Do you seriously not understand how a metal box left sitting outside of an FBI building could be interpreted as a threat?
Apparently he doesn't understand.

Poker is not related to terrorism. Leaving metal boxes that look like they may contain explosives outside a Federal building is related to terrorism. LOLing at this is really ignorant. I doubt the people who have lost a family member in a Federal bulding bombing are LOLing.

I can appreciate the message but this was a really stupid act and not a good way to go about making your statement.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
This would definitely not be interpreted the way the offender intended. It could only serve to pizz off the people who have the power to allow us to play poker again. Idiocy...plain and simple.

Onix., a period separates sentences and is quite useful.
And what is up w/ the image? That is misleading and horrible.

ps..I hear Will Wheaton and all I can think of is the Family Guy episode with Stewie saying Whhill Whheaton..Whhill Whheaton.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Wed Apr 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: post script

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com