Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

League updates... on your profile

Old
Exclamation
League updates... on your profile - Wed Apr 27, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Just noticed that whilst the actual leaderboard remains distinctly un-updated, my league posistion and points on my profile page has been...

Good sign or all we are going to get from PSO?

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2011
Good catch.
Thanks for telling.
There is an update - somehow I still think its not really the full story- seams to me at least 3-4 days are left to be taken into account.
What do you guys think.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 05:19 PM
(#3)
Another thing, slightly disturbing (for the US players)
For a 14 point gain I jumped 100 places in the ranking as per my profile page to 104th from 233rd.
Could this mean the US players have been taken out of the standings

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 10:52 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
US player here, My profile says a rank of N/A even though I'm 277 on the leaderboard.

Looks like the US players have been dropped from the league. It'd be nice to get an official word on this from the PSO staff. I know you all have to be busy, but communication is better than speculation.

Thanks for the PSO league. I hope the FBI and DOJ can find better things to do in the future and let US players play poker online.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 11:23 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Look through the forums a bit...there was a lot of discussion on this today. Obviously, the American players must be removed from the leaderboard and the pso before they can update everything. And this imo has to take some time...because now you have to reevaluate the strength of field (a scoring factor) once these players are gone. And that would require redoing the scoring for the entire month once that is fixed.
It is a step in the right direction. Please just have a bit more patience and I believe we should see this straightened out soon.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#6)
Thanks Dan, good stuff.
My 2 c - why reinvent the wheel, everything working - rankings - you need to recalculate as if US did not play for half a month?

Don't get that part. They played. Good or bad. You just have to take their placing away, unfortunately.
When they played they earned their points and their strong/weak play left its mark on the field.
What if someone played with a US heavy field all the time - now they get their points taken.
In this scenario he/she did not play against 1300 good players, but 500 poor players?
Don't really follow the logic, if this is what you are saying.
Again, thanks for the updates

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 07:53 AM
(#7)
guys if US players can't cashout thier FPPs which is already in thier account, Do you really expect stars to allow them to win a leaderboard ?!?!
Obv. do to DOJ issues

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaaapy View Post
Thanks Dan, good stuff.
My 2 c - why reinvent the wheel, everything working - rankings - you need to recalculate as if US did not play for half a month?

Don't get that part. They played. Good or bad. You just have to take their placing away, unfortunately.
When they played they earned their points and their strong/weak play left its mark on the field.
What if someone played with a US heavy field all the time - now they get their points taken.
In this scenario he/she did not play against 1300 good players, but 500 poor players?
Don't really follow the logic, if this is what you are saying.
Again, thanks for the updates
This is probably tougher in my mind to explain than I am making it. Only on my 2nd cup of coffee but I'll try to give my reasoning.
First, all US players must be removed for the entire month. US players will not be able to receive any payouts and should likely be eliminated.
Once you do this, two major scoring factors have to be redone in order to award correct points. 1. The size of field. 2. The strength of field. But even before that, the placements of finishes must be redone...let's say that a US player won a tourney and a non-US player finished in 2nd. Well then the 2nd place finisher would then be given credit for 1st....and so on down through the entire field for every tourney in which US players played in.
Once you have the correct placements established for all non-US players, they then can correct the size of field factor easily...but the 2nd factor of the strength of field would seemingly be a bit longer of a process, but doable. This would require starting at game 1 of the month, and assessing the strength of field for every subsequent tourney.
On top of all this...if this is the way they are going, then you have different points for every tourney that every non-US player played in, because of the change in scoring factors. Your rank will likely change a little...which affects that scoring factor.
As is this writing...it seems like a huge mess.

This is just my opinion on what is likely taking place...but it is incumbent on the fact that every US player must be eliminated from the records. Then, and only then, can they begin to get all the factors correct. That is why I say it is a step in the right direction that they have removed the US players and it should be looked at that way. Then they can correct the other factors after that.

Be optimistic people...it's a better view.

Old
update - Thu Apr 28, 2011, 12:08 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Hi, I think removing US players from the beginning of the month is not correct.
That would mean if you passed the bubble applying the right strategy in certain tournament, you might not pass the bubble if the US players are removed and points recalculated.
But if we get some random ranking by the end of the month its still better than if we get none .
Good Luck all and have fun.
Space

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#10)
I agree with SpaceHiker.
However it seams to me PSO are taking all US player involvement out for legal reasons.

But hey, a new month a new League starting and gl at the tables

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 05:34 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
I have been away from the League since just before the end of last month.

Started playing in the pso league again the other day, and have played three games so far.

My profile still says Ranking N/A

Don't know what this means.

Just informing you all to confuse the issue even more.

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I have been away from the League since just before the end of last month.

Started playing in the pso league again the other day, and have played three games so far.

My profile still says Ranking N/A

Don't know what this means.

Just informing you all to confuse the issue even more.

NO IT DOESN'T

GO LAKERS

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 08:05 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
It means you haven't played 5 games. Get a grip man

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 08:08 PM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
LOL thanks D'man forgot that

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 05:51 AM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I have been away
snip

At who's pleasure

MB

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Welcome back Bill and MB did you get your invite this morning?

Old
Sat Apr 30, 2011, 04:55 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Welcome back Bill and MB did you get your invite this morning?
Nothing arrived yet.

MB

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com