Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

early sit n go hand

Old
early sit n go hand - Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
WhiteStar
as you watch this replay can you put the button on his hand? would you have folded on the turn if you were the BB?

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
If it's a single table sng paying top 3, this is a fold preflop to this big a raise I believe.

As played I'm not folding the turn getting 5-1, I figure we have 8 outs for sure plus probably the 2 T's are wins as well.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I may have called this turn and hoped to see the river free with no bet by the button, but the reason I would fold would be because I was OOP. He is firing almost all rivers here, made hands and air. You can't flat here and look strong enough not to solicit another bet on the river.

You also can't raise this turn into the BTN and another opp. Though the other opp is folding here a high percent. I think you can shove/fold here and shoving sucks.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:43 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
8..+2 .. er.. 6+2 maybe? I mean how happy are you with the Qh/8h?

It sucks you put yourself in this situation with the preflop call with TT OOP but I see Dave's point.

Still I think it's close, considering you have 60BBs leaning more toward the call, since you go from 65BBs to 50BBs and your play if you miss the river doesn't change that much.

So if it won't affect my play going forward I might make this call more then I fold, but I really hate this spot with a passion.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:48 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Ok..Heres the problem with your question.You gave us no reads and didnt mention if this is a turbo or regular?90man,180man,27man or 18man.

Knowing these things would give you a much clearer answer to your question.
It would also help if you could tell us what hand button doubled up on and if he got lucky or sucked out.
With no reads I would think he hit the King and guessing what the kicker is would not help to much since you are beat.He gives you decent odds to call though,so nothing wrong with seeing if you can hit a 8(4outs) or a ten(2 outs).
You will most likely get a big pot out of him if you hit one of these outs,so calling is not bad on the turn.

People play these really tight or extremely loose early on and picking them out will pay off later on.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 11:55 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Ok..Heres the problem with your question.You gave us no reads and didnt mention if this is a turbo or regular?90man,180man,27man or 18man.

Knowing these things would give you a much clearer answer to your question.
It would also help if you could tell us what hand button doubled up on and if he got lucky or sucked out.
With no reads I would think he hit the King and guessing what the kicker is would not help to much since you are beat.He gives you decent odds to call though,so nothing wrong with seeing if you can hit a 8(4outs) or a ten(2 outs).
You will most likely get a big pot out of him if you hit one of these outs,so calling is not bad on the turn.

People play these really tight or extremely loose early on and picking them out will pay off later on.
AND THE QUEEN IS 4 MORE OUTS RIGHT

GO LAKERS

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 12:04 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Yes you are right.)

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 01:40 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by archide View Post
Not too unhappy, he would bet a flush draw on the flop at least some of the time, so combinatorically hearts are a pretty small % of his range.

His play reeks of AK tbh, not real concerned about AhKh since he checked back the flop. It's possible though.

Old
80k 3table sit n go - Thu Apr 28, 2011, 02:15 AM
(#9)
WhiteStar
80k buy in 27 entrants

In the moment i felt i played the hand perfectly. I just didnt put him on AK for some reason.

i watch my replays after the game and its so obvious its AK in replay, anyway this stupid little hand really bugged me all day.

So for game improvement purposes do we agree i should fold preflop?......i dont have that kind of discipline yet.

other than that i did okay i guess.

Thanks again i dont feel so bad now.

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
combinatorically

Basically, I am stealing this word for so many posts.

Old
Thu Apr 28, 2011, 06:43 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankpotomus View Post
In the moment i felt i played the hand perfectly. I just didnt put him on AK for some reason.

i watch my replays after the game and its so obvious its AK in replay, anyway this stupid little hand really bugged me all day.
So if he shows you AK do you plan on folding the turn? Or are you saying you could have gotten a lot more value on the river?

Old
great question - Thu Apr 28, 2011, 07:15 PM
(#12)
WhiteStar
this is why i found this hand so interesting for game improvement purposes. I thought there was a good chance i was behind. I would have not called the turn. yes the river.

my perception of some weakness though out the hand got me to the river.....I think he would have folded me with a little more aggressive line.

He had to know i didnt have trips right? he had to know he was ahead on the turn. i think he kept me in the hand.

I am really not sure i call the river either. great question would you have called? knowing AK?

Last edited by shankpotomus; Thu Apr 28, 2011 at 07:48 PM..

Old
bottom line - Thu Apr 28, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#13)
WhiteStar
the lesson learned for me is.......i have not developed the vision to steer away from this situation yet.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 12:06 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by archide View Post
If you look at it you also need to go to 6+1 as 1 of the 10's is a h as well

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 02:10 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
If he has AK then you have 4 eights, 4 queens, and 2 tens as outs. That's 10 outs. (If he has AK hearts he should have bet the flop, and you'd still have 7 outs.) You need about 4 to 1 odds to draw here. The pot is 790 and it costs 160 to draw. This is 5 to 1, plus even though you're out of position you still have some implied odds should you hit your draws. Unless it severely damages your stack, which it doesn't, I can't see calling the turn being a bad thing.

You definitely could have gotten more on the river. I think you could have easily gotten 750.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com