Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Unemployed Cowboys

Old
Unemployed Cowboys - Thu Apr 28, 2011, 04:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
This came near the end of a very bad day for me at the tables (seven buy-ins lost), so this hand really stung. After taking twelve hours to cool off, I'm kind of laughing at it now. I'm firing these cowboys, 'cause they didn't do their job!

Old
Thu May 05, 2011, 07:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Board looked very draw heavy from the get go, standard play buy the flush draw, bad play by the guy who hit his straight, but you only raised 0.25 above min, was that table norm? I suspect if you had raised more neither would have played you.

Old
Thu May 05, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bundle711 View Post
Board looked very draw heavy from the get go, standard play buy the flush draw, bad play by the guy who hit his straight, but you only raised 0.25 above min, was that table norm? I suspect if you had raised more neither would have played you.
You've never seen anyone raise 2.5x the BB?

That's a fairly standard opening raise.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Thu May 05, 2011, 08:51 PM
(#4)
Along with 2.5x being standard..you don't want to run people off too much w/ KK..you want some payoff.
What can ya' do Gordon..you had it in w/ the best of it and they hit.

Old
Thu May 05, 2011, 09:07 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Yes I have seen 2.5 X BB raise, and often it gets similar results

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 10:27 AM
(#6)
Your raise of 2.5 x is fine my only comment is that I am always going to be the last one to raise with AA or KK. Your flat pre is messy. Unless these guys are so nitty I am not flatting the re raise KK pre. I mean you were flopped a wet board and couldn't get away so if you are prepared to put in 100 bb's then raise and re raise all in pre.

Cowboy

Last edited by 19honu62; Fri May 06, 2011 at 10:30 AM..

Old
Bingo Time - Sun May 08, 2011, 10:01 AM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Yep....those two callers were bingo players....but I wouldn't call that board Wet ....really you were hoping that one of them had like a Q-10 or A-10.....but Pokerstars makes sure the players catch some of the board .......had they called U with legit hand and had an Ace ...or a queen in their hands the flop would have been different 9 times in ten. Sorry if i sound like a broken record ....but I've played hundreds of thousands of hands here now and thats the way this site rolls.

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 08:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Too rough man! Would probably have 4 bet with KK in that spot and as said, raise was weak. What can I tell you tho? I don't play anywhere near your stakes. So harsh.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com