Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

the $ is done

Old
the $ is done - Fri Apr 29, 2011, 04:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Now the Americans are gone, i think pokerstars should focus on the £ or the euro.
what do you think?
thank you
Murdoch

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 05:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Your thread title is a bit misleading (this sort of looked like another troll post).

That's actually a really good point. I'm still playing with USD. Canadian dollars are an option up here, but nothing plays in Canadian dollars, so I've only been using USD. But now that the US doesn't play for money on Stars, I imagine that those of us still fortunate enough to be able to play for money might be seeing our bankrolls get exchanged sometime soon. Maybe not, since I'm sure that would cause a buttload of work at HQ adjusting buy-ins etc. And Stars might keep USD in hopes that US players will eventually return...

Has anyone heard about what's going to happen to the currency?

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 05:36 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Your thread title is a bit misleading (this sort of looked like another troll post).

That's actually a really good point. I'm still playing with USD. Canadian dollars are an option up here, but nothing plays in Canadian dollars, so I've only been using USD. But now that the US doesn't play for money on Stars, I imagine that those of us still fortunate enough to be able to play for money might be seeing our bankrolls get exchanged sometime soon. Maybe not, since I'm sure that would cause a buttload of work at HQ adjusting buy-ins etc. And Stars might keep USD in hopes that US players will eventually return...

the US$ is not worth wiping your ass, the americans are gone, look to the future.
the US$ is worth nothing on pokerstars and coming from the UK the exchange rate isn't good.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 05:37 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
As the European Intellipoker Skill Leagues are paid in the US $ rather than Euros I can't see anything changing here.

Even on sites where US players have always been barred from playing the US $ is the primary currency of poker with the ability for players to convert to a chosen currency in cashier options if they wish.

I for one don't see any reason to change it here and don't wish to see it change.

Amongst other things our US friends have been stripped of most things here, to see their currency discarded would be a final insult and would send a message that PS does not expect them to return, ever.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 05:40 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch25 View Post
the US$ is not worth wiping your ass, the americans are gone, look to the future.
the US$ is worth nothing on pokerstars and coming from the UK the exchange rate isn't good.
If the currency was to change Murdoch what makes you think the £ is the natural choice? I think the Russian Ruble would be the most likely candidate

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 09:20 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I prefer the rupee

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 09:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
You'll all get the Peso and like it!

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 09:43 AM
(#8)
The Krone looks inviting

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 09:44 AM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post

Does that mean we all get to feel like high rollers?
;-)

I don't care if they pay in bottle caps, as long as it turns into cash at my bank, really.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post

They've been taking the Peso out of us long enough Dan !!!!

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Steve D (an exec from Stars) talked about it on the pokercast this week. He said it will be something they look at eventually but it's way down on the list of priorities right now.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
If the currency was to change Murdoch what makes you think the £ is the natural choice? I think the Russian Ruble would be the most likely candidate
I also mentioned the euro, there will be one world currency soon.
The way the US$ is looking right now they should change and change it soon.
there is no value in the US$
just saying
Murdoch25

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 06:07 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I've been playing in a EPT Freeroll on the weekends and that's in Euros I think (€ <-- is this a Euro?). I don't mind one currency over the other ...

I'm really curious to see what the prize structure'll look like next month with so many fewers playing.

And then I wonder if they'll merge this league with another in coming months, like they did with the Game of Your Life final. TopTheCat was saying there's like 10 of these leagues around the world, or something like that?

That could be interesting - I guess some of the other leagues advocate different strategies when it comes to playing certain hands like Arag, etc? Nice to be able to practice against different styles of play if we're going to be meeting up with them in other tourneys later on.

Hopefully Americans'll be able to start playing again really soon though, so things can go back to normal

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Apr 29, 2011 at 06:16 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
They should switch to our Canadian dollar before our currency goes through the roof !! LOL

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 06:54 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
To change the currency would seem like a slap in the face of American players that are waiting to see what happens.Do you think they would risk losing that chunk of the market?
As it is we have a ton of Euro sites to choose from,so you dont need to convert Pokerstars as well.
I would find another site if that happened and I am sure others would as well.
Have noticed a increase in softplay and collusion and I dont want to waste my money against a table that is gunning for me.No thanks.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 07:01 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Iseecookies.... hated by brits worldwide.... now thats a feat that makes me jealous keep up the good work man

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
List is getting impressive.
Not sure what it is I have done but not going to sweat it.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 07:11 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
they are probably all related to belter....

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 07:19 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
Or multi accounts,couldnt be that many people from UK

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 07:52 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch25 View Post
......there is no value in the US$
just saying
Murdoch25
I can still get a gallon of gas for about 4 of 'em...wonder what the rest of the world has to pay?

You people will take any shot you can at the US won't ya'?
Too funny. Bash this, bash that..and play on a site and program started by Americans and up until recently...had to be like 98 percent US dollar tourneys and games. Pretty sickening.
I'm over it though..now I just chuckle. It's like the players who say the site's rigged and continue to play.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com