Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Analysis/Should I of seen this coming?

Old
Analysis/Should I of seen this coming? - Fri Apr 29, 2011, 03:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 03:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Please don't double post hands, once is enough.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I do not understand your thnking here.

Preflop:Flatting is really bad with 2 limpers and the blins yet to act.I would have at least raised to isolate with this hand.A bet that forces him to play preflop by putting him allin.So a 450 type bet would achieve that.IF he just calls he will be getting it in on the flop no matter the board.
Or he is just horrid and folds to a min bet.

Flop: I am never folding to some one with half my stack size when I have top pair top kicker.
You think he is slowplaying a monster?People with AA or KK tend to overplay them preflop
because they are scared of multi way pots.HE didnt exactly push people out and I am suprised they folded after you flatter preflop.

The double posting seems to be a bug more than the op.
I can not use the hand replayer with out another window popping up every time.It really is a pain in the ***.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 04:18 PM
(#4)
err sorry wrong hand. This is the one for this thread:

And cookies right, i get that double glitch everytime.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 04:23 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
The double posting seems to be a bug more than the op..
No, he started 2 different threads with the same hand.

I agree on 3 betting the AQ given position and a small raise over 2 limpers btw.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
In the KQ hand I like the preflop call given these stacks, and KQs plays fine multi-way. I don't really like your post flop line though. Calling the turn to draw on a paired board, with 2 active players still to act behind you, is not good. I might have taken a stab at the flop when the preflop raiser checks though. Your hand has little value beyond the gut shot on the flop, the limpers will miss this flop frequently and if the preflop raiser has something like 99 he well might just go away. This would be helped by reads though, and you should have some reads on these players by level 3. If I did take a shot, it would be 1 and done on this board.

Old
Fri Apr 29, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
That hand is funny since I have seen this line taken alot in the PSO.
New players have no idea what to raise to and just min-raise,if you min-raise them back they will min-raise again.When you see two players do this to each other its pretty funny.

You can usually catch a player that min-raises with multiple limpers early on and note that that is how they play.Later on in tourneys they are the player that copys your bet sizing.For example you bet
460 when the blinds are 100/200 the very next hand they do the same,not thinking about position or why you bet that amount.

Min-raiser:
Has the nuts but mi-raises regardless every time they are in a pot with the best hand.
Pot will be 400 they bet $50 into it on the flop.Maniacs and Lags will often have trouble with this player if they are not paying attention.They see weakness and attack and end up getting knocked out.

You also have the min-raise bluffer but they are a little easier to pick off,,since they min-bet every flop.If you play Heads up these players are extremely fun to play with.

Preflop: Is fine since you dont have the nuts and the two limpers are going to give you odds when they call behind.

Flop: Not much to say,you cant exactly bet it and get to see another card would be helpful.So need to bet yourself out of a pot.

Turn: You are getting 3:1 and the other two players are going to fold to a board like this most of the time.He will have a ace at worst here most of the time.Mn raisers tend to either bluff the flop 100% when they dont have it and check it when they do.They do not see that they are costing themselves chips by doing this.Of course there are other variations of min bettors as well.
So calling here could be dangerous for you if he has AT or AA,although it is hard to put some one on AA specifically.IF you think he has a ace rag you could call but it comes down to reads and how comfortable you are with folding the river when you miss.Think a lot of players would fold turn.

Old
Sat Apr 30, 2011, 03:32 PM
(#8)
On the lack of post flop aggression, I tend to avoid it unless I either have a hand or have a pretty good chance of hitting a card (about 20% minimum), and in this instance I considered it wiser on account of him having a possible Ax. I know aggression is the preferred method, but usually I end up thinking of the saying "fools rush in", especially when I have rubbish. Thoughts on that?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com