Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

TJ two pair and i lost to the straight

Old
TJ two pair and i lost to the straight - Sat Apr 30, 2011, 11:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
This is a fiulltilt game i played... could you please tell me how i should have played..
I got TJ two pir on the flop.. on the river he got straight..
Full Tilt Poker Game #30211827942: $150 Freeroll (234551565), Table 129 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:08:22 IST - 2011/04/30 [10:38:22 ET - 2011/04/30]
Seat 1: tntbr (4,052)
Seat 2: ppsell (12,472)
Seat 3: Mojzes Laszlo (1,050), is sitting out
Seat 4: Timisoara RO (1,130), is sitting out
Seat 5: Viloborod (3,190)
Seat 6: frytz11 (1,000), is sitting out
Seat 7: SERGEY896 (17,577)
Seat 8: Rik526 (1,110), is sitting out
Seat 9: cshintov (6,670)
frytz11 posts the small blind of 40
SERGEY896 posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to cshintov [Tc Jh]
Rik526 folds
cshintov raises to 240
tntbr folds
ppsell calls 240
Mojzes Laszlo folds
Timisoara RO folds
Viloborod folds
frytz11 folds
SERGEY896 calls 160
*** FLOP *** [Th Jd 8s]
SERGEY896 checks
cshintov bets 760
ppsell folds
SERGEY896 calls 760
*** TURN *** [Th Jd 8s] [6c]
SERGEY896 bets 240
cshintov raises to 480
SERGEY896 calls 240
*** RIVER *** [Th Jd 8s 6c] [7d]
SERGEY896 has 15 seconds left to act
SERGEY896 bets 1,600
cshintov calls 1,600
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SERGEY896 shows [9s 2s] a straight, Jack high
cshintov mucks
SERGEY896 wins the pot (6,440) with a straight, Jack high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,440 | Rake 0
Board: [Th Jd 8s 6c 7d]
Seat 1: tntbr didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: ppsell folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Mojzes Laszlo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Timisoara RO didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: Viloborod (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: frytz11 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: SERGEY896 (big blind) showed [9s 2s] and won (6,440) with a straight, Jack high
Seat 8: Rik526 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: cshintov mucked [Tc Jh] - two pair, Jacks and Tens

Last edited by godofcricket; Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 11:21 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 30, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
that early in the tourney, from early position, J 10 off is an auto muck preflop. It's way too early to be playing a marginal hand.

If you are in the hand, since there is a straight possible on the flop, you really need to worry about it and when they make a large bet on the river, you have to fold 2 pair... becuase any 9 gives them a straight.

Old
Sat Apr 30, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Not a good idea to be posting hands from other sites,I suggest deleting the FT part of the hand history so you dont ruffle any feathers.
No reads its pretty hard to give you a good evaluation with out them.

Preflop:
I rarely raise JTos from early position,its just to easy to get into trouble,especially early in a tourney when the maniacs are still in play.I would muck these without reads.Look to tighten your range from UTG to Mid position.Consider anything less than AQ and TT garbage from these positions.

Flop:
This is a flop that is very draw heavy(wet board) and you are not going to get some one to fold easily.2 pair often get in trouble when the board connects,since you have so much in the pot and feel pot commited.I would either check this or bet to control the pot.

Turn:I wouldnt be to worried about the turn card since it is unlikely it would help them out.
You would have to put them on 97 specifically for them to hit.
This turn is where your reads come into play.Have you seen him bet like this before on a draw?
Has he taken this line before to encourage playback?No reads I call and see what happens on the river.If you have reads than it would be easy to make up your mind and put them in a tough spot or fold.
I dont like the min-raise,it encourages players to spew and you are not strong enough to do that.
Used to take this line as a way to control the river,cause my thinking was they would check the river hoping I spew but I no longer use that line,since it doesnt work.

River: Is a fold.Junk hands can get there on this board and its like folding QQ on a Ace high board.
Yes he might have Ace rag but he isnt folding it.

Make a point of looking to see what hands connect when you have 2 pair.
I have often ran into trouble with AA getting stubborn and not thinking why they are calling or raising.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com