Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

The benefit of a "Top 10" finish

Old
The benefit of a "Top 10" finish - Tue May 03, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Is.............abuse. Loads of it. In every tournament I've played since the league was finalised.

This also occured the last time I made the top 10. Does anybody else get these sad little haters, or am I a special case?

Old
Tue May 03, 2011, 10:54 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Yes

But I tend to get them for my posts in the forum.People saying I have a big Ego or how horrible I play.
Thing that bothers me more is the soft play near the end of the month that I have been on both sides of.I dont like it but it seems to be hard butt out.

Have noticed a group of players that play a home game together that soft play each other and one of there members usually will have a huge stack very early on.Still to early to say names but I am watching them,since it does involve a lot of members and they dont post in here at all.

Old
Tue May 03, 2011, 11:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
yeah. the soft play and chip dumping at the end of a month is BAD.

Darkman, you're not the only one with your situation. That's for sure.... been there, done that.

Old
Tue May 03, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Is.............abuse. Loads of it. In every tournament I've played since the league was finalised.

This also occured the last time I made the top 10. Does anybody else get these sad little haters, or am I a special case?
You're a special case alright.

Old
Wed May 04, 2011, 06:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:

Envy... maybe, but I didn't feel the hate. In fact, those checking the leaderboard showed respect to my bets and raises. It must be you.

Old
Wed May 04, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:

I know what it is Dman....all your friends have been banned from playing here so that only leaves....HATERS!

Old
Wed May 04, 2011, 01:14 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
its tuff at the top

Old
Wed May 04, 2011, 07:09 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace King 61 View Post
I know what it is Dman....all your friends have been banned from playing here so that only leaves....HATERS!
Well that's not entirely right, but there's certainly an element of truth to it

What I can say with certainty though is that amongst the "non American" poker playing group there is larger percentage of donks, fish and retards. Sad but true.

Old
Wed May 04, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:

What I can say with certainty though is that amongst the "non American" poker playing group there is larger percentage of donks, fish and retards. Sad but true.
Why did you have to single me out ? No need to be offensive, just take my chips and say thanks.

Old
Wed May 04, 2011, 09:49 PM
(#10)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Yes

But I tend to get them for my posts in the forum.People saying I have a big Ego or how horrible I play.
Thing that bothers me more is the soft play near the end of the month that I have been on both sides of.I dont like it but it seems to be hard butt out.

Have noticed a group of players that play a home game together that soft play each other and one of there members usually will have a huge stack very early on.Still to early to say names but I am watching them,since it does involve a lot of members and they dont post in here at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
yeah. the soft play and chip dumping at the end of a month is BAD.

Darkman, you're not the only one with your situation. That's for sure.... been there, done that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
Envy... maybe, but I didn't feel the hate. In fact, those checking the leaderboard showed respect to my bets and raises. It must be you.
Sick brags about being in the top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
You're a special case alright.
Sick assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace King 61 View Post
Sick miss of calling this a Sick Brag Thread...really Johnny..you?..come on!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Why did you have to single me out ? No need to be offensive, just take my chips and say thanks.

Sick brags about being able to play.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com