Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

USA - no more but no history?

Old
Thumbs down
USA - no more but no history? - Tue May 03, 2011, 10:41 PM
(#1)
QueenBee9979's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 24
BronzeStar
Yes I understand that USA players had to be removed from PSO standings after black Friday but what I don't understand is us being completely purged. No history of our play / no history of our rankings. Sorry but that is just NOT right - we put in the hard work - the long hours - the donks donking us with bs hands & pokerstars humoring them - to be purged???? - WTG PSO!
Yes I am mad & upset ...... Are all the other US players ok with this? Can anyone explain why we were completely purge??


QBee
 
Old
Default
Tue May 03, 2011, 10:54 PM
(#2)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
It is nothing to do with the site TBH but more to do that Pokerstars are complying with the DJ to ensure US players get their funds returned.

Now, I may be a cynic, but the vested interests in Poker in the US, who I believe are really behind the clampdown think US players will be dumb enough to blame Pokerstars and not play on it again when online Poker is offered in the US in the future.

Are US players really going to take their anger out on Pokerstars rather than direct it at those who are trying to profit from the DoJ's actions?

Do I need to quote Johnathan Swift yet again?

I will add my own quote "none so blind as those that cannot see"

God knows who I plagiarised that from...
 
Old
Default
Excuse the hell out of me!!!! - Tue May 03, 2011, 11:26 PM
(#3)
QueenBee9979's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 24
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=topthecat;278253]It is nothing to do with the site TBH but more to do that Pokerstars are complying with the DJ to ensure US players get their funds returned.

Now, I may be a cynic, but the vested interests in Poker in the US, who I believe are really behind the clampdown think US players will be dumb enough to blame Pokerstars and not play on it again when online Poker is offered in the US in the future.

Are US players really going to take their anger out on Pokerstars rather than direct it at those who are trying to profit from the DoJ's actions?

Do I need to quote Johnathan Swift yet again?

I will add my own quote "none so blind as those that cannot see"

topthecat - get a clue dude - yes Ido blame the PSO for removing our history from the leaderboard - that had nothing to do with us being able to cash out nor did it have anything to do with the DOJ - like they said to purge us from the leaderboard - RIGHT!
And if you can't understand our frustrations after all we put into this, it is you that has the problem! ! !
And yes the government here wants to collect taxes & others are going to try & profit from the actions of the DOJ - BUT let me remind you, laws have been broken so read your own quote "none so blind as those that cannot see"

My only question was - why we were purged completely - we the players did not cause these problems BUT it is us that are suffering the consequences ! ! !

 
Old
Default
Tue May 03, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#4)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
Purged because it is a legal requirement of the DoJ to allow funds to be returned.

I.E. no trace of US players eliciting value on Pokerstars directly in the past, present or future. I am not a lawyer but I would hazard a guess that Pokerstars had to purge all mentioning of US players in both Pokerstars and PSO in order to return monies to US players.

I cannot understand why you cannot see that Pokerstars have to comply to what the DoJ wants.

If your reaction is going to be that of the majority of US players then pokerstars will never regain a foothold in the US market should the current legislation be changed.

TC

I give up if you cannot understand this.
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 05:39 AM
(#5)
QueenBee9979's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 24
BronzeStar
TC
I would dare to say that the US market for pokerstars shall remain intact as there is no other site like it - with the PSO monthly competition & the bonds of friendship formed here. We all miss it just like any of you would & if given the choice, we would return.

I did not realize that us being purged completely, even our histories, was part of the deal. If so, you are right & we can't blame the PSO but it is us that are still paying the consequences.

QBee
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 11:45 AM
(#6)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee9979 View Post
Yes I understand that USA players had to be removed from PSO standings after black Friday but what I don't understand is us being completely purged. No history of our play / no history of our rankings. Sorry but that is just NOT right - we put in the hard work - the long hours - the donks donking us with bs hands & pokerstars humoring them - to be purged???? - WTG PSO!
Yes I am mad & upset ...... Are all the other US players ok with this? Can anyone explain why we were completely purge??


QBee
I THINK WHEN THEY HAD TO REMOVE PLAYERS FROM APRIL THEY FOUND THE PROGRAM WAS NOT SET UP FOR THAT AND THE EASY AND QUICKEST WAY WAS TO PURGE U.S. PLAYERS FROM ALL THE MOS. SO IT WAS MOST LIKELY A PROGRAMMING THING
MAYBE AT SOME TIME THE PAST MOS. WILL BE RESTORED
GOOD LUCK

 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 01:09 PM
(#7)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
hi Queen miss u and all the US players
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#8)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee9979 View Post
Yes I understand that USA players had to be removed from PSO standings after black Friday but what I don't understand is us being completely purged. No history of our play / no history of our rankings. Sorry but that is just NOT right - we put in the hard work - the long hours - the donks donking us with bs hands & pokerstars humoring them - to be purged???? - WTG PSO!
Yes I am mad & upset ...... Are all the other US players ok with this? Can anyone explain why we were completely purge??


QBee
Hey QueenBee

My own take on this is that US players have been entirely removeed because the people who originally built the software that drives the scoring system did so without envisaging a situation where a particular group of players would need to be removed, meaning you there is no facility to have a player active up to a certain point in time.

I'm sure all the US player data is still in the PSO database (it certainly should be) and in the future previous months full history may be reinstated but until the problems with the software are sorted it seems to be an all or nothing situation.

I'm not saying I'm right here, just what I think based on what I've seen of the software that drives the site.

 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 02:39 PM
(#9)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,501
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Purged because it is a legal requirement of the DoJ to allow funds to be returned.

I.E. no trace of US players eliciting value on Pokerstars directly in the past, present or future. I am not a lawyer but I would hazard a guess that Pokerstars had to purge all mentioning of US players in both Pokerstars and PSO in order to return monies to US players.
This makes no sense to me. To what end woud the DOJ even care about this? At any rate this theory should be really easy to test, just look up something prior to 4/15 and see if US players stuff is there.

Regarding specifcally the PSO league standings, I tend to agree with the shouter it's probably just a programming thing, when they ran the fix to remove US players from the April standings it removed them from all league standings. It's not a personal affront to US members and Stars is not thumbing their nose at us. Seriously, what would be their motivation to do that? Does it make any sense?
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 02:43 PM
(#10)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
lol at the shouter
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#11)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,501
(Head Trainer)
All traces of US players have not been removed from PokerStars. Example, SCOOP 2010 Leaderboard:

http://www.pokerstars.com/scoop/player-of-the-series/
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#12)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
I understand the frustration of US players having their playing statistics in the league removed and I do hope that Ray and Dennis are right about it being a software functionality issue on the PSO side.

However, if this is the case then I am sure that PSO would make a statement to that effect and say that they are working to resolve the problem.

The fact that they are saying nothing leads me to believe that it could have something to do with compliance of the agreement with the Department of Justice and part of that agreement may be that they cannot comment on this issue.

I really hope that the whole mess get sorted out and that US players can start playing again on Pokerstars and participate in the PSO league.

TC

Opps posting at the same time again.

You are right on that point Dave. If PSO just make a statement to that effect then it should clear everything up.

I just have a feeling that there are interests at work that want to ensure that Pokerstars are not going to be allowed into the US market if the current legislation is changed.

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Wed May 04, 2011 at 03:01 PM..
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#13)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
I THINK WHEN THEY HAD TO REMOVE PLAYERS FROM APRIL THEY FOUND THE PROGRAM WAS NOT SET UP FOR THAT AND THE EASY AND QUICKEST WAY WAS TO PURGE U.S. PLAYERS FROM ALL THE MOS. SO IT WAS MOST LIKELY A PROGRAMMING THING
MAYBE AT SOME TIME THE PAST MOS. WILL BE RESTORED
GOOD LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
Hey QueenBee

My own take on this is that US players have been entirely removeed because the people who originally built the software that drives the scoring system did so without envisaging a situation where a particular group of players would need to be removed, meaning you there is no facility to have a player active up to a certain point in time.

I'm sure all the US player data is still in the PSO database (it certainly should be) and in the future previous months full history may be reinstated but until the problems with the software are sorted it seems to be an all or nothing situation.

I'm not saying I'm right here, just what I think based on what I've seen of the software that drives the site.

This is the most logical explanation as to why Americans were removed from the leaderboards.
 
Old
Default
Removed Names Only - Wed May 04, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#14)
Razzys's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 241
All months from July 2010 up to and including March 2011, are missing our
American Friends Names, but they did not alter any standings,
A player that previously ranked 130th, is still ranked 130th.
All though now,they may find their name on page 1 or 2,
Your ranks are just not on the list, and I think they will be put them back in
as soon as they can figure it out.

Interesting while looking at these previous months,
the pso ran July31, 2010 with 6719 players .
May 4, 2011 currently at 2601 players.

Not only us members that miss our friends, want you back in the mix,
but I bet you the PSO Head Honchos and Administration wants you back also.

The sooner the better is my point of view.

Last edited by Razzys; Wed May 04, 2011 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: acutal numbers versus ball park
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#15)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
I understand the frustration of US players having their playing statistics in the league removed and I do hope that Ray and Dennis are right about it being a software functionality issue on the PSO side.

However, if this is the case then I am sure that PSO would make a statement to that effect and say that they are working to resolve the problem.

The fact that they are saying nothing leads me to believe that it could have something to do with compliance of the agreement with the Department of Justice and part of that agreement may be that they cannot comment on this issue.

I really hope that the whole mess get sorted out and that US players can start playing again on Pokerstars and participate in the PSO league.

TC

Opps posting at the same time again.

You are right on that point Dave. If PSO just make a statement to that effect then it should clear everything up.

I just have a feeling that there are interests at work that want to ensure that Pokerstars are not going to be allowed into the US market if the current legislation is changed.

TC

LOL at PSO making a statement.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 09:07 PM
(#16)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
LOL at PSO making a statement.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
My feelings exactly.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Old
Default
Thu May 05, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#17)
joy7108's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,286
I can't believe that Pokerstars would do anything voluntarily that would insult the US players, they are still hoping to get them back. Maybe I'm gullible, but I believe Pokerstars is doing what they can to combat this situation, and that someday the Americans will be back.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by joy7108; Thu May 05, 2011 at 12:57 AM..
 
Old
Default
Thu May 05, 2011, 06:03 AM
(#18)
QueenBee9979's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 24
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
hi Queen miss u and all the US players

Hey Mom - thank you so much! We miss you all to!
 
Old
Default
Thu May 05, 2011, 06:16 AM
(#19)
QueenBee9979's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 24
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
I THINK WHEN THEY HAD TO REMOVE PLAYERS FROM APRIL THEY FOUND THE PROGRAM WAS NOT SET UP FOR THAT AND THE EASY AND QUICKEST WAY WAS TO PURGE U.S. PLAYERS FROM ALL THE MOS. SO IT WAS MOST LIKELY A PROGRAMMING THING
MAYBE AT SOME TIME THE PAST MOS. WILL BE RESTORED
GOOD LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
Hey QueenBee

My own take on this is that US players have been entirely removeed because the people who originally built the software that drives the scoring system did so without envisaging a situation where a particular group of players would need to be removed, meaning you there is no facility to have a player active up to a certain point in time.

I'm sure all the US player data is still in the PSO database (it certainly should be) and in the future previous months full history may be reinstated but until the problems with the software are sorted it seems to be an all or nothing situation.

I'm not saying I'm right here, just what I think based on what I've seen of the software that drives the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
This makes no sense to me. To what end woud the DOJ even care about this? At any rate this theory should be really easy to test, just look up something prior to 4/15 and see if US players stuff is there.

Regarding specifcally the PSO league standings, I tend to agree with the shouter it's probably just a programming thing, when they ran the fix to remove US players from the April standings it removed them from all league standings. It's not a personal affront to US members and Stars is not thumbing their nose at us. Seriously, what would be their motivation to do that? Does it make any sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
This is the most logical explanation as to why Americans were removed from the leaderboards.


Thanks guys for your replies - this is what I want to believe - hope you all are right. I look forward to the day when all of this can be resolved & we can return to playing with you guys - til that time - I wish you all the best of luck ! ! !
 
Old
Default
Thu May 05, 2011, 11:58 AM
(#20)
ralphrob's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 98
What about the legal reasons. Poker Stars have to prove they have cut all ties with the USA. Any indication or assumption that they will or are able to continue operation would not look good in the US courts. It cannot look as if they assume all will be resumed.

That's my 2c
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com