Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Suggestion's in Regards too American Players

Old
Wink
Suggestion's in Regards too American Players - Fri May 06, 2011, 09:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Dear Poker School I have found a way for the USA players to play in the league. You have white stars who get the small pay outs, you have live players like me who get to play for the big money and what im thinking is that you make a black star for the USA players for black Friday. They would not win any money but would be able to play in the league which will make the league strong again and it cud benefit you as a company because if USA players were to finish in the top 5 spots nobody would get the big prize money. And in my opinion if you cant beat the USA players you don’t deserve the big money anyway’s. It would keep the USA players interested in the site and it would give them there experience, which is what the league is for. It would be a fare way for every one involved and the league would be great again. Its not a bad idea, it’s a considerate and appropriate approach for everyone involved I think. I hope you will really consider what I am saying to you and give me a reply too the suggestions I have proposed.

yours sincerely

buzzliyear.

up up and away !

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 09:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
The idea certainly has it's merits Buzz.

It will be interesting to see if there will be a response from PSO or not.

TC

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 09:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Thank you so much Buzz for trying to help us - your American friends who so desperately want to be back with you guys. You have continually showed your support - even playing with us in the home games - for play money when you could be playing anything you wanted.

This is the best suggestion I have seen on a way we could still be a part of the PSO.
Thank you so much for putting that much thought into it ! ! !

Bee

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 10:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
to OP.

Good suggestion. Hopefully staff/admin will consider this and respond.

PS. Will need some method of dealing with the payouts for tourneys to US players.

Last edited by annie_22at90; Fri May 06, 2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 06:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I've never heard such a load of tosh !

1. Americans still have a number of sites on which they can play for real money.
2. It's likely that Americans will NEVER be allowed to play on Pokerstars again.

I miss you guys, but move on. This helps nobody.

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 07:23 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post

1. Americans still have a number of sites on which they can play for real money.
2. It's likely that Americans will NEVER be allowed to play on Pokerstars again.

Not only that, but why would an American waste their time playing the league with no payout.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 08:04 PM
(#7)
Some American players like to play, and they value the freinds they have made. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 01:11 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Joy. This is a business. Not a social club for people from whom they can make no money.

Jeez. I'm sorry if this is harsh, but get a reality check.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 02:48 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
Not only that, but why would an American waste their time playing the league with no payout.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Quote:
Joy. This is a business. Not a social club for people from whom they can make no money.

Jeez. I'm sorry if this is harsh, but get a reality check.
Didn't know what cold hearted Jerks you both were - as if you don't use it as a social club.....You get a reality check - some of us have made strong bonds - sorry if you have not experienced that. And league play would not be a waste of time as there is no where else where there is league play ! ! ! Boy it sure helps to see someone's true colors/motives - it would just tee you off if someone was on the leader board & couldn't make the "big" money.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 09:27 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee9979 View Post
Didn't know what cold hearted Jerks you both were - as if you don't use it as a social club.
See the bit about who it's for

Quote:
And league play would not be a waste of time as there is no where else where there is league play ! ! !
I don't think you've looked hard enough. But if YOU don't have it available, please tell me the benefit of learning a skill you'll never be able to put to beneficial use.

Quote:
Boy it sure helps to see someone's true colors/motives - it would just tee you off if someone was on the leader board & couldn't make the "big" money.
Not just "big" money. ANY money. Maybe you'd care to enlighten me as to where you can find any other sport / activity where people who have nothing to gain are given the opportunity to harm the prospects of people that have.

Jerk you say? Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#11)
although i don't agree with the OP and stand more in line with ssuglia here of why would we play for nothing i have to say that i'm not the least bit surprised of the pessimistic demoralizing comments from d-man with regards to us americans never coming back and will add that i as well as others will remember his and others degrading and lack of compassion when we do come back

good luck to you d-man i for one will no longer give a damn about anything you have to add to these forums

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 10:55 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
Some American players like to play, and they value the freinds they have made. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way.
I value the friends I've made, but that's what the forum and home games are for.

Once I began making more money outside of the league, the league itself lost it's value to me.

So if my choices are A) play in a monthly league offering no cash prizes, or B) playing cash tables, sng's, and mtt's with the potential for a nice ROI, that's a snap call for me. No stalling to think about that one.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
although i don't agree with the OP and stand more in line with ssuglia here of why would we play for nothing i have to say that i'm not the least bit surprised of the pessimistic demoralizing comments from d-man with regards to us americans never coming back and will add that i as well as others will remember his and others degrading and lack of compassion when we do come back

good luck to you d-man i for one will no longer give a damn about anything you have to add to these forums

Demoralising comments? That's what you guys call facing facts is it?

Well I wish you and these "others" all the best in this dreamland in which you choose to reside. Those Americans that I did befriend in this place have acknowledged that the world has changed and have changed with it. We remain in touch via other sites, messenger services and email. It seems I made good choices. Not one of them has wallowed in self pity like some of you.

Pathetic. You really need to get a grip.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#14)
nobody is crying over here
we play at the home club keep in touch also and play for cash at other sites
just i for one as well as others know that we will be back
if you want to fantasize that this will be an american free site forever then go ahead
i can't wait till the day comes that we burst your little bubble

and as far as pathetic goes you only need to re-read your posts

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 03:10 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
See the bit about who it's for

I don't think you've looked hard enough. But if YOU don't have it available, please tell me the benefit of learning a skill you'll never be able to put to beneficial use.

Not just "big" money. ANY money. Maybe you'd care to enlighten me as to where you can find any other sport / activity where people who have nothing to gain are given the opportunity to harm the prospects of people that have.

Jerk you say? Maybe you should look in the mirror.

OK, yes, I stand corrected - it would be NO money. But, I have never, in my life, been called a jerk - I am the exact opposite. & yes perhaps you are right - maybe we are pathetic for wanting to play somewhere where we are not wanted by so many ........... whatever .......... OVER & OUT
QBee

Old
PSO Options - Sat May 07, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
First off , most players aren't really playing for the money anyways (on an hourly basis you'd make more money picking bottles off the road ditch)..also the Top Ten is an extremely small percentage of the total league and a longshot to get there ... What many Americans miss I suspect is the challenge and and the competition to make it into the top several 100 spots...the cummulative aspect of each tourney building towards months end....their names posted in a league side by side with their friends and rivals ....

So if the Americans were allowed to play but couldn't recieve any of the money for placing ...then divy/chop it amongst the players from countries that can recieve it. Thus the $17,500 payout isn't false advertising.

Old
Mon May 09, 2011, 12:33 AM
(#17)
What can i say about this thread, first off it is a horrible idea, this is a league that is for people that can play for cash bottom line.

As I stated in a previous thread, if the pso wants to make a play money pso league for the americans I think that would be a great idea and they would get to play with there friends, mind you I and many other pso league members would not be inclined to play in a play money league but that is besides the point those that do wanna play with the americans could.

But would the pso be willing to open a pso play money league? my guess is not there is nothing to gain from it for them. in a cash league they want players to win the prize money guys, most likely those people that win the cash will use that cash and continue to play with the cash they win and stars thus collects on the rake also if in the process they knock out someone in a cash tourney that speant his last 3 5 10 bucks what have you that person is likely to redeposit, soo it's a win win for stars over all.

Allowwing the americans back into the league is not a win win situation for stars thus it will never happen.

And lets be honest the only way americans are ever going to play for cash agian on stars is if the big wigs pay off the right people.

Will this ever happen my guess is it won't, take note supernova elites who lived in the states and moved there entire lives example spacegravey from united states to costa rica now... many mrore of the online pros who were from the states that were either supernovas and or super nova elites are following in spacegravey's foot steps that is you first clue it is never coming back to the states, your next tip is are the big wigs willing to doan out litterally billions of dollars out of there own pockets to get the usa market back in the game? the answer is simple nope not going to happen they are already trreading on thin ice as it is.

I have many american friends I feel for them that they can no longer play the cash games on stars but at the same time as someone else posted there are other sites in which they can still play cash on if you guys are dedicated friends you can join those other sites and play with them thier as well as still play in the pso league here.

with all that said i firmly state that buzz's idea is fail and will never be addressed by the pso staff as they work for poker stars and there is no profit in taking away cash prizes away from players that are able to play cash tables or tournies on stars.

Cheers and see you all on the felt

Last edited by Link2me; Mon May 09, 2011 at 12:38 AM..

Old
Mon May 09, 2011, 04:45 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZLIYEAR View Post
Dear Poker School I have found a way for the USA players to play in the league. You have white stars who get the small pay outs, you have live players like me who get to play for the big money and what im thinking is that you make a black star for the USA players for black Friday. They would not win any money but would be able to play in the league which will make the league strong again and it cud benefit you as a company because if USA players were to finish in the top 5 spots nobody would get the big prize money. And in my opinion if you cant beat the USA players you don’t deserve the big money anyway’s. It would keep the USA players interested in the site and it would give them there experience, which is what the league is for. It would be a fare way for every one involved and the league would be great again. Its not a bad idea, it’s a considerate and appropriate approach for everyone involved I think. I hope you will really consider what I am saying to you and give me a reply too the suggestions I have proposed.

yours sincerely

buzzliyear.

up up and away !

One obvious potential scenario as to why this won't happen (nor should it).............

Player X from the US of A is in first place with 2 days left in the month.

He logs on to find his PM box stuffed with messages from Euro/Canadian/S.American/wherever players offering a whole wide range of cash inducements via money order/e-checks/whatever to dump.

Has already been enough "questionable" play in this League,adding a possibility of more is not such a hot idea,IMO.

Old
Mon May 09, 2011, 05:34 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
One obvious potential scenario as to why this won't happen (nor should it).............

Player X from the US of A is in first place with 2 days left in the month.

He logs on to find his PM box stuffed with messages from Euro/Canadian/S.American/wherever players offering a whole wide range of cash inducements via money order/e-checks/whatever to dump.

Has already been enough "questionable" play in this League,adding a possibility of more is not such a hot idea,IMO.
+1

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 09:06 AM
(#20)
Hey Buzz are you trying to cause world-war 3. When i read the 1st post i thought this aint a bad idea but by the time i got to the last post, i was reaching for my tin hat and after consuming some of the other posts iv'e come to the conclusion that this simply would not be a good idea for several reasons Buzz
1. Being that an American player would'nt have that much to lose playing a hand against a none American player (points wise).
2.Colusion would be rife through-out the league turning into an America vs the rest of the world league.
3.Back handers, were none-American players could recruit American players to chip dump and attack there rivals for the top spots.

So in my view Buzz, the negatives far out way the positive in this idea. All-tho it was a good idea to get them back on the scene, and would the same amount of Americans rejoin the league for play money anyway, i think not as most of them would not have the time and dedication to play a months worth of games for nothing in return because lets face it you can buy 1 million play chips for as little as $1 so even the play chips isnt a substaional enough reward for most.

I think the only way of getting some sort of competative league going were every-one can play, would be to start another play money league were the top 100 finishers at the end of the month get to play in a extended tournament and perhaps winning prizes such as: clothing / sighned-pictures of pokerstars and champion recognition for that month on the PSO website.

Now can every one put there dummys back in and stop this title-tatle and join me in a group hug

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com