Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Just another day at the office

Old
Just another day at the office - Fri May 06, 2011, 09:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
i'm starting to lose faith in this pso league after suffering 4 bad beats today alone. My question is, Is how are we supposed to learn if we are constantly getting bad beats. Here is my latest as i dont no how to use the hand replayer ive copied and pasted the hand.

PokerStars Game #61774100250: Tournament #387299161, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2011/05/07 2:07:16 WET [2011/05/06 21:07:16 ET]
Table '387299161 3' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Tomturkey2 (1500 in chips)
Seat 3: De Hitman (1640 in chips)
Seat 4: jggodders (907 in chips)
Seat 5: Bossman227 (1913 in chips)
Seat 6: PLaws62 (1800 in chips)
Seat 7: munchinears (1390 in chips)
Seat 8: ont1655 (1440 in chips)
Seat 9: talnet (1410 in chips)
ont1655: posts small blind 10
talnet: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to De Hitman [Js Jd]
Tomturkey2: raises 20 to 40
De Hitman: calls 40
jggodders: folds
Bossman227: calls 40
PLaws62: folds
munchinears: folds
ont1655: folds
talnet: raises 1370 to 1410 and is all-in
Tomturkey2: folds
De Hitman: calls 1370
Bossman227: calls 1370
*** FLOP *** [Jh 3d 9d]
De Hitman: bets 230 and is all-in
Bossman227: calls 230
*** TURN *** [Jh 3d 9d] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 3d 9d Qs] [Ts]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
De Hitman: shows [Js Jd] (three of a kind, Jacks)
Bossman227: shows [Qd Ah] (a pair of Queens)
De Hitman collected 460 from side pot
talnet: shows [Ad Kh] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
talnet collected 4280 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4740 Main pot 4280. Side pot 460. | Rake 0
Board [Jh 3d 9d Qs Ts]
Seat 1: Tomturkey2 folded before Flop
Seat 3: De Hitman showed [Js Jd] and won (460) with three of a kind, Jacks
Seat 4: jggodders folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Bossman227 showed [Qd Ah] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 6: PLaws62 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: munchinears (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: ont1655 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: talnet (big blind) showed [Ad Kh] and won (4280) with a straight, Ten to ace.

Can anyone tell me if i played this hand wrong or should i have folded after the raise allin???

Old
Fri May 06, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
WhiteStar
I wouldn't consider that a Bad beat as you were pretty much pot commited pre flop and calling an all in raise that leaves you with no fold equity that early in a tournament is a bad move, thats just my opinion though I could be wrong.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
blinds are too small for allin with jacks fold fold fold

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#4)
i played in the same game as you,i had one match i folded a pair of kings on the opening hands,two players went all in ,had i played i would have won,but the risk of loosing everything that early was not worth it for me,i am also trying to improve my game,i height j j i usualy loose so i now am very carfull and will fold,three of a kinf i may well do as you did ,somtimes that will loose but will also win keep heart

Old
big pairs early lose..big pairs later win...what!! - Wed Jun 01, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
i understand what you mean about blinds being too low to call an all in. j j is more likely to hold up later on; but why is that? if everthing is so normal and random, why is this a better move later in a tourney? same appllies with stealing hands. when you raise with stealing hands early on, they rarely hit, but become very playable and do connect later on. personally, i dont call ANY all in with any hand early on coz i know i will be punished. ive only played about 60k hands of online poker, but have learned there are certain things you just will not get away with early on in a mtt or sng, that would be perfectly feasible at a b&m. not a rigtard, just a not-random tard.if it were random, then all these hyper-aggressive maniacs would not always be making their impossible long-shots. i like to think in the long run they cant get away with it, but i dont know. more and more i have come to believe that exteme but somehow controlled aggression is the only way to go to get the nod from big brother, the r n g. i know this is going to piss the elitists off but ive done it in the past, so what the hell. besides, i dont even play here, i just use the tutorals and forums to gain insight. lol. tx...

Old
Bad Beats - Wed Jun 01, 2011, 04:32 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
The thing is that they won't happen all the time in every instance. You can't be blown off good hands because of bad beats, you should still play for the win in at every opportunity. There will be times when you lose with hands you should not lose with but as well you will win with hands you should not win with, it all evens out. I myself used to let bad beats and bad cards eat away at me until I realized that there is always another game around the corner to play. Just play in the best way you can and don't let these things bring you down, there is victory out there but it will take patience, opportunity and luck to get there.

Old
Wed Jun 01, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#7)
replay hand_id=119449 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=183DB3D023]

here hitman ,my poker play is bad but im getting good with the replayer,i have to stop posting hands seems im a whiner,i started this month great ,KK and out first hand i played,all in and all out

Old
Wed Jun 01, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
by looking at all the preflop action that happend in the hand that hitman posted,pocket jacks in this situation is a fold because off the all in reraise,you amy be holding the best hand but more then likley you will be a coin flip at the best is which you were.bad beats are part off the game and always will be,if these are putting you on tilt in either way id say mabe take a day or 2 away from poker theres always lots off time to play during the month

Old
Wed Jun 01, 2011, 06:47 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
i'm starting to lose faith in this pso league after suffering 4 bad beats today alone. My question is, Is how are we supposed to learn if we are constantly getting bad beats. Here is my latest as i dont no how to use the hand replayer ive copied and pasted the hand.

PokerStars Game #61774100250: Tournament #387299161, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2011/05/07 2:07:16 WET [2011/05/06 21:07:16 ET
You Just Won $1500 In The League, How Can You Lose Faith In It After Losing In A $1 Buy In?????? Also, Talnet Is An Idiot Who Plays All In With ATC

Old
Wed Jun 01, 2011, 06:58 PM
(#10)
This was revived from the first week of the month Toon.

Old
Wed Jun 01, 2011, 07:05 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonarmy1566 View Post
You Just Won $1500 In The League, How Can You Lose Faith In It After Losing In A $1 Buy In?????? Also, Talnet Is An Idiot Who Plays All In With ATC
An Infraction For This? You Have Got To Be Joking Me? After All The Shit And Bad Language In Other Posts Lately,You Must Have Had A Field Day Joe. Heres An Infraction For You And Brian To Fight Over.............................................. .......Are You Ready?.................
FFFFF COUGH

Old
Sat Jun 04, 2011, 09:31 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post

PokerStars Game #61774100250: Tournament #387299161, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2011/05/07 2:07:16 WET [2011/05/06 21:07:16 ET]
Table '387299161 3' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Tomturkey2 (1500 in chips)
Seat 3: De Hitman (1640 in chips)
Seat 4: jggodders (907 in chips)
Seat 5: Bossman227 (1913 in chips)
Seat 6: PLaws62 (1800 in chips)
Seat 7: munchinears (1390 in chips)
Seat 8: ont1655 (1440 in chips)
Seat 9: talnet (1410 in chips)
ont1655: posts small blind 10
talnet: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to De Hitman [Js Jd]
Tomturkey2: raises 20 to 40
De Hitman: calls 40
jggodders: folds
Bossman227: calls 40
PLaws62: folds
munchinears: folds
ont1655: folds
talnet: raises 1370 to 1410 and is all-in
Tomturkey2: folds
De Hitman: calls 1370
Bossman227: calls 1370
*** FLOP *** [Jh 3d 9d]
De Hitman: bets 230 and is all-in
Bossman227: calls 230
*** TURN *** [Jh 3d 9d] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 3d 9d Qs] [Ts]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
De Hitman: shows [Js Jd] (three of a kind, Jacks)
Bossman227: shows [Qd Ah] (a pair of Queens)
De Hitman collected 460 from side pot
talnet: shows [Ad Kh] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
talnet collected 4280 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4740 Main pot 4280. Side pot 460. | Rake 0
Board [Jh 3d 9d Qs Ts]
Seat 1: Tomturkey2 folded before Flop
Seat 3: De Hitman showed [Js Jd] and won (460) with three of a kind, Jacks
Seat 4: jggodders folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Bossman227 showed [Qd Ah] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 6: PLaws62 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: munchinears (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: ont1655 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: talnet (big blind) showed [Ad Kh] and won (4280) with a straight, Ten to ace.

Can anyone tell me if i played this hand wrong or should i have folded after the raise allin???
err where is the bad beat here?

its a $1 game, so its not breaking anyones bank that you lost

its happening at 10/20 blinds!!!! its not like you are deep into the game and on the payout bubble - its happening at the first blind levels ffs. You are have not even invested any time into it

You have ab chip stack vs another av chip stack. No big stack confrontation for a massive chip lead here.

This whole hand you are cry over NOTHING, there a no consequences for this so called beat, you lose $1 at the very opening round of a $1 donkament sng.

Wait until you are deep into a $10+ MTT, have played for 5+ hours, are on the final table bubble where there is going to be serious money at stake, have KK or some other premium hand. You reraise some euro donk who min raises and then can't fold any ace... calls your 3 bet for 1/5 stack out of position with a retarded hand like A8s.... calls your all in chasing his draw, and then makes runner runner to crack your Kings or Aces... where a double up would have put you in 3rd in chips 16 handed - a good position for a shot at the $1k+ final table payouts... but instead you finish 17th or something for $80...

That is a bad beat. Not your $1 game at 10/20 when you are both the start stack.

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 06:15 AM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
thats really not that bad, u played it right id say, idunno how someone can say fold fold fold when u hit a set on the flop, thats a bit passive, at the worst a player will be drawing or catch a pair etc, anyway thats how poker is, ive hit a set with aces and had a player move allin against me with equal stacks(about 100bbs), and he had a gutshot on the turn and of course his 4 outer came up. here check this bad beat out, its how my day ended cus i saw like 5 bad beats in the past hour or so that were close to as bad as thisits on partypoker)
Dealt to dgking111 [ Qc Qs ]
About_what calls [$0.10 USD]
Vombat1989 folds
jayboss222 folds
dgking111 raises [$0.50 USD]
Schusselei folds
bambam63x folds
About_what calls [$0.40 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Tc, 4s, 8c ]
About_what checks
dgking111 bets [$0.70 USD]
About_what calls [$0.70 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
About_what bets [$2.43 USD]
dgking111 is all-In [$2.85 USD]
About_what calls [$0.42 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
About_what shows [ 4h, Qh ]three of a kind, Fours.
dgking111 doesn't show [ Qc, Qs ]two pairs, Queens and Fours.
About_what wins $7.84 USD from the main pot with three of a kind, Fours.

ps: he called me a faggot after this hand

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 06:36 AM
(#14)
Since: Dec 2010
sorry i shoulda read that a bit clearer, early stages of tourneys try not to call a push definately, pretty tempting with high pocket pairs, still cant say u were really wrong to call an allin really with jj. Tho at the beginning of a tourney every hand allin preflop is considered -ev statistically and jj to ak wins 55%, where as my example preflop i was 87% favorite, flop 93%, turn 96%, ridiculous!!! i like phil hellmuth for one thing only, the fact that he says if he were to make a pokersite, he would program it so that donks who call and raise with any 2 cards wouldnt win as much as on all pokersites.

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 09:58 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerfmacestun View Post
err where is the bad beat here?

its a $1 game, so its not breaking anyones bank that you lost

its happening at 10/20 blinds!!!! its not like you are deep into the game and on the payout bubble - its happening at the first blind levels ffs. You are have not even invested any time into it

You have ab chip stack vs another av chip stack. No big stack confrontation for a massive chip lead here.

This whole hand you are cry over NOTHING, there a no consequences for this so called beat, you lose $1 at the very opening round of a $1 donkament sng.

Wait until you are deep into a $10+ MTT, have played for 5+ hours, are on the final table bubble where there is going to be serious money at stake, have KK or some other premium hand. You reraise some euro donk who min raises and then can't fold any ace... calls your 3 bet for 1/5 stack out of position with a retarded hand like A8s.... calls your all in chasing his draw, and then makes runner runner to crack your Kings or Aces... where a double up would have put you in 3rd in chips 16 handed - a good position for a shot at the $1k+ final table payouts... but instead you finish 17th or something for $80...

That is a bad beat. Not your $1 game at 10/20 when you are both the start stack.
I don't know why players like urself have to constantly brag about ur superiority in the poker room. it doesn't matter that it was a "donkament"--u can still play winning poker and cash out. y does every one of ur posts have to mention "eurodonks" and go on and on about how unlucky u are late in tournaments? u think that ur making a valid point by teaching through example, but in reality ur just blowing off steam time and time again. if u want to cry, post it seperately, not as a reply to someone else's post.

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 10:02 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgk420420 View Post
sorry i shoulda read that a bit clearer, early stages of tourneys try not to call a push definately, pretty tempting with high pocket pairs, still cant say u were really wrong to call an allin really with jj. Tho at the beginning of a tourney every hand allin preflop is considered -ev statistically and jj to ak wins 55%, where as my example preflop i was 87% favorite, flop 93%, turn 96%, ridiculous!!! i like phil hellmuth for one thing only, the fact that he says if he were to make a pokersite, he would program it so that donks who call and raise with any 2 cards wouldnt win as much as on all pokersites.
it just depends on how u want to play. calling an all in during the first blind level is obviously a big risk. sure, u might win the hand and double up, but chances are you won't be able to use that stack to win the tournament as effectively as if you doubled up closer to the ITM bubble bursting. like the old saying goes, "u can't win a tournament in the first hand, but u can definitely lose it."

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com