Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

$3.40 Tickets Now Un-Usable

Old
$3.40 Tickets Now Un-Usable - Sat May 07, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
I still had 1 $3.40 ticket to use and have found that as a result of the changes to PokerStars SNG fees there are no longer any $3.40 tournaments and therefore the ticket is un-usable.

I have contacted Support and requested they either convert the ticket into cash or tournament dollars, I will post any response I receive.

Old
Sat May 07, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#2)
Hello David,

Greetings from PokerStars.

Due to the recent Sit & Go buy-in changes at PokerStars the PokerSchoolOnline tickets cannot be used at the moment.

The situation is currently evaluated and we will send you an update about the tickets as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We are sorry for the caused inconveniences.

Regards,

Maria JE.
PokerStars Support Team

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 09:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Thank you David for starting this thread.

I too find myself with 4 tickets that are no longer useable. The fact is that the only reason I decided to make a deposit with PS, rather than to continue grinding out a BR via freerolls and PSO pennies, was to receive the "jump start" that these tickets offered. The one I did play paid nicely as I managed a second place finish and was jealously guarding the others for when I felt more skilled or particularly lucky. I have been happy with these decisions until recently as I now feel tricked and/or lied to.

I understand that it was a promotion and perhaps as such “free money” to be either spent or won as fate saw fit. Nevertheless it was/is a promise given and accepted. I also understand the business landscape has changed drastically for PS dictating changes in their business plan, however I, as much as any others who find themselves in this situation, hold no responsibility in their current turmoil and as such feel I have the right to expect them to honor their word.

No man, women nor entity is any better than the worth of their word so if this is to serve as a demonstration of the worth of word of the “New PokerStars” then I will withdraw my funds, close my account and search for honest people and places with whom and where to play and would encourage others to do the same. I think we all know the name of those who do not pay up on their gambling debts so I will refrain from using it here, however it does amount to the same. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I will look forward to any response from PS that you may be so good as to post here.

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
I still had 1 $3.40 ticket to use and have found that as a result of the changes to PokerStars SNG fees there are no longer any $3.40 tournaments and therefore the ticket is un-usable.

I have contacted Support and requested they either convert the ticket into cash or tournament dollars, I will post any response I receive.
What I find amazing is that the ticket promotion is still being advertised, even though they are not honoring their current tickets. Why in the world would a company continue to advertise a product that they have no intention of backing?!?!?!!

I think you have a very good point here Bog, and someone in a position of authority should have answered your question, instead of leaving it to a support team member who is just using a canned script for this type of inquiry.

Good luck to all the players who have these tickets. I certainly hope the company can find a way to reward you for the inconvenience they have caused.

Good luck and good cards at the tables.

--Catwoman

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 11:27 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com if you have the $3.40 tickets and they will change them for you.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#6)
Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com if you have the $3.40 tickets and they will change them for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

In response to the above post in the PSO Forum could you please exchange my 1 outstanding $3.40 ticket for either $ or tournament dollars.

Please can you also alter the PSO banner to stop the promotion of $3.40 tickets as they are no longer usable and are mis-leading to existing and new members alike.

Regards - bogweed1964

Old
Wed May 18, 2011, 02:20 AM
(#7)
Hello David,

Thank you for your patience regarding the ticket issue.

You have received alternative tickets which can be used for the $3.50 Sit & Go tournaments. The $3.40 ($3.38) tickets have been deleted.

You can check the tickets available to you in the lobby by selecting:

'Requests -> Tournament Tickets'

These tickets can be used in "$3.50" Sit & Go tournaments. To locate these tournaments, from the PokerStars Lobby screen, select the following tabs:

'Sit & Go' -> '1-Table' -> 'Micro' (for single table tournaments) OR 'Sit & Go' -> 'Multi-Table' -> 'Micro' (for multi-table tournaments)

Next, click the "Buy-In" auto-filter tab (just below the "Micro" tab). A small arrow should appear on the "Buy-In" tab and be pointing upwards (if not, click it again until the arrow points upwards). Also ensure the "Show registering/upcoming only" button is turned on.

Now, in the Sit & Go tournament list, the $3.50 events will be displayed at, or very near the top.

Also, we appreciate your concern about the promotional banner, we forwarded your suggestion to the department in charge for their review and action.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Alex
PokerSchoolOnline Support

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#8)
To avoid filling the thread with more emails that have been batted back and forth I'll briefly point out that initially the $3.50 tickets didn't work, PSO passed on the problem to PS who have resolved the issue.

So anyone with the old $3.40 tickets should contact PSO Support who will exchange them for $3.50 tickets which ar now fully functional.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com