Old
opponent had 2 outs on the river! - Sun May 08, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011

Old
Sun May 08, 2011, 09:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
I do not know if this really qualifies as a bad beat.

You called the big stacks 5x raise; note you only called not shoved. I am not a big mathematician but I believe you also gave him pot odds on the flop and turn and he had the stack to call and obviously had a decent hand. So therefore you had no fold equity.

If you were going to win this hand you had to shove on the flop and not try to slow play; your third pot bet indicated small pocket pair not aces....

TC

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Got to agree with play criticism but still was a bad beat. Two outer on the river is so harsh . Dude had no fold equity but you could have taken it with a shove on the flop, the small bet makes no sense to me and would look weak to anyone. You bet so small I think I would have check raised you all-in on principle.

Old
I've had worse ... - Sun May 15, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
This Donk had 66 ....flop AKQ I had KQ ...I bet the flop and turn got called ....and sure enough a 6 on the river ....same odds worse player. Donkey's cannot let a PP go.

The Question that is at the heart of it all....does that set come in on the river more than once in 22 times?? And the answer is 100% YES ....this is a rigged fixed joke of a site that consistently lets the crappy longshot hand come in at WAY more than the true odds ...PERIOD ....and all U clown defenders of this site ...where the proof ..were's the proof ...OPEN your F..king eyes you morons.

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 03:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar

Old
Watch It - Sun May 15, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I might have to track ya down ...and punch ya out ....lol...and forgive the grammer ...merely trying to keep it toned down ......wouldn't want to use too big of words ....or I'd have ya scrambling for the dictionary....defeating the purpose of informal off the cuff posts.

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
want my address? but you will have to take off your tinfoil hat to get through the airport

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 05:08 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBShooter View Post
This Donk had 66 ....flop AKQ I had KQ ...I bet the flop and turn got called ....and sure enough a 6 on the river ....same odds worse player. Donkey's cannot let a PP go.

The Question that is at the heart of it all....does that set come in on the river more than once in 22 times?? And the answer is 100% YES ....this is a rigged fixed joke of a site that consistently lets the crappy longshot hand come in at WAY more than the true odds ...PERIOD ....and all U clown defenders of this site ...where the proof ..were's the proof ...OPEN your F..king eyes you morons.
Where's your proof?

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 05:09 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
want my address? but you will have to take off your tinfoil hat to get through the airport
Are you and the shouter having a one-liner competition?

Old
Hope ur Getting Paid - Sun May 15, 2011, 05:31 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
You witless idiots especially you ssuglia ...I hope your getting paid per each moronic post you make ....

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBShooter View Post
You witless idiots especially you ssuglia ...I hope your getting paid per each moronic post you make ....
So you're the one who can't show proof, and I'm the idiot.

I bow before your greatness.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
some of you have said that he had no fold equity hence why he called the bets and then did get lucky. i can understand the arguments about pot odds and fold equity and stuff but to me sometimes that doesnt matter (i might be wrong on this and please correct me if i am, i am a rookie at this),
if i had JJ and the bloke after me called my 5xbig blind raise, which is a fairly hefty raise, in middle position straight away (without knowing how tight he has been playing) i would put him on a very good hand, and i would be thinking at least an ace.
so if the flop comes ace and he has bet out, although a small bet, i would know, fairly confidently, that i was behind in the hand from that point onwards.
some ppl have said his stack is so big he can afford it or he had no fold equity etc but surely if you know you are losing you shouldnt call period. if you keep doing that you will go bust very quickly and on a regular basis. i have been in simliar positions and folded KK etc. sometimes it turned out to be the wrong position, loads more the correct choice.
its hard to judge as i dont know how tight or loose the players in this particular hand are or were playing at the time and without that knowledge its hard to say whether it was bad calling on mr JJ's part.
thats my take anyway, like i said i am fairly rookieish so could be wrong and feel free to correct me.
still a very unlucky hand to lose especially after flopping your A

Last edited by PokeGod185; Mon May 16, 2011 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: cant spell

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com