Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

ESPN WSOP Main Event Final

Old
Thumbs up
ESPN WSOP Main Event Final - Tue May 10, 2011, 12:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
These are the players that I could find from the PSO who are participating in this Sunday's ESPN WSOP Main Event Final at 8PM EST. The winner of this event gets an entry into the WSOP Main event, plus flight and hotel. Right now there are 727 entrants and qualifying has ended. However, while looking through the entrants for names from the PSO, I noticed, and have reported, a few suspicious names for multi-accounting, so we'll see if the number drops a few.
In case you didn't know, the ESPN club is tied to pokerstars and most of us probably play on pokerstars' site and skins after we register for an event. (It's just cleaner, and you have some stuff on ps, like the replay button and your personal notes, that you don't get on the espn site.)

If I've missed anyone, and you wish to let us know you're playing, please post.

The absolute best of luck to everyone playing!!!

4EUROS2
4thefunofit2
A-gangerSSBN
JWK24
Russell1078
RustyJonesNH
!!!111Dan

Thanks JW for making me take notice of this and bring it to the forum.

It would be a sweeeeet moment for the PSO should one of these take it down.

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how do I get in on that espn thingy????

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Yeah. What Room said. Congrats, guys. Now I want in.

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 03:09 PM
(#4)
delete

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Tue May 10, 2011 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: nm

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 04:17 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
no working, just takes me to the poker home

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
(#6)
Sorry..don't know why it's unacceptable to provide the link to a pokerstars site.

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Woo hoo dan Got his first Slap!!!

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 06:22 PM
(#8)

Wasn't my first...lest we forget the late great Puke Chick branding.

Probably won't be my last.

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 07:50 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
How is it possible to win that kind of prize if you are an American player? Would love an explanation to that.

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 08:10 PM
(#10)
Actually Johnny, all the players registered for this are from the US. My guess is that the ESPN club poker is based in the US....but I'm not sure. When I can get some more info, I'll provide it.
I'm looking for an appropriate link to it, but if you google espn poker club, you should get to it.
I don't know how, but it's tied to pokerstars, it runs freerolls, and they have clubs. (It resembles Pokerstars.net in their lobby.)
Like I said, you can even run your games through PS, once you're registered.
Sorry to have put up a bad link...when I get the info, I'll provide it, but if you see Billy or Mary, they can get you the info in vent.

Sorry for any confusion.....

NONE THE LESS..please encourage the PSO players in this event.
What a prize!

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 10:26 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I've been looking for a good link for it since that Fri too for a couple of people. I think they took it down.

I was playing the ESPN stuff way before I started on Stars (it's where I got my start online). The old servers were, I'm assuming, in CT... just like their other games ones.

The one now (and for the last year or so) is run by pokerstars.net

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 12:49 AM
(#12)
Let me know JW and thanks..like I said, could probably be googled. That's where I got the link that I shouldn't have.
I just didn't save the one I used originally, but if Mary did, I'll check if it's ok, then post it.

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 12:53 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
Here's a kinda related question, from a non-American. Does anyone know if/when Stars would be running satellites for WSOP events? I think that just about all of the smaller sites have already started.

Old
Thumbs up
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Wed May 11, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Let me know JW and thanks..like I said, could probably be googled. That's where I got the link that I shouldn't have.
I just didn't save the one I used originally, but if Mary did, I'll check if it's ok, then post it.

Hi Dan ,

I sent U all the Info for Espn's Poker Club on the Poker Stars. NET SKIN that U will Need . ESPN is RUN on PS.Net since Late last year . Anyone that wants to play there can still USE there Poker Stars Screen Name .... I played there for 5 1/2 years b4 coming to Play the PSO in August . So I agree with You . MOD's should Leave the LINK UP ...

http://espn.go.com/sports/fantasy/bl...ker/id/5842358
ESPN Poker Club ON POKER STARS . NET

To Load Game Client Scroll down to the Blue Add Banner .. U can also Reg for Games on ESPN and Log out and RE Log In With YOUR Poker Stars & Your Game's will POP up on your POKER STARS Skin WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ...

Your PS play money is USED to play on ESPN Poker Club
Hugs and Good Luck .

Mary

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
(#15)
You're the best Mary.
Thank you!!
This link is player tested, mod approved.

Old
Red face
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Wed May 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dan . np u knew id get the info 4 ya . heading out 4 the day see ya later . ill be golfing when i get home weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in da cop lmao .

hugs ,

mary

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 05:47 PM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Did the rest of you get the e-mail I did? Says that the tourney final is cancelled and has a gift card code for their shop.

Old
Hi - Thu May 12, 2011, 06:50 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Did the rest of you get the e-mail I did? Says that the tourney final is cancelled and has a gift card code for their shop.

From AJ Andrew J Feldman ESPN poker club Director Via Espn Poker's Message board today :

Hey everyone,

Just copying and pasting what I am allowed to say regarding the situation...unfortunately, for now, we've reached the end of the ESPN PC with a shut-down date in the very near future:
"Due to the recent federal actions impacting the U.S. online poker
industry, ESPN has decided to suspend all

activities on the ESPN Poker Club currently powered by

PokerStars.net. As a result, the Main Event Final Tournament
that was set to take place on May 15th has been cancelled.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us at

support@espncustomercare.com.
Thank you for playing at ESPN Poker Club. We wish you all the

best and look forward to communicating to you any future news

regarding the ESPN Poker Club.
Sincerely, The ESPN Poker Team"

I've enjoyed working and playing along side all of you for the last six years and will continue to work towards building a new ESPN Poker Club destination in the near future.

-AJ

ESPN Poker is closing up Shop .

Hugs ,

Mary

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 07:06 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
AJ's always been a class act to me. Over the years in it, I've won a few minor prizes in the tournies and he's always been really good with personally getting them out to me. Hands-on director that made sure things got taken care of for all the players involved..... and a really good player too! I'm sure they'll end up somewhere, hopefully back with pokerstars, when we're all allowed back in.

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 07:13 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
AJ's always been a class act to me. Over the years in it, I've won a few minor prizes in the tournies and he's always been really good with personally getting them out to me. Hands-on director that made sure things got taken care of for all the players involved..... and a really good player too! I'm sure they'll end up somewhere, hopefully back with pokerstars, when we're all allowed back in.

Yes he has JW . He is trying to see what he can do for everyone there . He didnt have any good news today . He is working on something .

This was his latest Post :

I dont think the MB is going anywhere...and I'm working on a new home for all of us...not good news today, but I'll work towards better news soon.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com