Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

victorycelt

Old
victorycelt - Tue May 10, 2011, 11:39 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
if you get this guy on your table be aware he is a cheap player. He says he is leaving and going to bed, goes all in. Somebody called him thinking he had nuttin and he shows a pocket pair and won a big pot.

He didnt get me with this trick but he knocked 2 people outta a PSO tourney and we were close too final tbl too. I just thought it was a prick move....

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 11:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Thats one of the oldest online tricks there is,

ya never trust anything anyone says to you when your playing poker as it is a game of deception

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
just bothered me how he did it so far into the tourney... those guys played for almost 3 hours and got screwed outta the tourney by this guy and then he laughed boout it afterwards.

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 12:01 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2007
Hmmmm,

Trust yr instincts devil boy. The player you mentioned was at the final table with me, lot of speech play not just chatting with other players. I did not trust his talk play and neither did anyone else. I enjoyed it but that is maybe cos i won

TC

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 12:36 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
It amazes me that people still try this. But it amazes me more that people still fall for it

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 12:41 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2007
Once bitten, twice shy

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 02:01 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Oh no,not brinksmanship in the chat box in a poker game. Say it isn't so.

Look,if he were to say something like "I'm holding 83o but I'm tired so I'm shipping it." that would be one thing,as Stars makes it clear in the rules that you are not to discuss your holdings while a hand is still in play (unless it's a HU match,or HU on a ring table or down to HU in MTT/SNG). So if he did that,report him. But if he just said that he was tired so he was shipping it and someone fell for that....well lesson learned I would hope. I've tabled with celt a few times and have seen him do anything LEGAL that he can in the chat box to get an edge,if peeps fall for it that ain't his lookout IMO.

What I'm truly stunned by is that the far more disturbing issue and result from this tournament is not being discussed here.

Top won a PSO???!!!

It's rigged----BIG TIME.

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 10:02 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I was on that final tbl with top... he was on fire and dominated. Got lucky on me though, lol. A-K vs A-J and he hit a jack.... grrr.

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
def rigged Mox enjoy da monies Topper

Old
wise up monkey lol - Wed May 11, 2011, 11:50 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2009
its only a game if u say ur going put me out and do fair play but u wont lolol and didnt. stop crying now gl till ya

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
def rigged Mox enjoy da monies Topper

LOLZ roomik. I hope no "birther" types come in here and see your post. They'll prolly think it's real video from Obama visiting an ACORN office in '08 or something.

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorycelt View Post
its only a game if u say ur going put me out and do fair play but u wont lolol and didnt. stop crying now gl till ya
yoda.jpg

Old
Doyal Brunson to Phil Gordon - Wed May 11, 2011, 04:04 PM
(#13)
Astro705
(Odelay)
Phil Gordon relates a story where he called a bet all in after the opponent said - well I guess this is my take a stand hand - guess I'll go see that new movie playing .... and then shipped it. Gordon calls and the villain turns over American Airlines. Doyal shakes his head and says "Boy, didnt anyone ever tell you to beware of the speech."

Taking it a step beyond that - without a hand history showing stack sizes etc racing in a 50/50 spot even with ducks might have been his take a stand hand - and since the hard working honest players you are so concerned with elected to put themselves in bust out position by calling (think gap principal) guess they decided it was time to take a stand also. . . . . . .

So the point of your post was ? ? ?

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro705 View Post
Phil Gordon relates a story where he called a bet all in after the opponent said - well I guess this is my take a stand hand - guess I'll go see that new movie playing .... and then shipped it. Gordon calls and the villain turns over American Airlines. Doyal shakes his head and says "Boy, didnt anyone ever tell you to beware of the speech."

Taking it a step beyond that - without a hand history showing stack sizes etc racing in a 50/50 spot even with ducks might have been his take a stand hand - and since the hard working honest players you are so concerned with elected to put themselves in bust out position by calling (think gap principal) guess they decided it was time to take a stand also. . . . . . .

So the point of your post was ? ? ?
He likes to complain?

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 10:25 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I aint complaining.... nuttin happened to me... just giving a warning out to the rest.... if you 2 dont like it or appreciate it then GTFO....

Old
Wed May 11, 2011, 10:30 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLBoY452 View Post
I aint complaining.... nuttin happened to me... just giving a warning out to the rest.... if you 2 dont like it or appreciate it then GTFO....
Just a wee bit sensitive, eh?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
grow a spine. - Wed May 11, 2011, 11:44 PM
(#17)
Astro705
(Odelay)
And we are saying ...... there is nothing here to warn people about, and we are saying it is part of the game..... grow a spine.

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 12:31 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro705 View Post
And we are saying ...... there is nothing here to warn people about, and we are saying it is part of the game..... grow a spine.
And a pair.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 07:59 AM
(#19)
Since: Dec 2010
Boring Thread..Im going to bed

Old
Thu May 12, 2011, 08:01 AM
(#20)
Since: Dec 2010
Only kiddin....me back now

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com