Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

how do you keep your game plan

Old
how do you keep your game plan - Sun May 15, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by PLaws62; Sun May 15, 2011 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: trying to use the replayer

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
if you're getting into a pot from UTG, you don't want to limp. Either raise or fold and I'd be making the standard opening raise with AQ.

Calling the 400 bet after the flop with top pair and 2nd kicker to me is something I'd do 100% of the time, in that situation.... although I'd have raised to 600 preflop.

You just got extremely unlucky on it.

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 07:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Don't limp AQ preflop. Raise or fold from UTG. With a couple of sitters you're effectively playing 7-handed, so you should definitely be raising AQ. AQ offsuit is a hand whose strength lies in high cards and top pair with a great kicker. Open-limping encourages a multiway pot which is bad for that kind of hand. AQ is also not strong enough to trap. Just open to your standard raise. If you like to 3x, 3x, if you normally make it 2.5x, 2.5x is fine. Limping is not though.

On the flop, I'd raise his bet...Of course, he's already all-in, so it's an obvious call. He goes runner runner to make some wacko straight. You got it in as a huge favorite in a spot where a pair of twos or even ace/king high is probably good enough to call. That's just unlucky. If there's a 3% chance you can lose...that's still more than zero. Losing this pot doesn't hurt you at all really. Don't sweat it.

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 07:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
ok i got the hand replayer to work,the guy came back into the game as this hand was delt ,it was a frustrating day and this hand was anyying at the time but afterwards yes was worth a giggle

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 07:40 PM
(#5)
One piece of advice from my early poker days was to evaluate your options in this order:
1 - Should I raise?
2 - Should I fold?
3 - Should I call?

Old
Sun May 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
One piece of advice from my early poker days was to evaluate your options in this order:
1 - Should I raise?
2 - Should I fold?
3 - Should I call?
This is PSO Joe. Add "should I time out"

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
1 - Should I fold?
2 - Should I raise?
3 - Should I call?
FYP.

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 01:56 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
The stuff I've read says raise/fold/call. That way you stay aggressive. Better to be too aggressive than too passive, because at least you can win when people fold. While you should be folding more often than raising, you should consider raising first.

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Flip flopping #'s 1 and 2 doesn't impact aggression, it impacts looseness.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com