Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PSO looking for trainers

Old
PSO looking for trainers - Mon May 16, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
PSO are actively looking to increase the number of trainers we have available.
In particular we are looking for players in the UK, Ireland and Canada who we can train to use the live training software. You will be playing in low limit games via the software and taking members chat during your play. These sessions will be recorded and posted on PSO. for further use.

If you would like to be considered please PM PSO Admin with your details and some information.

Regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Last edited by PSO Admin; Tue Jul 05, 2011 at 11:34 AM..

Old
PSO... - Sun May 22, 2011, 12:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pso admin View Post
pso are actively looking to increase the number of trainers we have available.
In particular we are looking for players in the uk, ireland and canada who we can train to use the live training software. You will be playing in low limit games via the software and taking members chat during your play. These sessions will be recorded and posted on pso. For further use.

If you would like to be considered please pm pso admin with your details and some information.

Regards
chyna101

Old
PSO Trainers - Sun May 22, 2011, 10:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
do you still need people??..if so..can you provide more detail in terms of how it works

Thanks

Old
Mon May 23, 2011, 08:34 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2007
I think you raise a good point here, Phantom?

What criteria, experience, qualifications, knowledge and prerequisites are they applying to this position? What are they looking for? A great player is not necessarily a great instructor.

Many successful, coaches, instructors, managers have had little or no success in their chosen sport or activity. Look at David Leadbetter in golf: he had no success as a player but his interest in the psychology, mechanics, techniques and strategy of golf led him to instruction and being widely acknowledged as the world's leading golf instructor. He knows all the fundamentals of golf, but his forte is not applying them for himself, but teaching them to others. Indeed, most of the top tier of any sport, have not translated that playing success to the coaching side, with a few notable exceptions.

I am not applying for the position. My goal, as ever, is to win the Main Event in 2012, defend my title successfully in 2013, and then go into fatal cardiac arrest, whilst leading the final table at the 2014 Main Event, under a haze of drugs and alcohol, live on national television.

I want to be remembered

TC

Old
Mon May 23, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi All,

As the head trainer, Admin has asked me to review all applicants who have an interest in this and make recommendations on who to begin with on a trial basis.

First let me clarify what we're looking for (and yes we still need people ). We are interested in adding some Live Trainers to play small/micro stakes games while conducting Live Training sessions regarding their play. The way that works is that you'd be playing in real time during your training session, and sharing with the training participants your thought process and reasoning behind your actions, just like the live trainings I've conducted where I was playing live in real time. Training participants do not play in the game with you (in fact that's strictly against the rules as they will be able to see your hole cards in the training room... anyone caught trying to sit with a trainer at the tables while logged into the training room is subject to having their account closed by Stars).

We are seeking non-US residents only for this as your training sessions will revolve around you playing for real money on PokerStars. We are seeking multiple time zones to facilitate a variety of time slot offerings. At the very least we would like to add at least 1 trainer from Canada and 1 from the UK/Europe (but will add more if available). I'm not sure what the size of our Aussie membership is but personally I'd love to see someone from that time zone block added as well.

Anyone who is interested, please send me a PM. What I’ll need from you is a summary of your poker experience, and what you feel you’d bring to the table as a live trainer. Consider it like an application or resume for a Live Trainer position. The kinds of things I’d like to see when possible:

-What is your playing background and history

-What is your teaching experience (if any)

-What are your primary real money game(s)? (nl cash games, mtt’s, sng’s, PLO, limit hold'em, full ring/6 max/HU, etc. etc.)

-Provide any proof you have of your results in these real money games (a screen shot of your PokerTracker or Hold’em Manager graph would be good).

Prior teaching experience isn’t necessarily required… obviously it helps, and not everyone who can play can also teach effectively, but I will be working with the new trainers directly to help coach them on the teaching aspect when necessary. Some track record of successful real money play is necessary however for the games in which you intend to conduct your live training sessions, or at least some demonstration of the knowledge level conducive to successful micro stakes play.

If you have any questions regarding the application or Live Trainer position, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
Tue May 24, 2011, 06:28 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2007
Thanks Dave,

Hopefully, you get some applicants that fit the bill

TC

Old
Tue May 24, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
If 30 peeps tell me to I will apply!

Gidee Up!

Cowboy

Old
Tue May 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
lol, ok, let's keep this thread clean please for legitimate questions about the live trainer position.

Cowboy is confident enough to make his decision to apply without needing 30 peeps to vote him into doing it.

Old
Tue May 24, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Dave,

Are there any benefits or incentives for a trainer to come on board such as increased VPP's or a trip to Vegas or salary etc! Thanks

Cowboy

Old
Tue May 24, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
No increased VPP's or trips to Vegas, it is a paid position however. Payments will be made monthly directly to your PokerStars account.

Old
Tue May 24, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Pick cowboy...

He may run lucky, but he is good at teaching others how to do it too!

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 08:09 PM
(#12)
* A
Since: Jan 2010
interesting role

Old
Thu Jun 16, 2011, 10:56 AM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

We are still seeking to add 1-2 more Live Trainers, specifically for micro stakes cash game play. If you currently are able to beat micro stakes NLHE, either 6 max or full ring, and might be interested in being involved in the Live Training program, please send me a PM with your info (see post #5 in this thread for what I need from you).

Thanks!

Dave

Old
Sat Jun 18, 2011, 11:08 PM
(#14)
Since: Sep 2010
Not to say that I intend to apply for the position, but I'm curious what you consider to be an adequate sample size in 6-max cash, Dave.

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 01:31 AM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Not to say that I intend to apply for the position, but I'm curious what you consider to be an adequate sample size in 6-max cash, Dave.
Not something I want to put a number too, as I don't want to discourage anyone from applying that feels they might be a good fit. There at least has to be a demonstration that you can beat the game at the micro-stakes level (if you can demonstrate you can beat it higher than micros, that counts too obviously).

I will say this, I have had people apply who said they can't provide stats but they win all the time, and when I do a little digging they are clearly not winning players. I've also had a couple applicants who had a decent win rate but over very small sample sizes. Anyone can crush or be crushed over 500 hands, it's called variance.

My advise is, if you think this is something you're interested in pursuing, and you can demonstrate you're able to beat the game at least at the micro-stakes level, go ahead and apply. If you're not sure your stats are sufficient to demonstrate that, apply anyway. I'll have a look and we can talk further.

Dave

Old
PSO Trainers - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I've played on PSO since Nvember, 2010. Usually around the top 100 or 200... Then, started playing live in May... Made the final table...came in 4th at my first LIVE tourney in May in Texas Holdem... Played the 2011 WSOP at the RIO... made it to 598 in my first bracelet tourney, 2890 players, event #45, Made it too 19th in the daily WSOP on Tuesday 6/28/11. My teaching technique for playing would be...

There are 3 Categories that I divide odds and percentages up into. You must also calculate real quickly, Pot Odds and how the person plays and bets... the amount bet according to their stack size is very important and you have to figure their stack size by your eye, it's not printed as in online poker.... They cold bet 5 BB's but, if their stack size is huge, that would be a small bet and they may not have a great starting hand...When playing in WSOP here's what I do on every hand:

oh...and Relax...The problem is I have to learn how to relax my neck muscles... I cannot move my neck from side to side....not from lookin down at cards, but from the tension at the table.

Then...
I made sure I knew the bet size vs. the stack size of everyone who bet, figured out the best hand that the board could make, even if I wasn't in the hand, figured my hand odds (easy) before the flop, after the flop, at the turn and at the river... then, figure the hand that the person who bet may have...considering the odds below... determine if the odds on my hand were better or worse that his/hers....then, had to take into the consideration how that player was betting when he/she had different hands, the pot odds I was getting at the time of the bet and a few other things. I realized after the 3rd day that this was what was making my neck stiff on either side (kinda like I was playing a rugby game)... but, I still couldn't do anything about it... lol
So...learn to relax before playing LIVE....lmao

ODDS and PERCENTAGES

WHAT to expect from the FLOP

Odds(rnd) Percent
A pair 5-1 17%
Three suited cards 18-1 5.2%
Three of a given suit 72-1 1.3%
Two suited cards 0.8-1 55%
Three Different suits 1.5-1 40%
Three in sequence
28-1 3%
Two in sequence 1.5-1 40%
None in sequence 0.8-1 56%
Three of a kind 424-1 .24%

What You will FLOP

Pairing at least one hole card 32%
Straight draw with your connectors 26%
A pair on the board 17%
Making a set with your pocket pair 11%
Four Flush when suited 11%
Four Flush when NOT suited 2%
Flush when two suited cards 1%
Pairing both hole cards 2%
Straight Flush draw with 2 suited cards 3.4%
Trips with No pocket Pair 1.3%
Making a Full House with a pocket pair 1%

ODDS of being dealt Specific Hands on a five card board

Royal Flush 649,740 to 1
Straight Flush 72,192 to 1
Four of a Kind 4,164 to 1
Full House 693 to 1
Flush 508 to 1
Straight 254 to 1
Three of a Kind 46 to 1
Two Pair 20 to 1
One pair 1.37 to 1
NO pair 1 to 1

After you use this in online poker by looking at it for 1,000 hands it starts to sink in to where you don't have to look...

Flush with suited cards

Let me know...

Nobisquit

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com