Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

abuse diercted at outher players

Old
abuse diercted at outher players - Mon May 16, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
i was in a tounement sunday night i finished 14th ,but along the way a player from argentina ,had won a couple of pots,there was some name calling ,called him a muppet lol,i gues was funny to a point,then he played some hands and an english fellow got realy upset and started ranting about joining pso and he should go read some of the lessons,the argentina fellow i think got fed up and said somthing about being tired and wanted to go to bed and he went all in and somone took him up he lost a 4000chip pot he was not doing to bad,his english was not the best he seemed to spell his words as they are pronouced,i believe in argentina they speak spanish ,so i guess he was doing well and had some intelegence,the player did tell him to go read some of the lessons,,and laughed at his position in the league and the other fellow was doing rather well,after thinking about what happened ,i think there should be a way penalize players that abuse others ,i know we all have a little hissy fits now and then but i think this went to far

Last edited by PLaws62; Mon May 16, 2011 at 07:23 PM..

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 09:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Chat violations must be reported to a chat moderator during the game (preferred) or by sending hand histories to support@pokerstars.com afterward.

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 10:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
You have absolutely no idea Laws. Try spending a day in my shoes

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 01:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
You luckbox donkey.

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post

Wanker.

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 09:37 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Wanker.
Show me a grinder that isn't

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 05:06 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2007
I would just like to put forward my observations about this Plaws62:

The increase in verbal abuse since Black Friday at PSO tables is absolutely bewildering. I am all for a bit of craic and banter but some of the things I have seen directed at other players, whether they be new to the game or good players is just beyond reason, and way outside of how people should conduct themselves at the poker table.

I am even more surprised at the location of the majority of offenders. Thankfully, none of them seem to be active participants in the forum, yet apparently they know everything there is to know about playing poker. They certainly know nothing about common decency, respect for themselves and for their opponents.

And Joe, you know yourself, that reporting chat infractions at the table results in a moderator appearing with a scripted response to be nice to each other. That is absolutely no deterrent to these morons whatsoever. If we send hand histories could you as a moderator here guarantee that some action will be taken against these people, because quite honestly they are spoiling the game for everyone involved.

In conclusion, these people are in the minority, but unless we as individuals take action against this, then things will only get worse not better. I would recommend that those of you who find this behaviour as disgusting as I do to save hand histories and start emailing them to Pokerstars support so that they start to take some action against these individuals, whether that be chat bans or even harsher admonishments. Please do not retaliate, or even interact with these people, just report them.

Thanks for your cooperation, comments welcome.

TC

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 08:53 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
What ???

We Americans leave and the whole world sinks into a mass of uncivilized chaos?? Does everyone think we are the worlds cop?? ( lolol )

Don't expect us to solve the worlds problems, we have enough big issues to handle, like trying to fill in the void left by the online poker vacancy.

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
[QUOTE=hobojim11247;280220]What ???

We Americans leave and the whole world sinks into a mass of uncivilized chaos?? Does everyone think we are the worlds cop?? ( lolol )

I was under the impression your government think they are.

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 12:14 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisbon roar View Post

I was under the impression your government think they are.
Our government has many gradiose delusions. They are in the minority in those opinions.

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
If we send hand histories could you as a moderator here guarantee that some action will be taken against these people,
Oh, I got this one for ya Joe.

No, he can't.

PokerSchoolOnline forum mods have no say or control over PokerStars client (card room) investigations or infractions. Now, if the abuse occurs here in these forums, then I can tell you they'll be on it.

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
If we send hand histories could you as a moderator here guarantee that some action will be taken against these people
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Oh, I got this one for ya Joe.

No, he can't.

PokerSchoolOnline forum mods have no say or control over PokerStars client (card room) investigations or infractions. Now, if the abuse occurs here in these forums, then I can tell you they'll be on it.
Yeah, I think top is a little off about who to contact, but he is kinda on the right track.

I've found that instead of hitting the "call moderator" button, it's better to email Pokerstars support directly, they act fairly swiftly and actually do something about the chat violations.

So top has the right idea, but I think he is confusing PSO Forum moderators with Pokerstars chat moderators.

Old
Fri May 20, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
There isn't any way to prevent the chat abuse with online poker. I'm sure it is at it's worst in freerolls because there are a lot of kids that play there. Age identification is required for real money deposits/withdrawels, but until you do that you can simply lie about your age. If the chat abuse really bothers you just call in a chat admin or report it to pokerstars like already suggested. The offenders will eventually receive chat bans.

Old
Sat May 21, 2011, 01:23 AM
(#14)
as your former american PSO buddy i will share my simple reply to drive an angry mad man bonkers

" WOW!!! how do you type so fast with only one hand free"

Old
Thumbs down
Sun May 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
(#15)
Since: Apr 2011
This happened last night,
Raccoon92, was giving someone/ all of table abuse, he has done same things before on table( same Tournament, diff time ) i have witnessed. But this is the most shocking of lot. I Think he/she should be BANNED from PokerStars , and help/locked up as hes obviously deranged,sick beeper
what sub category do put it under?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abuse to someone.jpg (78.9 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Sun May 22, 2011 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: spelling mistakes, ask info

Old
Sun May 22, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
wow send that in to support... thats a guy that I would be willing to hunt down

Old
Mon May 23, 2011, 01:03 AM
(#17)
Don't sweat it HighTimes...

90% of the time I see a raccoon in my neck of the woods it's roadkill.

Old
Mon May 23, 2011, 07:41 AM
(#18)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Guys,

I realise moderators here are separate from those on the pokerstars client, but I suppose the "super moderator" tag on their avatars made me think they had super powers to influence the pokerstar moderators

Just send hand history to Pokerstars support HighTimes; completely uncalled for comments but they would need to see all the chat history to make an impartial decision.

TC

Old
Mon May 23, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I realise moderators here are separate from those on the pokerstars client, but I suppose the "super moderator" tag on their avatars made me think they had super powers to influence the pokerstar moderators

Just send hand history to Pokerstars support HighTimes; completely uncalled for comments but they would need to see all the chat history to make an impartial decision.

TC
No the "super moderator" tag doesn't give them super powers top.

...but Toonarmy told me he has it on "good authority" that Eric likes to wear a unitard and a cape when he logs onto Stars.

Old
Mon May 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Don't sweat it HighTimes...

90% of the time I see a raccoon in my neck of the woods it's roadkill.

...and if it's not I back up and hit it again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com