Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PSO Player Shout Outs

Old
PSO Player Shout Outs - Mon May 16, 2011, 10:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Is there a player that you miss at the tables? Is there someone that you would like to thank or show how they have improved your game, made an impact, or just want to share with the PSO?

Then post here. All off topic posts will be deleted!!!

Old
Thank You - Mon May 16, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
I'd like to thank Moxie Pip for railing me when I ran deep in the PSO. I was just learning how the league worked, and he talked me through to a third place finish. He kept telling me how much I'd get in points if I just went a little further.

That encouragement got me from about 60th to Third, also my first final table in PSO. Thanks again Moxie!!

Also thanks to Jokers Wild for the same railing encouragement, helped me finish higher than I would have otherwise. Love you guys!!

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm grateful to a number of people for improving my game. I've seldom had the opportunity to play many people from PSO outside of home game clubs, but through PSO, a number of people have helped my game become a lot better than it was when I started.

Thanks begin with Dave, whose evaluations of my hands and reminders of key concepts have been amazingly helpful since I began. Also, the Live Training videos have really helped me. I imagine the guy has spent hours addressing my forum threads, and I'm greatly appreciative of that. Also, he's a cool guy and one of the more reasonable voices in PSO's forum threads. Thanks Dave!

More thanks go to everyone else who has helped me in the HA forum, including JDean, Rockerguy, JWK, the rest of the evaluators, DLeviathan, Puciek (in his own way...), and a bunch of other people at one point or another. Learning how to play poker is the reason I started coming here, and is one of the big reasons I continue to come. Anyone who has helped me in any way has my appreciation.

Also, everyone who has helped make this community hospitable and a friendly place to come back to (and that list is a loooong list), has my thanks. It just wouldn't be PSO without all of the people who bring their character to the forums. I especially think the moderators and admin deserve a thank-you from me, because they're pretty much responsible for keeping this place up and running, and the forums friendly, and they've done a great job of that. Thanks Joe, Brian, Eric (your name is Eric, right?), and all the invisible PSO operators.

Hopefully I can continue to interact with all of you guys. It's been a great eight months so far.

Old
Mon May 16, 2011, 11:28 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Yes, Panicky, my name is Eric.

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 12:13 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Puciek (in his own way...),
I had the opportunity to play Puciek HU, that match was one of the reasons I believed that I could learn to play this game. Sorry Puciek, I should have included you in my previous post, you did have a huge impact on my game, sarcasm and all.

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 02:47 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
I'd like to thank Moxie Pip for railing me when I ran deep in the PSO. I was just learning how the league worked, and he talked me through to a third place finish. He kept telling me how much I'd get in points if I just went a little further.

That encouragement got me from about 60th to Third, also my first final table in PSO. Thanks again Moxie!!

Also thanks to Jokers Wild for the same railing encouragement, helped me finish higher than I would have otherwise. Love you guys!!
Joy it was a pleasure railing you that night. Hope myself and the rest of the US Refugees get to play with you and everyone else on here again soon.

For me the first 2 people that always pop into my mind are effsea and fairyone69. Just as much as anything for being friendly the first time I tabled with them (eff and I immediately hit it off as I chided him for having some rock star has been for an avatar--his old one--and he asked me why I chose some diseased looking pigeon for mine,lol). Ten minutes on a table with those 2 and I wanted to keep playing the PSO's. And to be quite frank had I not found PSO when I did my experiment with on-line poker would have,most likely,been a very short one.So I often wonder how fairy is doing and if things are well for her. And I'll always be grateful for meeting eff's goofy ass when I did. Just the coolest of the cool (the new avvy STILL gives me the creeps tho....).

Then a day or 2 later when I made it to 5th in like my 5th or 6th PSO I met Slushy Pup---jarhead8286 and we tabled together for better than an hour. It was watching and chatting with him that gave me an inkling as to what it took to be successful in PSO. And since I'm a firm believer that learning how to be successful here CAN and WILL translate to cash MTT/SNG play (if you can figure out what lessons to apply and what ones NOT to apply that is) then I guess you could say Jar had a big impact on my game overall.And a very cool guy to boot.

For the rest it's really too many to get them all in so I'm sure I'll miss some peeps,not intended and certainly no slight meant but some I really want to give props to are---

Ssuglia,brkn80 and felipe-ps (eff's tipsy ass again here to )--Just for being great "rail buddies". On the rail and off.

honu--for the Corral. Best poker "Darwinism" that your'e going to get on any site,anywhere for a buck. Period. And cowboy ran a damn fun game and is a great guy himself as well.

ROEye,holdupman,spudder,hobojim and (especially my kryptonite---sandtrap) for applying those lessons in poker "Darwinism" to my donk ass--repeatedly.

Poncho--just because Poncho always deserves a shout out in these type of threads. Should be a rule.

JWK,meowsas(Nitrous Kitty ),star,monkey,JD,mcriss,roomik,wiseapple,Ol Dirt Soup,chelle and many,many others who are just as good a bunch of peeps as you'll ever want to meet.

Dano--Just because you rock bud!!! My man.

The mods (Joe,Brian and eric)--we may all bitch about some of what you do,some of us more than others (cough,cough) but it doesn't mean that in some strange way we don't appreciate it. And the way you 3 have carried on since the bomb dropped (you to dano) is just a mark of great character IMO. (I'll be on the lookout for my "Get out of one Forum Ban Free" card in my PM box).

CoTe--for setting the standard.

Jjester--for the 30 peeps,LOL. That chit will NEVER get old.

And lastly Dave--Lang ----For the live training and everything else. Never made a session live but the videos have been +1 all the way. And like Dano and the mods it shows good on you to keep them coming.

Ok,so why do I feel like I just signed a bunch of yearbooks?

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Tue May 17, 2011 at 02:54 AM..

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 03:06 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Ok,so why do I feel like I just signed a bunch of yearbooks?
Yeah, I felt the same. I certainly don't expect to be leaving soon, or for PSO to be shut down. Don't know if there's a special reason for this thread, I just thought I'd answer the question asked.

By the way everyone, that was thirty-three names that Moxie just dropped.

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 03:52 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Yeah, I felt the same. I certainly don't expect to be leaving soon, or for PSO to be shut down. Don't know if there's a special reason for this thread, I just thought I'd answer the question asked.

By the way everyone, that was thirty-three names that Moxie just dropped.

LOL,you would count them to,hehe.

Hey,we Yanks may get back on here yet. Never too early to angle some soft play chances.

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 06:26 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Don't know if there's a special reason for this thread, I just thought I'd answer the question asked.
Panicky-

As I wrote this week's Roundup (which should be posted today) I thought it was important to recognize people that made PSO what it is today, and to let some of the noobs see who they might be able to count on to help their game as well as keep the community together.

There is your reason.

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 09:10 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
how can this list not include Dirtyrubberz/Iseecookies ? he has helped my game immensely I have made many great friends here, among them Eff, Mox, ssugs, Darkman, Dano etc Sandtrap for his **** like bankroll mgt That saved my bacon many times..
Dave for his always thoughtful explanations.... Buda for making me laugh when I try to decipher his posts lol, Dennis the yelling man for the king Arthur outfit and the Luke Skywalker lightsaber Joker for always adding a little fun to topics.. And finally Bogweed, always enjoy reading his posts, a little dry english wit with some slapstick thrown in for good measure Eric for taking my "shots" in stride and not banning me lol

This list could go on and on, but I have flaming to do

Ps cant forget Panicky, I think he has what it takes to do something with this game, the kid studies and asks questions like no ones business

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 09:47 AM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2007
Who do I miss?

Mmmm Fish, JT Sooted are standouts who contributed a lot to this site; Moxie is still here and I miss the xxChris guy who really knew his stuff.

Sandtrap, effsea, easychips4u and a lot of players in the Drunktanks have the type of game I would like to emulate and I would not even be able to sit down at these tables without the tutoring, patience and insight of the Darkman.

All the guys in hand analysis have my upmost respect and admiration, including cookies, JDean, JWK24 and oriholic. A big shout to RockerguyAA as well.

Panicky is a cool dude, the first player I staked and he staked me as well. Thanks man. I just wish I was as young and had half the energy that he has for the game

And last but by no means least Dave The Langolier, a more dedicated and decent gent you will never meet.

TC

Oh and off course Eric and all who were on the Magnificent Seven Team, How could I forget?

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Tue May 17, 2011 at 09:49 AM..

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 11:01 AM
(#12)
Wow, where to start,

Never in my wildest dreams would l have thought that the pso would become a big part of my life, well maybe not the pso itself, but the peeps l have gotten to know here.

Man, l miss my u.s. friends, just too many to list, and l don't want to forget anyone.

it's just not the same without you guys and girls,

me so sad

love you peeps

cheers..........hiccup

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 11:29 AM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Big shout out to Sharkatack89, XXChris123, The Langolier, Nanonoko.

I miss running into XXChris123 at th 5NL tables and comparing our play styles.

I've spent hours watching Nanonoko doing his thing at the cash tables and sifting through his hand histories online trying to pick apart his winning strategy. I have learned so much about poker and multi-tabling strategy thanks to Randy.

Dave(The Langolier) and JDean are rockstars of the hand analysis forum and have helped me a lot as well. They always go above and beyond in their extra thorough responses.

Oh yeah and I want to shout out to the US government as well. You took online poker away from me, one of the few things that I truely enjoyed and loved. I now have to focus my energy on other activities, which may be a good thing in the long run...

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#14)
I have had a chance to meet some really cool people and play against them here.
Chelle, DOGFOODFUND, TEXASKICK, Morganhell, effsea, sharkatack, ssuglia, Darkman and many more. I still see some of you around though. Hopefully some day soon we can come back and play again.
- UDS Dry

Old
Tue May 17, 2011, 03:37 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2010
My shoutout goes to each and every US player that, at this time, cannot play at PokerStars.

PokerStars as a site is a shadow of itself and the PSO Forum lacks the input and stimulus of the US membership.

Whilst PS may currently be providing me with greater ROI it is not providing me with the challenges it did, playing at the level I currently am I would rather fill my knowledge base rather than my wallet.

I look forward to the time we can all bump heads and lock horns once again.

Old
Thumbs up
Thu May 19, 2011, 09:06 AM
(#16)
Since: Feb 2011
Well, obviously there is the Langolier, JWK24, iseecookies, JDean, monkeyskunk4 and oriholic for there help on the hand analysis forum.

And anyone that's bothered reading my blog ( it's not Shakespeare, and i know it, so I'm baffled as to why you would!).

Old
Thu May 19, 2011, 12:27 PM
(#17)
Too many to mention everyone...safe to say that if I've interacted w/ you..it was my pleasure.

I do have to give a few shout outs to those who have made a difference.
Moxie..you got too much mention here already so I'll skip you. ...you are 'da man!
BTW..what did happen to fairyone, man, she was one of the first to be friendly w/ me also.

Ol' Mud..Tony..much respect and thanks for all your help and friendship. What you and JD brought to us w/ vent is invaluable..Thanks Dave and Tony!!!
JD..you were in the final 3 w/ me when I won my one and only pso tourney. Since then, you've called me a donkey and a luck box more times than I can count. Thank you for that!

Cowboy...giddee up...thanks for making this place wayyyyy more interesting. The cowboy's corral was just a precursor to what the home-games would be like. Thanks for bringing so many together.

Effsea and the drunk tank..we'll always be ready and waiting to tip one up w/ you! MC and Chelle..miss seeing you 2 there. Thanks for the positive vibe you bring.

Roomik...get a hobby and stick to it like you do the forum. ..I always knew if there was something I wanted to say, that maybe I shouldn't of because of the position, you or Ssugs would take care of it. Thanks to you, Ssugs and DeSens for all the humor!

MeowSasKitty...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... that should cover it. Mary is just a sweetheart...if you're on her good side.

People in vent..HelenaHand, Razzy, Rawhide, Attaron...i really miss ron..., Blind mouse..~~~~throws a piece of cheese~~~~ ..... Johnny, Bill and Bill, and all the rest there.

Monk..I know people have not gotten to know you the way I did..and that's a shame. You are one person who took this very seriously. The integrity you showed for the league was great. You were a big help to me getting to know this place.

Rubber cookies...one of the first people whose names I remembered. CLEAN UP ON AISLE 7...DIRTY RUBBERZ ON THE FLOOR!!

Julius...flat out the most positive person I met here...thanks bro!

Cote...notes still say "The Man" on you.

Jokers group, with Dave and Rey and Todd...dam T..thanks again for your help.

Can't forget Poncho either..one of the biggest,if not the biggest, helps to people starting a bankroll, that this place has seen.

The only thing wrong with a thread like this is the fear of forgetting someone. I'm not really trying to mention all who've affected me, just a few who made a large impact. Like I said, if I've interacted with you, it was MY pleasure.
So many people have brought a positive contribution to this place and a smile to my face.
So many helped w/ the newbies tourneys.
So many have shown generosity.
So many reasons this needs to be available to the USA.

Much love PSO!

Old
Thu May 19, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Cote...notes still say "The Man" on you.
Little known fact: If you type in "leafs blow" into the player search box, effsea and cote's names pop up.

I could be here all night mentioning names, from Mox's and JD's novels for posts, to roomik's hilarious pictures, to dirtycookiez, Dave, and everyone else who contributes in the hand analysis forum; eff, hobo, and cowboy for hosting awesome private/home games. Dman, morgan, dano, mr. skunk, sandtrap; all the nutcases that think online poker is rigged, but can't offer proof - you guys make me laugh ... the list could go on and on and on... and quite frankly I'm lazy.

So if I didn't mention you, take no offense.

And I can be found on various other sites, I'm not hard to find, because I'm not that creative with names.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com