Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

More sites closed

Old
Default
More sites closed - Mon May 23, 2011, 08:15 PM
(#1)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Looks like the gestapo is at it again.... http://news.bluffmagazine.com/ten-mo...ctments-20774/
 
Old
Default
Mon May 23, 2011, 08:32 PM
(#2)
Drywallman3's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
wow Doyle's room..........wonder if Doyle personally is responsible for his site operations and will he be in trouble?????
 
Old
Default
Mon May 23, 2011, 08:37 PM
(#3)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,517
(Head Trainer)
Doyle conveniently severed ties with DoylesRoom earlier this month.
 
Old
Default
Mon May 23, 2011, 08:37 PM
(#4)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
No, Doyle's not. I read that he stopped representing the site a few days ago, although he was still playing on it.

The part that I didn't like was the bottom bit where it said that one guy cut a deal and plead guilty for dirt on some of the people involved in the Black Friday indictments.
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 12:39 AM
(#5)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
A few thoughts on this...

First I couldn't help but LOL when I saw that one of the sites was named Funtimebingo (I get that this may be on-line Bingo) as I thought to myself that if 2/3's of the PSO saw the name of this site their reaction would be "That's the place for me!!!".

Secondly...Department of Homeland Security Special Agent???!!! DOHS is involved in this now. Really,US Government??? REALLY???!!!

So you azzhats are stipulating that on-line poker is a matter of National Security? Methinks a certain government agency is pathetically over-funded and is trying to justify it's budget.

Can someone from the US Government please explain to all of us how it's okay for a douche like Harold Camping to bilk thousands of gullible people out of $72 million all told,many giving their life savings,and NOTHING is done to this obvious fraud,but we need to be saved from engaging in a game of skill?

Free idea for PStars... Re-brand yourselves "Ministry of the Rock at Pokerstars--A Place for the Devout and Value Whores Alike..." and enjoy the kevlaresque protections that our government will then afford you as no one can ever dare deny anyone the right to espouse any type of nonsense so long as they get some scripture into their BS.

(Don't believe me ?...Google the 700 Club,Jerry Falwell,Jim and Tammy Faye Baker,Jimmy Swaggart,etc.,etc.,...).

We could even have confession here in the Forum... "Dear Lord and fellow sicko's I have sinned before your eyes. I open bet 83o from UTG+1 and then called a 4x bet raise".

Lastly this just reinforces my decision for myself to ride this out and see what the end game is going to be before I invest any money,time or effort in another site just to have the rug yanked out from under me. Because I'm willing to predict that not all the sites will be as forthright as Stars was in honoring their "responsibilities/debts/contracts" with their players should they be next on the chopping block.
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 01:02 AM
(#6)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Because I'm willing to predict that not all the sites will be as forthright as Stars was in honoring their "responsibilities/debts/contracts" with their players should they be next on the chopping block.
I was thinking the same thing. If Tilt doesn't have spare cash to pay out, then I wonder what'll happen to people at Carbon and Doyle's Room and the rest of them if they get banned.
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 01:13 AM
(#7)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
A few thoughts on this...

First I couldn't help but LOL when I saw that one of the sites was named Funtimebingo (I get that this may be on-line Bingo) as I thought to myself that if 2/3's of the PSO saw the name of this site their reaction would be "That's the place for me!!!".

Secondly...Department of Homeland Security Special Agent???!!! DOHS is involved in this now. Really,US Government??? REALLY???!!!

So you azzhats are stipulating that on-line poker is a matter of National Security? Methinks a certain government agency is pathetically over-funded and is trying to justify it's budget.

Can someone from the US Government please explain to all of us how it's okay for a douche like Harold Camping to bilk thousands of gullible people out of $72 million all told,many giving their life savings,and NOTHING is done to this obvious fraud,but we need to be saved from engaging in a game of skill?

Free idea for PStars... Re-brand yourselves "Ministry of the Rock at Pokerstars--A Place for the Devout and Value Whores Alike..." and enjoy the kevlaresque protections that our government will then afford you as no one can ever dare deny anyone the right to espouse any type of nonsense so long as they get some scripture into their BS.

(Don't believe me ?...Google the 700 Club,Jerry Falwell,Jim and Tammy Faye Baker,Jimmy Swaggart,etc.,etc.,...).

We could even have confession here in the Forum... "Dear Lord and fellow sicko's I have sinned before your eyes. I open bet 83o from UTG+1 and then called a 4x bet raise".

Lastly this just reinforces my decision for myself to ride this out and see what the end game is going to be before I invest any money,time or effort in another site just to have the rug yanked out from under me. Because I'm willing to predict that not all the sites will be as forthright as Stars was in honoring their "responsibilities/debts/contracts" with their players should they be next on the chopping block.
I think I named Moxie "post of the year" champion a couple months ago.

Turns out I was right on the person, but wrong on the post. THIS one wins.

But, hey! Didn't you hear? The new Camping end of the world date is Oct. 21st.

While I did decide to start playing somewhere else today, just because I'm confident I can build up some free money in my spare time, hearing this puts the final nail in the coffin of any idea I started to entertain about making a small deposit...

Here's to hoping I can freeroll a couple hundred and cash out fast.
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 02:02 AM
(#8)
mphnascar's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 49
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

We could even have confession here in the Forum... "Dear Lord and fellow sicko's I have sinned before your eyes. I open bet 83o from UTG+1 and then called a 4x bet raise".

I made that exact confession the other day, and do you know what my penance was? Five Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's, and 5 Days Abstaining from poker. I said to the priest WHAT? I can handle the 5 Our Father's and the 5 Hail Mary's. But 5 days without poker? I just made a donk call, I was on tilt, or I knew the other player was an ATC player.... It's not like I killed anybody! Really, 5 days? Can't I just make a donation to the church or something so I can get quicker absolution?


LOL toughest 5 days of my life!
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 02:15 AM
(#9)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Haha,thanks MC.

It's really not hard when you have such fertile material to work with though. My righteous indignation meter has been red-lined for some time now (April 15th to be exact...) as the hypocrisy of the DOJ dropping the bomb on us without prosecuting anyone not named Madoff over the criminal tanking of our economy in 2008 already had me way,way pissed.

But when I see Homeland Security involved in this BS and someone perpetrating a Ponzi Scheme rapped in scripture being allowed to operate with impunity I'm ready to go Aticca on some mofo's,LOL.

It could be worse I guess. If this were an election year we'd prolly all be doing perp walks.

Any chance we can bring the Free Soil Party back?
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 02:18 AM
(#10)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphnascar View Post
I made that exact confession the other day, and do you know what my penance was? Five Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's, and 5 Days Abstaining from poker. I said to the priest WHAT? I can handle the 5 Our Father's and the 5 Hail Mary's. But 5 days without poker? I just made a donk call, I was on tilt, or I knew the other player was an ATC player.... It's not like I killed anybody! Really, 5 days? Can't I just make a donation to the church or something so I can get quicker absolution?


LOL toughest 5 days of my life!

Yeah make the donation to Harold Camping's "church" that way you're guaranteed a seat in the spaceship or whatever that Carpetbagger with a collar is selling.
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 03:22 AM
(#11)
0HighTimes0's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 840
JOKE; Did you Here about the USA/world Online/Casino? Poker Player?
Couldn't Make A cent!
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 05:42 AM
(#12)
hiphoplives's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 516
BronzeStar
AWESOME !!! THE WORLD WAS SUPPOSED TO END ON MAY 21st.........

BUT..............

it didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN.
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#13)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphoplives View Post
AWESOME !!! THE WORLD WAS SUPPOSED TO END ON MAY 21st.........

BUT..............

it didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN.

I saw a few interviews with some of the dopes that gave this huckster money (some of them ALL their money) and the one thing I kept thinking was that PT "there's a sucker born every minute..." Barnum must be spinning at 5000 RPM's in his grave at missing the age of mass media.

How many of these idiots that he fleeced once already (Hell maybe twice,he did run this scam in '94 after all) do you think will give him money again with the October prediction? A few, half,more?

And more importantly do these nitwits play poker?

Also doesn't the Bible say something about stoning false prophets to death?

Like I said the fact that when some charlatan like this clown or the Bakker's or whomever scams people by using religion and people's fears to score a buck and that's okay,but we poker players are told that we are essentially children that must be protected from ourselves...well that just cooks my grits big time.

Let me put it this way...would you rather put your money on spiking a one-outer on the river or on this asshat?
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 01:19 PM
(#14)
TARIQ06's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 380
BronzeStar
anybody want to see a 6'3 225 lbs man cry litterally in dis belief, so i put money on doyles and build a small bank roll and i also have money on carbon, now they are shutting these sites down as well..man to hell with the crap.. i just want to give a shout out to some folks while i am on here, what's up moxie, rommik, darkman, joker, bullseye, topcat, effsea, brook, tencat, and all the peeps who are cool with me..i will miss playing with you guys..gl on your future goals in poker..
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 03:43 PM
(#15)
IroncladMerc's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 581
The Bible specifically says that no man may know the day or hour when Christ returns. Therefore anyone making any predictions stating the date of such return is automatically wrong. Even if they somehow get the date right by pure luck, God will then change the date in his calendar.
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#16)
Bill Curran's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
The Bible specifically says that no man may know the day or hour when Christ returns. Therefore anyone making any predictions stating the date of such return is automatically wrong. Even if they somehow get the date right by pure luck, God will then change the date in his calendar.

LOL It's rigged............just like Pokerstars.......LOL

 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 06:42 PM
(#17)
sharkatack89's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 536
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARIQ06 View Post
anybody want to see a 6'3 225 lbs man cry litterally in dis belief, so i put money on doyles and build a small bank roll and i also have money on carbon, now they are shutting these sites down as well..man to hell with the crap.. i just want to give a shout out to some folks while i am on here, what's up moxie, rommik, darkman, joker, bullseye, topcat, effsea, brook, tencat, and all the peeps who are cool with me..i will miss playing with you guys..gl on your future goals in poker..
Awe man. That's a bad beat tariq. I was debating whether to make some deposits as well, but never pulled the trigger. I have micro roll on carbon, but, have made a decent roll on cake. All opm but, now its mine... wonder how im gonna cash it out... nice to have played w/ all of you as well. Look for me at end of year to make a return from bc, canada. Assuming ps and canada do not change things by then. GL to all -Da Cookie Shark
 
Old
Default
Tue May 24, 2011, 07:22 PM
(#18)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
LOL It's rigged............just like Pokerstars.......LOL


Read this an hour ago. Haven't stopped laughing since...
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#19)
RedLetterman's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 665
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 09:25 PM..
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com