Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

PSO Skill League: Kiroman Diary

Old
Default
PSO Skill League: Kiroman Diary - Thu May 26, 2011, 02:35 PM
(#1)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
Im going to record all my tournaments (PSO Skill League of course) to see if Im really subject to variance, if Im tilted or if Pokerstars is rigged
(the time is set as WET)

15:00 - Hero (8h8s) villian TcKd. board: ThQs7d3c5d
18:00 - Hero (AdTd) villian QhJs. board: 5h7dQsTh8c
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 02:51 PM
(#2)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Another one who wears a tin foil hat.

You guys always seem to brighten my day.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#3)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
Another one who wears a tin foil hat.

You guys always seem to brighten my day.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BUT THAT AT WAS SOOOOTED

 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 03:24 PM
(#4)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
So, with ATs, less then 10bb with the blinds come over you next hand (and the blinds are very high compared to the stacks), you fold the hand in this spot, isn't it?

Just to be clear as Im here to learn!
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#5)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
I would need to see the hand histories to make any useful comment and your reads on the opponents.

TC
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 03:28 PM
(#6)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
My apology, I just realize that there isn't a link to the replayer for those hands. (Im so donk )

Sorry, Im work on it!
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#7)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
Yeah stick a few hands up for analysis and the guys will definitely answer.

I just looked at your league score and for only 18 games it is pretty decent and a reasonable position as well.

A,10 suited is a strong hand but depending on the types of players at the table, my stack, how close it is to the money, my table position, how many bets there have been, how many people (and how they play) there are to act after me and a host of other factors I will often fold it in PSO. Why? Because my prime objective is to score points at a minimum, and once i have achieved that to get ITM.

At this point in the month, my strategy changes a little because I need to get to the bubble to score reasonable points. I need to be in the top 100 to have a positive score and I am willing to risk my tourney life and lose some points to achieve that with decent starting hands and where I feel a lot of other factors are in my favour. If all the dominoes fall my way I can probably get top 10, if not, I should still finish in the top 100, barring total meltdown.

I hope some of this helps and I will tell you what I think when i see the hands.

Cheers

TC
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 06:29 PM
(#8)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
Oh, that's great mate!
So, this tournaments have some different strategy?
There is anything about that I can study (articles, videos, etc.)
Once again, thank yuo very much for your help
Im going to see if I can make the replayer work
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#9)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
[26.05.2011 @15:00 (WET)]

 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 06:37 PM
(#10)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
[26.05.2011 @18:00 (WET)]

 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 06:40 PM
(#11)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
[26.05.2011 @ 22:30 (WET)]




equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 54.934% 53.02% 01.91% 726775 26231.17 { AhKc }
Hand 1: 15.419% 12.63% 02.79% 173152 38205.67 { AdTc }
Hand 2: 29.647% 28.63% 01.02% 392399 13991.17 { Th8h }


That was it! After this hand even I was left with 3BB my tournament was virtually finished as I was totally melted (of hanger). So, I find a spot to shove A9s but (as confirm of my great day) bang on AJo. Obviously, not a chance

Last edited by kiroman68; Thu May 26, 2011 at 06:44 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 06:41 PM
(#12)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
I dont think it is appropriate to post the stats here for respect of other players, isn't it?
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 07:18 PM
(#13)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
well i looked at your hands

88 anyone with some kind of decent hand is going to call you when you're that short and it just happens

the ATs hand
i don't think you really needed to shove that pre
you still had 8 BBs left and i say this because it's the "skill league" games
in a regular MTT i would shove here also and these things will happen
you can't win every hand

the AK hand again if this was a regular MTT this play was fine but it's the skill league and making it as deep into the tourney as you can EVERY GAME is what matters the most

as it was said earlier you'll have to adjust your strategy for the "skill league"
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#14)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Hand 1
You played it perfectly, but being very low stack, it wasn't costing much for players to see

Hand 2
I disagree with joker, it's not an all in
It's a fold or a 2 bet, you're in early position and still have a descent stack
therefore the late position as control

Hand 3
I wouldn't of played it differently

 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 07:42 PM
(#15)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
TYVM m8s
Can I found anywhere something on how to play the PSO SL? (I mean something about how to master the best strategy). TY
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 09:25 PM
(#16)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
well i looked at your hands

88 anyone with some kind of decent hand is going to call you when you're that short and it just happens

the ATs hand
i don't think you really needed to shove that pre
you still had 8 BBs left and i say this because it's the "skill league" games

in a regular MTT i would shove here also and these things will happen
you can't win every hand


the AK hand again if this was a regular MTT this play was fine but it's the skill league and making it as deep into the tourney as you can EVERY GAME is what matters the most

as it was said earlier you'll have to adjust your strategy for the "skill league"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Hand 1
You played it perfectly, but being very low stack, it wasn't costing much for players to see

Hand 2
I disagree with joker, it's not an all in
It's a fold or a 2 bet, you're in early position and still have a descent stack
therefore the late position as control

Hand 3
I wouldn't of played it differently

just curios here
i said no all in cause of skill league but all in for a MTT
are you disagreeing with me cause you would play the same regardless of it being skill league or MTT?

 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 09:30 PM
(#17)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
....................i said no all in cause of skill league but all in for a MTT
What I meant was
No all in in both cases
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#18)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
[27.05.2011 @ 01:00 (WET)]

Last hand (or first of the day; it depend from a different point of view ) of this lovely day



I have tried to follow some advice/suggestions given previously (but in the reality it wasn't a lot I can do as I have been cards dead, and I mean that, for almost the game; at least for the last 81 hands I haven't see an hand, seriously it is very sad).

Obviously, AK in my hands doesn't worth nothing and here we are ...

I will call a day for now, get some rest and hope tomorrow the wind will blow away, otherwise ....
 
Old
Default
Thu May 26, 2011, 10:08 PM
(#19)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
the ATs hand
i don't think you really needed to shove that pre
you still had 8 BBs left and i say this because it's the "skill league" games
in a regular MTT i would shove here also and these things will happen
you can't win every hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Hand 2
I disagree with joker, it's not an all in
It's a fold or a 2 bet, you're in early position and still have a descent stack
therefore the late position as control
With 8 BB's in a non-PSO mtt, I'm personally shoving ATs UTG.

PSO, I'm letting that clock run down... and then folding.
 
Old
Default
Fri May 27, 2011, 07:02 AM
(#20)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
[26.05.2011 @15:00 (WET)]

Automatic all in with the 8s; because you are so short stacked you are going to get callers. The question is why did you get so short stacked so early? In both PSO and MTTs I am keeping my powder dry unless I hit a monster.

[26.05.2011 @18:00 (WET)]

You are already in positive points but all in with A,10 UTG is too reckless. It looks like a blind steal and you have to get 8 people to fold to take the blinds. I am either folding or min raising as suggested by the others.

[26.05.2011 @ 22:30 (WET)]

Similar position as the last time but you have AK. Initially I liked the 3X raise, but on second thoughts maybe a shove would have been better. The small blind shove by ballistic is probably a value play thinking that there must be at least a few Aces; not one I would recommend myself. You had to go all in and just got sucked out by the 10 kicker; it happens in Poker.

[27.05.2011 @ 01:00 (WET)]

I am folding the AK here. You might be short stacked and have the best hand pre but in PSO points make prizes. You are not far away from ITM and people will be falling like flies at other tables. You should be playing the clock to the maximum for the next five hands and go all in with 51$ on the last one. With the luck of the poker gods you just might pick up 1350 chips and be back in it.

The QK shove by UTG; was it another blind steal??? Or did he just get lucky???


I did not realise that there would be so many LOL

As far as I remember the MTT course has a section on the “Skill League” but if you keep following the advice that people are offering the results and points will come.


Cheers,

TC
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com