Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Multi-Table Sit & Go Learning Resources?

Old
Multi-Table Sit & Go Learning Resources? - Thu May 26, 2011, 11:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Hey guys,

I'm looking for good learning resources for sit & go's (specifically, multi-table sit & go's). If anyone knows some good readings, please let me know. Cash game material is pretty easy to find, as is STT material and to an extent MTT material. But detailed theoretical analysis of MTT's with a relatively small fixed number of entrants is much more hard to come by.

Old
Fri May 27, 2011, 01:51 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
I went through the same problem late last year for 45 mans and down.
What I found helped me was to write down every blind lvl how many people where left and what the average stack was.Did this for about 15 tourneys and added them up and divided them up to find the
closest range for each blind lvl.
This helped me learn when I did to pick it up and when I can sit back.
You are pretty much creating your own guide to how to beat these and after a bit of time you will be multi tabling these with no worries.

Would also note the regs since I find they will either be easy to exploit.
Write down their bet sizing preflop and what they show down and what the board looked like.
They like dry boards or wet boards to bluff and you will slowly find a hand range for them.
Rarely do they change up their styles once you have them pegged.
They will either nit up or widen their range after seeing you a lot and of course the notes will pay dividends.
To find out who the regs are,I would click on each player and see if they are playing other tables.
Anyone playing more than 6 was worth noting.Which brings up another point about having one of their other tables open,I find you can get a lot of timing tells figured out.
They tank or your table and call after they raise on another table that was also tanking,you can raise them a little wider knowing that the other table took precedence over your table.

Think a lot of what your are looking for can be found in 180 man guides and you just have to tweak it a little to fit 45 mans.

I came up blank mostly looking for info myself,so thats all I got..lol

Old
Fri May 27, 2011, 04:20 AM
(#3)
That's a great deal of info Cookies. Thanks for that. I might just start at the bottom with 9-man sit & go's and work my way up. My reasoning is, I can play them pretty cheap with low variance so the bankroll goes up consistently while practicing the basics of sit & go's (table selection, note-taking, short-stack play, etc.). As I get better and more comfortable with final table play, I can add a second table and then a third. I think that approach might be the best way for me to learn MTSNG's well.

I'm a little confused about how EV shoves work as tables get added, because I think ICM is the method generally used to calculate when a shove/call is good in single-table scenaros, but ICM calculations are less practical in multi-table scenarios. That's partially where I was going with the theory, and that's the part I've never seen addressed in a book. Since open shoving is such an important part of MTSNG's, it seems to me like there should be some sort of resource on that. I think if I study STT's for a bit, I might come across something.

Old
Sat May 28, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
this may not be exactly what you are looking for Panicky but give it a look.

http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/show...9209807&page=0

Old
Sat May 28, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#5)
That's a pretty interesting article, brkn. I think it's pretty helpful. I think the sit & go structure info is a bit dated, but the strategy is definitely worth reading. Thanks for the link.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com