Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Calling stations: my PSO nemesis

Old
Calling stations: my PSO nemesis - Fri May 27, 2011, 08:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This has happened in the PSO I am still playing but I had a similar experience in two earlier ones today.

No matter what tactic I try with these type of players they keep calling; if i raise they call, if I go all in they call, if i three or four barrel they call and every time they win.

I even feel this one had hit his trips but he did not even re-raise me, he just called. Now I just went all in on the sb against the bb with AK suited, he called with Q5 and hit his straight. I wanna cry

TC

Old
Sat May 28, 2011, 02:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Did you make the right play...yes. So don't be results oriented, you lost, but you made the right play. The only thing you can control is your decision, and in this case you made the right one.

Good luck!!

Old
calling stations - Sat May 28, 2011, 04:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
with calling stations theres nothing you can do,you made the right play knowing you had the better hand,remember 1thing players like this dont care for the game and to me theres know need to get upset if you played the hand correctley like you did

Old
Sat May 28, 2011, 07:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2007
Thanks Folks,

It is not the losing that hurts, well ok it hurts a bit; it is more that I still have not found a way to counteract this type of play.

And actually re-evaluating my play I could have checked the turn and definitely the river and reduced my losses. I knew he had a four as soon as it hit the river!!

The other alternative was to shove on the flop. He wouldn't have called an all in with low pair and a two outer flush and straight draws, would he???

TC

Old
hand values - Sat May 28, 2011, 08:01 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Top,

I'm no expert but I think he would have stayed in no matter what you did. Some peeps think they
have a good starting hand and that's it. Nothing gets them off it. To make matters worse he got a small piece on the flop. Everyone can tell you stories of a top pocket pair ( even if you hit your trips) being beat by another player playing small suited connectors and needing runner runner to win. Just bad luck... keep the faith and keep smiling after you say " OMFG" what just happened.

Old
Damned if U Do ..........Don't - Sat May 28, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
The C bet may have been a little light ...and percieved as a AK AQ*.......On this flop my 1st instinct would have been to price out the St8 draws .....I bet U were shocked to see the donks hand ?.....likely thinking it was like A-9 ,J-10 ......There is a ridiculous hand like this in every PSO I play.

* Though people calling raises (4-6) then calling ya down with bottom pair aren't likely putting you on anything.... I suspect that isn't even a part of their thought process.

PS... Good luck pricing out a Donk with a draw !!!!....if there were 3 to a suit after the turn and the donk held the ace of the suit U could bet a million into a 2 dollar pot and they'd still call.

Old
Sat May 28, 2011, 06:04 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
because its a freeroll and the villian here is no where to be found on the leader board hes calling right to the rivergl top F.M.

Old
Sat Jun 04, 2011, 10:13 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This has happened in the PSO I am still playing but I had a similar experience in two earlier ones today.

No matter what tactic I try with these type of players they keep calling; if i raise they call, if I go all in they call, if i three or four barrel they call and every time they win.

I even feel this one had hit his trips but he did not even re-raise me, he just called. Now I just went all in on the sb against the bb with AK suited, he called with Q5 and hit his straight. I wanna cry

TC
well honestly, as the US players are now gone and the remaining players are on average a lot worse than previous, you will get many calling stations like this. The other posters are right you can't be results orientated. You made the right play. However one thing I have changed in my game because of all the bad players on pokerstars these days is my Cbets and bets on each street are larger than what they used to be.

I think you are making some mistakes here. Flop: 150 bet into 350 pot. I think it should be 2/3 pot bet (I used to bet 1/2 to 3/4 - but now cause of donks I go 2/3 - 1). Yur bet is less than half. I think you should bet 225 - 275 here.

Turn, 675 pot. I bet 425 - 525 here. You want to make them pay more for when you win, If they gonna suck out they gonna suck out.

River: Jam I think.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com