Sat May 28, 2011, 09:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
yes theses are back to back touneys this one and my other post

Old
Sat May 28, 2011, 11:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Plaws you simply are going to have to learn to get MUCH MORE AGGRESSIVE in your betting.

Look,it's PSO,I get that. And players are going to overvalue all sorts of hands in PSO and with the point structure you have to be careful in exposing yourself early. Understood (if we Yanks ever get back on here then you can take a gander at my PSO results--pretty sure that I would be among the top handful of PSO'ers all-time in Points Per Game) but you can't play timid when you do decide to get involved in a hand.

Now by involved I don't mean peeking at cheap flops with holdings that could play big post flop (connectors,1-gappers,suited cards and small pairs). Hell if you can see cheap flops with these do it as often as possible when you don't have to expose yourself (for example coming in early position with them,most times you'll be forced to make a decision when someone late raises,etc...).

But when you have a premium hand I'm starting to see a pattern with you to not play it as such. This only invites trouble. Dude you're at Level IX here,if you aren't in positive points by then you're at least to where it's such a small negative score that it's essentially a wash anyway. At this point when you get a premium hand you should be making BOLD moves.

You're UTG and M2 (M is what you use to calculate you're pre-flop commitment decisions after the antes come out---400 BB,200 SB and 450 in antes= 1050 chips in the middle pre-flop,you have 2215 chips here. ANY pre-flop play to open by you should be one play and one play only. ALL-IN. If it's not a good enough hand to jam here pre-flop then it should be getting mucked.

Now,would the 1010 hand have folded if you jammed? Maybe,maybe not. But I am Damn sure of one thing--1010 in the SB after a shove from UTG doesn't look nearly as sexy as 1010 in the SB after a min-raise from UTG. You make that bet and I'm ranging you as AK,AQ or a mid-to-small pair. And I'm auto-shoving my 10101 against those hands in this spot. You jam there and JJ or better starts to be a concern if it's me holding those 10's.

Now some would say that this is an auto-shove for 1010 in the SB in this spot no matter if you jam or not. I don't agree with that for the simple reason that he just ate his turn on the blinds so the pressure is off for another rotation and he can fold here if he has you on a better pair.

But when you min-raise here you're making it easy for him to stay in the hand. Even if he just flats you here you're toast.

Always,always bet big when you're in this situation Plaws. Look if you were playing to try and get callers to potentially maximize this pot,well in a tournament situation with these blinds and antes and you're stack that's a bad play. If everyone folds here you just scooped a pot roughly equivalent to half your stack.

That is never a bad thing.

Remember,when you bet in poker you should always be trying to apply pressure unless you're *****d and trying to lead a fish down the primrose path of max chip extraction.

You applied no pressure to the 1010 hand here.

Old
Thumbs up
... thank you - Sun May 29, 2011, 06:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Plaws you simply are going to have to learn to get MUCH MORE AGGRESSIVE in your betting.

Look,it's PSO,I get that. And players are going to overvalue all sorts of hands in PSO and with the point structure you have to be careful in exposing yourself early. Understood (if we Yanks ever get back on here then you can take a gander at my PSO results--pretty sure that I would be among the top handful of PSO'ers all-time in Points Per Game) but you can't play timid when you do decide to get involved in a hand.

Now by involved I don't mean peeking at cheap flops with holdings that could play big post flop (connectors,1-gappers,suited cards and small pairs). Hell if you can see cheap flops with these do it as often as possible when you don't have to expose yourself (for example coming in early position with them,most times you'll be forced to make a decision when someone late raises,etc...).

But when you have a premium hand I'm starting to see a pattern with you to not play it as such. This only invites trouble. Dude you're at Level IX here,if you aren't in positive points by then you're at least to where it's such a small negative score that it's essentially a wash anyway. At this point when you get a premium hand you should be making BOLD moves.

You're UTG and M2 (M is what you use to calculate you're pre-flop commitment decisions after the antes come out---400 BB,200 SB and 450 in antes= 1050 chips in the middle pre-flop,you have 2215 chips here. ANY pre-flop play to open by you should be one play and one play only. ALL-IN. If it's not a good enough hand to jam here pre-flop then it should be getting mucked.

Now,would the 1010 hand have folded if you jammed? Maybe,maybe not. But I am Damn sure of one thing--1010 in the SB after a shove from UTG doesn't look nearly as sexy as 1010 in the SB after a min-raise from UTG. You make that bet and I'm ranging you as AK,AQ or a mid-to-small pair. And I'm auto-shoving my 10101 against those hands in this spot. You jam there and JJ or better starts to be a concern if it's me holding those 10's.

Now some would say that this is an auto-shove for 1010 in the SB in this spot no matter if you jam or not. I don't agree with that for the simple reason that he just ate his turn on the blinds so the pressure is off for another rotation and he can fold here if he has you on a better pair.

But when you min-raise here you're making it easy for him to stay in the hand. Even if he just flats you here you're toast.

Always,always bet big when you're in this situation Plaws. Look if you were playing to try and get callers to potentially maximize this pot,well in a tournament situation with these blinds and antes and you're stack that's a bad play. If everyone folds here you just scooped a pot roughly equivalent to half your stack.

That is never a bad thing.

Remember,when you bet in poker you should always be trying to apply pressure unless you're *****d and trying to lead a fish down the primrose path of max chip extraction.

You applied no pressure to the 1010 hand here.

Man... I sure miss getting this type of feedback from you Moxie. This helped me with a recent challenge I've been facing. Was nice to come here and find some good advice.

Hope all is well...

♥ MJ

Old
Sun May 29, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
thanks moxie ,and i hope to see the us back soon

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com