Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

rake/time collection&jackpot

Old
rake/time collection&jackpot - Thu Nov 07, 2002, 08:57 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I need some one to explain to me the whole rake/time charge and jackpot drop thing in regards to play and hand selection. I feel people put way too much emphasis on it. Are you supposed to change your play from on to the other? If there is a jackpot drop do you actually play any suited connector or any pocket pair because you might hit the bad beat? I play the same regardless and if it hits great if not oh well. Does the 5% of the pot actually affect whether or not you can beat the game? I mostly play between 2/4 to 6/8 and the only time I cant beat it is when I slip from my A game.

I’ve tried to understand this from the books I’ve read and ether it’s over me or just can’t penetrate my thick skull. It must have some importance, Ace makes sure to point out practice hand #4 is not rake but timed.

thanks for the help,
--Matt--

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com