Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

kk three strikes you out

Old
kk three strikes you out - Sat May 28, 2011, 11:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
i have not played k k well so here are what the ks did today oh three ks your out

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

tough weekend lots of minus points to many games just hanging on

Old
Sun May 29, 2011, 02:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
If you are not posting to ask a question about the play of your hand, or if you KNOW the answer to your question, then this really isnt the forum for these types of hands.

You post 3 hands, in all of which you got a big protion of your stack in as a clear "favorite", and then do not ask any specific questions about your play...

Seems to me these belong more in the bad beat forum if you are simply looking for sympathy.

Old
Sun May 29, 2011, 10:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
just looking at that 1st hand you have a raise then a re-raise, you re raise again, a call then BB shoves all in and initial re raiser re jams also with a call before it gets back to you, i would of let the kings go there, you have to have at least the initial raiser/re-shove player on aces the way he has played them (granted he had KK too) his play stunk of aces to me though, then you have to think that some one may have AJ+ suited, all in all i think i would of let the K's go in the 1st hand.

2nd hand i would of opened for more, maybe even open shoved.

3rd hand the guy with 22 is betting into you from the get go surely your q with K kicker is behind, he could of had KK, AA, AQ all of which are beating you,

i think it is just a case you got married to your hand paying no attention to the possible holdings of your opponents, a common mistake made by a lot of players here.

it still amazes me how many players will consider their 1 pr better than anything else out there and never stop to think about what the other player may potentially have or be representing, yes there will be times when you get it right and chips go in ahead there will also be times when you get it wrong, i would rather fold and wait for a better spot where i'm HU with opponent, whilst you have chips you are still in the game

all of the above is irrelevant if you are just playing for fun and not fussed about points and league standing, i only play the league to experiment different styles of play, points and standing don't make any difference to me although i do still try to play good poker, which is hard with players who do get married to their hands and refuse to hit the fold button.

just try to remember you can't win every hand and yes bad beats happen but you also deal out your share of bad beats

Old
Sun May 29, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
thanks ,i seem to hesitate with AA ,KK ,QQ,seems the last few matches,7 now ,the lower hands have been hitting,and yes if i had held on to the points level ,i mayhave shoved sooner,seems when i play and try to get to the points the game becomes long and i believe it should be fun,and trying to use stategy taught here. sorry the same questtion should have been did i play this right ? well kings are strong and i should have gone higher on my intial bet playing a tight can be tough and when the hands are not coming i make bad mistakes,that why i am asking .

Old
Sun May 29, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
seems when i play and try to get to the points the game becomes long
My favorite games are those STT turbo 6-max, where you just can't win unless you're willing to play with a VPIP of like 35%.

In contrast, the top players in POS seem to have a VPIP more like 10-15%. It's kind of a struggle for me to selectively not play ... and then yesterday I got bored and went off to make a pot of spaghetti sauce during PSO.

I do love the action, but I kind of feel like maybe there's benefit to learning to not play? I feel like I want to learn that so I at least have that ability in my arsenal if ever I want to use it.

I don't know ... I'll see how it goes

PS Also, there's the free money

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com