Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Fold to 3 barrel on the river

Old
Fold to 3 barrel on the river - Wed Jun 01, 2011, 10:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi all,

A hand from today.

Villain is very tight, haven't seen him play hardly any hands. So his LP raise has me immediately thinking decent hand.

With AJ I call. Flop pairs my A but I'm a little concerned about the kicker, he leads out for about 80% of pot. I call hoping to see if he slows down on the turn. Turn is another A, he fires again about 80%. I'm looking at 3 A's and now really concerned about my kicker but I can't lay down trip A's yet, I call.

On the river he fires to put me all in. At this point I figure there's only 1 hand I can beat which is at all a possibility and that's AT. Any other holding that I can beat I can't see him getting this far with it. Am I wrong? And should I have bugged out earlier and/or is the flush a real possibility and I should have hammered the turn?

Thanks

Last edited by OMGCBF; Wed Jun 01, 2011 at 10:53 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 01, 2011, 10:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
that's tough. One thing I'll do when I play, is that when I get a gut feeling on one, I'll go with it. If you think he's got you outkicked, then I'd maybe get out on the turn, but would probably see it to the river. They also could have had KQ/KJs and hit the flush on the river and been trying to push you off an A. If you see it to the river, you're in deep trouble either way (bigger kicker or flush)... unfortunately, you need to muck it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com