Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

PSO - Its not really a poker Skill league is it.

Old
PSO - Its not really a poker Skill league is it. - Thu Jun 02, 2011, 11:21 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
I realise this thread will probably get flamed - and that just makes it all the more sad.

I joined the league hoping I was going to get to improve my poker. From the tutorials I have gone through and the tests I have sat I think it has been a great success and I have really learnt a great deal. Sadly, that is not the same when it comes to the actual league poker play.

It seems that the Poker League is really all about position. I dont mean the best position you can get from playing the best poker you can - I mean the best position you can get purely by wasting as much time as you can from the first hand until the last.

In one test I did today I played on average 5 times as many hands as a player who was well up in last months league standings which begs the question - is it fair to be winning money in a poker league when you dont actually play poker?

I think the league system needs to be overhauled in some fashion. Getting there purely by virtue of being on a table of time wasters hardly makes the league standings a true reflection of what PSO is all about. Or am I being naive - should I start time wasting and expect that all the players on my table do the same?

I would really be interested in some comments on this. Is there a way we can balance things to the number of hands played? How about the occasional full game in hand-for-hand mode? Or is there some other way to balance the board so that time wasters do not benefit?

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Seems like I've seen this subject written about once or twice before.

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Sry - did take a look but didn't spot anything.

But if it is a recurring theme from new members to the PSO then there must be something in it.

Anyway - for the sake of re-inventing the wheel - it might be better to have this thread locked and/or deleted.

Old
?? - Thu Jun 02, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
lolo-- hay man- use the search feature- in this forum- type in -stalling-- and see how many posts come up !!!

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 02:43 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
* Closed *

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com