Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Welcome New Live Trainers!

Old
Welcome New Live Trainers! - Thu Jun 02, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I am excited to announce that 2 new Live Trainers will be coming on board for a trial run!

19honu62: Of course many of you know Chris already through his forum presence and his organization and running of the Cowboy’s Corral micro-stakes tournaments. Cowboy will be playing primarily micro-stakes 45-man sng’s, with some forays into micro-stake cash games and mtt’s as well.

ahar010: Andrew is not as well known at PSO as Cowboy, but I think he brings a lot to the table. After reviewing and discussing his application with him, I’m impressed with not only what he’s accomplished thus far in micro-stake sng play, but also with how he presents himself. Andrew will be playing primarily 90-man sng’s, also with forays into micro-stakes cash games and mtt’s.

I will be working with them both over the next couple weeks or so to get them set up on the trainer side and trained on the use of the training tool. Once they’re ready to go, we’ll launch with a couple live sessions as a trial run. Assuming all goes well and we’re happy on both ends, our intent is to continue from there with roughly 3 one-hour sessions/week for now.

Also note: Because the direction for these guys is to conduct 1 hour sessions, and their primary game of choice are 45 and 90 mans (which take more than 1 hour to win), some modifications to what you see from them will be in line. For example, one day Chris may run a live training with 2-4 of the 45 mans in progress at different stages, perhaps just focusing on one or perhaps taking you between the tables as hands come up. Games where they do go on to final table runs and/or wins, can be presented in a future live training via the replayer if necessary. So just keep in mind that when a live training is up on the clock, it’s up, but I’ll be working with these guys to keep the scheduling of what you’ll see fresh and fun for everyone, and in the event a session being covered for live training goes on to a strong finish after a class is over, we’ll make sure you don’t miss any of the good stuff.

Please join me in welcoming these guys to the Live Training arena.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by TheLangolier; Wed Feb 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM..

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Congrats to the two of you and look forward to the work.

One thing I have noticed about videos,especially live is that when the commentator has 4 tables going they are often not going into great detail and get lost in thought.
Just things I have noticed with the training sites and multi tabling and discussing are two seperate things.Hopefully it works out.

That said,I look forward to your videos and eventually watching as well.

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#3)
Thanks Dave,

I'm excited for the opportunity.

I'm looking forward to crushing some 90mans and talking poker with you all.

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Thanks Dave for the intro and for taking me on under your wing. I have been playing online for about 3 years now and have been trained by the likes of Chardrian, Glory2God, RedMarion, TheDeciever, Siberianex, Betzph, Dendee and Al Spath to mention a few.
My goal is to help people build a solid foundation in micro play. This will include but not limited to understanding playing in and out of position, starting hands, stack sizes and probably most importantly good bankroll management.
I am currently running a 1000 game grind of $.50 45mans and you can follow my progress in the forum. I just completed the same grind of a $.25 45 man for 45% roi and 25% itm and am currently close to those numbers through 200 games.
I am not a professional player but enjoy playing and reaching goals! I look forward to working with you!

Gidee Up!

Cowboy

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 04:08 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Yep, I've noticed that too Cookies and some trainers handle it better than others to be sure. The example scenario may or may not work, we'll see. Another thing they may do is, say, take you through the first hour of play one day (focus on early stage play). In another session they may focus on the 2nd hour of play, a decent way to do this is to fire up some tables a hour prior to the start of training, and then at the end of an hour they can select one to focus on for the live training. We'll play around with different ideas.

Dave

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Thanks Dave for the intro and for taking me on under your wing. I have been playing online for about 3 years now and have been trained by the likes of Chardrian, Glory2God, RedMarion, TheDeciever, Siberianex, Betzph, Dendee and Al Spath to mention a few.
My goal is to help people build a solid foundation in micro play. This will include but not limited to understanding playing in and out of position, starting hands, stack sizes and probably most importantly good bankroll management.
I am currently running a 1000 game grind of $.50 45mans and you can follow my progress in the forum. I just completed the same grind of a $.25 45 man for 45% roi and 25% itm and am currently close to those numbers through 200 games.
I am not a professional player but enjoy playing and reaching goals! I look forward to working with you!

Gidee Up!

Cowboy
very nice cowboy congrats

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Good luck guys be nice to hear some hometown accent from cowboy and that awesome New Zealander twang

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#8)
good luck to the new trainers

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Congrats and best wishes to both Chris and Andrew!

Ahar, I still have my eye on your 3 pinter!

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Congrats guys...please...no assless chaps in the replayer.

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Pretty much the reason why he got the job though Dan!

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 10:48 PM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2010
Live Training just keeps getting better.

A big thanks to Dave, and a cheery welcome to the nascent trainers!

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 01:44 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
This is exciting. Good luck with the training tool, guys. Dave made it angry a few weeks ago and it still hasn't forgiven him.

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 07:43 AM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
This is exciting. Good luck with the training tool, guys. Dave made it angry a few weeks ago and it still hasn't forgiven him.
lol. Actually the last few sessions it's run really smoothly. Before that it was pretty cranky though, I think it was just teething.

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 07:46 AM
(#15)
Since: Nov 2007
Congratulations guys

I would hope there will be some further recruits for min stake ring games.

TC

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#16)
Since: Feb 2011
congrats to both of you!!! i've been following chris's crushing of the SnGs. not too shabby at all to say the least. i'll know a little more about andrew's play after i kill him in panicky's study game tonight...lol (fingers crossed and lucky hat on...lol) and when the lil baby training tool throws a fit at you now and again, we'll have to see if you guys can beat dave's record of shuttin' her down and firin' her back up again.... i think it's about 1 1/2 mins.....lol j/k dave... as we all know dave is great at dumbin' complicated subects down a lil so all us pea brain folks can easily grasp the concepts. i look forward to hearin' "does that make sense" w/ an accent now and then...lol.. again, welcome, and hope it works out great for you two....and us....stack em high!! ....MT

Old
Sun Jun 05, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#17)
(Head Trainer)
I am excited to announce another Live Trainer coming on board!

Darkman61 will be joining our ranks. Having played against him a few times in the PSO High Rollers home game club, I know first hand Alan has game. He has solid stats in the Double or Nothing SnG's before Stars changed those out for Fifty50's, and since that change has moved into 27 man SnG's with good success. Alan will be focusing on the 27 man's initially, and will also do some micro-stakes cash games as well. I believe he'll make a fine addition to the Live Training program.

Old
Sun Jun 05, 2011, 09:03 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Congrats Dman take it easy on the poor blokes who might try to slag you

Old
Sun Jun 05, 2011, 09:39 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
Darkman is a nice addition.
Look forward to the 27 man videos.

Old
Sun Jun 05, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
if only they had 27 mans that fill up in less than 2 hours on my new site

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com