Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

JJ 3bet fold to 4bet. Bad squeeze?

Old
JJ 3bet fold to 4bet. Bad squeeze? - Thu Jun 02, 2011, 04:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011

4better was playing playing tight aggressive so my JJ didn't seem good enough to 5bet. Other caller was never going to call the bet I made at his range. I definitely think I folded correctly. I'm just wondering if I should have put more money in on the 3bet or maybe even just flat call it instead?

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 06:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
JJ is too strong to 3-bet-fold. If you're gonna fold to a 4-bet here you might as well have 85 suited. I think you should either call or fold. You're out of position so it might be difficult to play this hand postflop, especially if you're against a good player. JJ has a ton of equity against even a TAG open from middle position though, so folding is probably a mistake.

It's probably better to limit your squeezes to nuts or nothing type hands (AA, KK, AK, and trash especially suited) and to call with your good equity hands...since he's TAG and more likely to 4-bet or fold than to call.

Old
Thu Jun 02, 2011, 06:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If they were playing TAG they've most likely have a mid/upper pair, or AKs... either way, the best situation you are in is a coin flip... if you're not dominated.

I'd have preferred just calling their bet and seeing the flop. If you're going to raise, then you should be calling their re-raise with a big pkt pair.

Last edited by JWK24; Thu Jun 02, 2011 at 06:51 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 02:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
Thanks guys.

Didn't think I would get that answer but it makes sense when I think about it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com