Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Skill League Scoring

Old
Default
Skill League Scoring - Thu Jun 02, 2011, 08:28 PM
(#1)
jf70's Avatar
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 88
BronzeStar
I've only played a few days in the PSO league, and little longer in the German league (intellipoker.de) before that, but there's a few great calculators out there (props to Thanat0s666), and this page has been extremely useful, so I think I've got a fairly good idea. Here's the synopsis (details below): it strikes me that the scoring system at PSO is extremely poor.

First some broad details on how the scoring system in place right now works. I'm fairly certain it's a set of logarithm-based calculations, adjusted mildly for field size, strength, and the player's own score, with three categories: not in the money; in the money but not top 3; and top 3. For all intents and purposes, finishing 4th is the same as *just* finishing in the money; the final table means more or less nothing. And crucially, perhaps most crucially of all, finishing 1st once is worth less points than finishing in the money - just - three times.
This has some interesting consequences. It suggests playing a lot of tourneys is better than playing a few well, an argument that (after a fair amount of arguing) I must concede to. It suggests that arriving in the money, or close to it, consistently, is better than making a few final tables - even coming first a couple of times - and falling out early sometimes too. It suggests, above all, that good poker is not rewarded. Good mathematics is.

Poor is a subjective term. But let's take a look at the German league, where they publish the formulas (ours is "proprietary", but based on past data it's essentially easy to understand, and the few points either way are irrelevant).

Here you have the same logarithm-based formulas, I guess -- very flat at the beginning, and looking almost like a quadratic after the top 20%. The top 1/16th receive a bonus (small bump); the final table receive a more substantial one, peaking at a +50 points for first place. Here is their May skill league. The best players in their league are much further away from each other, and have many more points, even though they play a lot less tourneys in total (we run 6 every day!!) and I can attest to the skill of their players (which is, as far as I can tell, far greater than ours). Their top player is extremely good. He came first four times last month, out of a total of sixty tournaments. There are 5715 people in their league.*
But he also finished really low a few times (lost points 18 times out of 37 matches), which is the price you play for aggressive play. I don't know what's a true measure of skill - that can't be defined - but I do know that the really successful players in real life, the ones who make millions and keep making them every year, do not so fear to drop out early that they don't build their stacks.

*By the way, our top player for May didn't win any of the 145 tournaments he played in May.

In real poker the money is in the top 3 spots; every player should play to win, not to beat other people in the skill league through sheer consistency. Our skill league scoring should track the amount paid for each position. And it should reward risk-taking early, especially when that leads to an amazing four first places in a month, to a final score of 2173.

What do you guys think? Is this something that could be changed, and do you agree that it should be?

Sidenote - now that the US players are out, shouldn't the times be moved forwards? Who can play at 4 am in the morning in Europe?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg German Skill League.jpg (84.6 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by jf70; Thu Jun 02, 2011 at 08:39 PM..
 
Old
Default
?? - Thu Jun 02, 2011, 09:03 PM
(#2)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
I took a quick look and my best guess is that our scoring system works this way as there are 6 tournies per day- compared to 2 per day in the other- they seem to be losing same amount of points for early outs- yet getting huge scores for deep runs-- imho- if they adopted that system here- with 180 tournies per month- it would become even worse-- ! good pointing that out though and gl-- monk....
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 12:38 AM
(#3)
Thanat0s666's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 223
BronzeStar
I played for 3 months in the spanish league, that uses the same score system that in the german league, and now in this league from april, and I can say that this score system is better and maybe is the only system that works in a league of 6 tourneys per day. The reason is that when each position is important, the people play more tight, because maybe only doing time and folding you can win 20, 30 or 40 positions, in the spanish/german system maybe this is 5, 8 or 10 pts more, but here, if there are 600 entries and 63 places paid, it's almost the same be 63th that be 9th (final table), in the spanish/german system there are a lot of difference points between these positions, the people play more tight and the tourneys are very long, too long, to arrive at ITM positions in the PSO league you need around 150 minutes, in the spanish/german league you need around 210 minutes, is a lot of time. Here the tourneys last between 3,5 and 4 hours, there last more than 5 hours, sometines 5 hours 30 minutes or more.

Here the tourneys are fast, the first more important thing is don't subtract points or subtract a acceptable number of points, and finally go All In with good hands and win the sufficient chips to arrive at ITM. Arrived at ITM, the normal thing is play fast and go All In with any hand if you have few chips, is very difficult finish 4th, 3th, 2th or 1th, for this reason the people constantly go All In, and the eliminations are very fast. Are needed 90 minutes to don't subtract points, 120 minutes to add up a acceptable number of points, 150 minutes to arrive at ITM, 180 minutes to arrive at final table and 210 minutes to win the tourney. I think this times are more appropriate, a time ago I wrote a topic in the spanish forum about the excesive duration of the tourneys, but here I think the duration is very reasonable.

Finally, also I like the number of tourneys per day, in the spanish/german league only there are 2 tourneys per day, the luck factor is very important there, if you don't have good luck in the last 10 days, the most probable thing is that you will not win the league. For example, in february I was leader of the spanish league when only remained 7 days, but I had a lot of bad luck and finally finished 20th. Here if you play a lot of tourneys, if you lose it is not fault of the luck, but maybe the strategy, I think the best is play a lot of tourneys at the beginning of the month, arrive at 1950 pts and stop to play, the winner of march only played the first 14 days, for example.

The other advantage is that the good luck is not very important here, in the spanish league the first 10 positions always are different that the previous month, because in the last days only those who have luck ends in these positions. Here you always will have time to overcome points and to finish in the position where you deserve.

For this reasons, I think that the system of PSO league is very good and it is not necessary to change anything.

Greetings! =)

Last edited by Thanat0s666; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 12:42 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 01:46 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
The system could be changed to whatever,I dont really care to much about that as long as the monthly stays the same or gets even more top heavy.

I know this is not the intent of most people requesting time changes,but for me it feels very wrong to be doing this.Its my thinking and my thinking is far from the norm for most people so dont think all Canadians feel this way.
I have to question why you cant find another site to play on out of the I dont even know Euro sites that cater to your time zone.To make matters even worse a lot of you wanting the time change say
that we are being selfish but forget that you have individual PSOs in your Countries that we can not play in.
For many reasons I would not be one converting over to the European times if that ever happened.One its a kick in the American players faces,telling them that they have no chance of coming back which I think is not the case.
Two I prefer the tables to be mixed and since the Americans have left it has become obvious that I dont like the atmosphere at tables from time to time.Changing to European friendly time would give you better times but you would also see a major drop in non-Euro players.
I really dont think Pokerstars wants to do that,since then they would be fighting with a couple dozen Euro sites and losing out on the whole North,Central and South Americas.

These are my thoughts and not a slag on European players,I just dont want to play with one area of the globe,especially if I am not from there.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 05:59 AM
(#5)
0HighTimes0's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 840
what about NZ time, as i do regional s NZ/AUS time( NZ time we actually day ahead of EST Time, BACK TO FUTURE/PAST(LOL) and then i have to wait 6+ hrs to PSO league to start new day playing, and to play all 6 games (PSO) i have to stay up all night, then all day, with out sleep just to make league games, (and there's other games i like to play PS/Fulltilt etc) most time im so tired i just don't bother., I'm not complaining but its hard for NZ players to do, if I don't time/sleep management as im not pro yet to stay up all night/day, and have things to do during day.
and then i get donked by players sometimes( and some my calls wasn't great ones i can admit) that go in all hands, its funny as when first came on PS/PSO i was told i was donk when i had flush on flop, I thought DONK?ass was person that went allin with dead hand/cards, so what u call that? Muppet or just stupid, brain fatter?.
cookie he/They wasn't calling for time change just looking at scoring system
that's part of programing,application development cycle u look at ways to improve system/product.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 07:42 AM
(#6)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
Whilst agreeing with most of what you say Cookies, I would just point out that those European players who play in PSO forfeit the right to play in their own league as far as I am aware.

I did not play in the German league myself but certainly my experience from German freerolls is that playing A rag, K rag and even going all in with these hands is fairly common practice.

I think when I was in Intellipoker.de that this aggressive type of play was promoted although my German would not be good enough to state categorically that that was the case.

They have a show here now called "Der Ass" (The Ace) backed by Pokerstars and a German Pokerstar female Pro. The Ass would certainly be a much more appropriate title as the judging team are also advocating this type of play.

The best I have saw of this format was the Australian Series "The Pokerstar" with Joe Hachem and I believe his was the original idea. I am sure he is getting paid royalties for the German series but would probably have a fit if he actually saw how they have taken all the class out of the concept and the type of Loose Aggressive play that they are promoting. Entertainment value -5, good poker marketing and education -15.

I suppose it is a bit like Chinese restaurants who adapt their cuisine the world over to adapt to the local taste. I would also add that there are some really good German players online who mix their play well and know what they are doing.

Cheers,

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 07:44 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 08:18 AM
(#7)
jf70's Avatar
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 88
BronzeStar
Quite a few messages and most of them aren't really addressing the main points of my post... brief replies

Monkeyskunk4 - I guess, but you're assuming everybody can play every tournament, which is obviously not the case. Moreover you could add in a simple clause like only the top 10 or 20 tournaments count; that way, the league would measure skill, not purely volume.

Thanat0s666 - fair enough on the timing, although it's not really a good argument... it's the same as with the luck factor. you can obviously play extremely tight (and not real!!) poker and finish ITM in every real life tournament, like the WSOP, but that shouldn't be what you aim for, and hence it's not a true measure of skill, just of perseverance. The same with time: frankly, the longer a tournament is the less luck is an issue, and a more top-heavy scoring structure would also make stalling a much less equitable option, giving rise to real poker play. If you have the time to play all six tournaments a day you have the time to play one, well, even if it takes 20-30% longer than it used to...

IseeCookies & 0HighTimes0 - good points, I didn't really think about NZ and Canada. But as far as the Skill League is now, it caters mostly to the NA audience (who can probably play every single one) and much less to the others. Six tourneys would be much better spread if they were around the entire 24 hour period i.e. every 4 hours. Again, a top-heavy structure would mean people have to play less tournies but do better in them, which is really the point of poker.

topthecat - I played only a few weeks in the German league, but trust me, apart from the few donks who get knocked out really early (or build massive stacks and gradually hand them out to lucky players later on), they're tight. In fact they're much more tight than at PSO, mostly, I think, because of their courses and so on -- I made some pretty spectacular comebacks (up from 40 chips with 800/1600 blinds to win once) thanks to the amount you can win from blind-stealing. So I'd say the opposite is true... they're more likely to be too tight than too loose.
 
Old
Default
?? - Fri Jun 03, 2011, 08:27 AM
(#8)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Hey JF- i am NOT ASSUMING anything- really i am not- u are new - so i be gentle- this topic has been discussed ad naseum- more than that even- try using the search function in this forum- type in scoring-- and you will find over 1000 posts-- the- volume vs. quality debate has been done to death-

Many people play well over 120 tournies per month- more than you think- if they switched the scoring system to the other- the peeps able to play that many would have such an advantage- well it wouldnt be funny-- and before you say-- ok then limit the # of games each can play per day-- thats been done to death as well--

I was merely pointing out to you why the scoring system is the way it is-- next time- do your homework-- and gl-- monk...

You know what- screw being nice- i reread your post after my second cup of coffee- and you fail to see that the answers were given by those that have been here a long time were directly on point-- i explain--

The throttles in play are there to level the volume issue- (my answer)- if you counted only the top 10 or 20 results - think about it- that would reward volume to an even greater extent- the player in other league recieved 125 points for a 1st place finish- when his score was already above 2000--compared to 15-18 in ours-- if that were the case in here- i would play atc early and get a big stack or bust- as the point loss would be negligable in a risk reward scenario--

You discounted Thanats answer- with the same volume vs. quality argument- and although he has only been here a couple months- he has a great understanding of why this scoring system works--

As cookies pointed out- the PSO was re invented for the north central and south american market- why change that?

To discount Topthecats assertion that eastern euros are loose aggressive- by saying they are TAG- well thats just silly-- once again- i urge you to do your home work on the scoring system- read all the thousands of posts on this topc-- then re assert your position--! gl- monk..

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 08:44 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 09:01 AM
(#9)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
Hi jf,

May I ask you one question?

Why did you leave the Intellipoker German League to join this one?

I was advised by Pokerstar's support that I was only eligible to play on one and I moved because the language used is English.

Thanks

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 09:05 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 10:00 AM
(#10)
kiroman68's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
I want say firstly and before everything that I dn't like the actual structure of scoring for what concern the PSO Skill League leaderboard, so please don't take me wrong on what I m going to say.

Also, I would like specify that Im not think of myself as a pro or a good player and the fact that Im here on PSO mean only one thing, I want learn and learn more.

So, say that, I would like to point the fact that the actual PSO Skill League leaderboard use an innovative and latest system that make almost all the player on the same chances to win the League by penalize strongly that players that got and edge (are favourite over more basic knoweldge player) and that is a good thing as otherwise we will see almost the same players winnin every month the league or at least take all ther top position and prize.

So, and again, dont take me wrong and put me on the wrong side of the boat, Im not say that this is fair or right or what so ever. Every1 follow my posts know well how frustrate Im with the strucutre etc. but to be honest with you I think that this is the most fair and appropriate system for scoring points in the league as I feel that evry month I got a chance to be there on the top.

After, that Pokerstars doesn't love me and give always (no, almost is better ) the best hands to villian against me, well this is another matter that Im hoping that this great company like Pokerstars would considerate seriously and do something to induce the software to better distribuite the hole cards in a way that I will get alway (and this time I mean always ) the better hole cards to me and if I can make a suggestion I would like to say AA is prefer to any other hands.

I cannot have evrytime AA as it will be rigged? Well, I got a solution, give me AA any other hand with interval of KK and QQ. Please, dont mix it with JJ that Im struggle and lose most of the time.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 10:04 AM
(#11)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
Ok jf,

I have read what you have had to say in more detail and it is pretty much all subjective, your opinion nothing else. And the “solutions/improvements” (including the changing of times) that you are proposing all seem to be catering to the type of game you play.

I think rather than trying to change the landscape, (futilely, I might add) you should be adapting to the new landscape you find yourself in and committing yourself to playing at 2am and 4am if it is necessary. I have a full time job, friends and a social life and have played ungodly hours in order to participate, yet I played less than 50 PSO tournies in May.

I am a bit confused about the top player who played 60 tournaments but lost points 18 times out of 37 matches. Aggressive play that is just for the sake of aggression does not indicate a “top player”, and he must be playing some pretty bad hands in order to not score half the time.

There is a final factor here and it is common sense. I am not a PSO spokesman but to have the “top player” winning through just aggression would seem counter-productive. A lot of players who are at the beginning of their poker career would simply stop playing if they did not have an opportunity to win something.

PSO exists not just to improve member’s poker skills, it is also a business tool for Pokerstars who make their money through rake and they want this system to be as inclusive as possible. Maybe the marketing policy is different in other countries at this point but I would suggest that long term the likelihood is that the other sites will merge to the PSO format (mature markets US, UK and Canada) from the Intellipoker format (Spain, Germany etc etc).

In any case jf, I hope that you can use the experience to improve your game and make some friends along the way.

Good luck and LOL@ Kiroman,

TC
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 10:06 AM
(#12)
jf70's Avatar
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 88
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Hi jf,

May I ask you one question?

Why did you leave the Intellipoker German League to join this one?

I was advised by Pokerstar's support that I was only eligible to play on one and I moved because the language used is English.

Thanks

TC
Same reason you did I don't actually speak German, but registered a while ago for some promotion (thank god for google translate) and now that there was the other option of PSO, plus more tournaments and (seemingly) better promotions, I asked if I could be moved. Language doesn't really bother me come to think... to be honest, because of the scoring system, I wish I could move back. I'm on vacation but other than that I can't compete with all the retired folk playing every tourney (actually, I wonder who else has the time and inclination?? seriously. no offence meant).

monkeyskunk4 - it's kind of hard-- to read everything you-- write-- but anyways, just because a topic has been discussed before doesn't mean it shouldn't again, particularly when someone (me) disagrees completely with the conclusion that seems to have been reached. You say the limit the # of tourneys has been done to death? I say it's a valid point, all you have to do is limit the number of tournaments people can play. Max 1-2 a day, with the German scores, and you'd see a massive improvement in play.

Look at who's winning in the skill league -- (apparently) talentless, boring, stalling, over-tight (VPIPs of 10 or so) people with too much free time. You're favoured to win the Skill League if you: a) never raise preflop except with Aces or to steal blinds b) are in the right timezone/have no life and can play at weird hours c) prefer to be blinded out rather than have a chance to come first.

Obviously something about my post angers you, but trust me, a lot more things anger me. Why is it called a bloody skill league if skill plays absolutely no role in who wins it? PSO is giving out 17,500 dollars a month on a joke, and it's sad. It's really sad.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 10:07 AM
(#13)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
JF,

See reply above. Oh and I think you may have it completely lost it on the demography of the site.

If the style of play is so alien to what you're used to on Intellipoker.de then just request to go back and i am sure pokerstars will accommodate you.

However, I would suggest you do a google search on Intellipoker players on other poker forums who used to come with a little white star on their head (I found that quite funny and ironic by the way) and basically it was the mark of the fish.

Gl with whatever you decide.

And what angers me is your attitude that rather than change your style of play, you want to change everything to suit you, as well as the fact that you have no respect for the people or the forum you are now part of. I hope you can get back to the nice calm fishy water of Intellipoker soon.

Done here.

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 10:21 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 10:28 AM
(#14)
jf70's Avatar
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 88
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Ok jf,

I have read what you have had to say in more detail and it is pretty much all subjective, your opinion nothing else. And the “solutions/improvements” (including the changing of times) that you are proposing all seem to be catering to the type of game you play.

I think rather than trying to change the landscape, (futilely, I might add) you should be adapting to the new landscape you find yourself in and committing yourself to playing at 2am and 4am if it is necessary. I have a full time job, friends and a social life and have played ungodly hours in order to participate, yet I played less than 50 PSO tournies in May.

I am a bit confused about the top player who played 60 tournaments but lost points 18 times out of 37 matches. Aggressive play that is just for the sake of aggression does not indicate a “top player”, and he must be playing some pretty bad hands in order to not score half the time.

There is a final factor here and it is common sense. I am not a PSO spokesman but to have the “top player” winning through just aggression would seem counter-productive. A lot of players who are at the beginning of their poker career would simply stop playing if they did not have an opportunity to win something.

PSO exists not just to improve member’s poker skills, it is also a business tool for Pokerstars who make their money through rake and they want this system to be as inclusive as possible. Maybe the marketing policy is different in other countries at this point but I would suggest that long term the likelihood is that the other sites will merge to the PSO format (mature markets US, UK and Canada) from the Intellipoker format (Spain, Germany etc etc).

In any case jf, I hope that you can use the experience to improve your game and make some friends along the way.

Good luck and LOL@ Kiroman,

TC
My solutions/improvements are improvised; I came up with them at 4:00 am trying to transform a rant into a productive post. The real point is, the PSO scoring system is broken.

But my points aren't as subjective as you think. My playing style is founded on trying to win money, which is the point of poker. Take the Skill League out, increase the rewards per tourney so it would actually be worth playing -- how would people play? Think about it. Skill is subjective; winning, in poker, is not.

The guy lost points18 times out of 37. But 4 times out of 37 he came first place. Think about that in terms of cash rewards. Assuming only 500 people played each tourney (underestimation) and assuming he didn't cash any other times (underestimation) and assuming a buy-in of 1$ and 20% for first place, the guy would have paid 37 dollars to win 400. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what Skill means, here. At PSO that wouldn't be realistic, because nobody fights for first place, because it's not worth it. But what does "skill" measure if not the ability of a poker player to make as much money as possible?

You should check out the history of any top poker player in the world. They play hundreds of events, and they don't cash every single one of them. And obviously the PSO games have a higher element of luck, with higher blind/stack ratios and much faster moving blinds. But when real top players do cash they make it deep enough to reap the rewards, and that's the point of poker, that should be the true measure of a man's skill in the game.

As for the tail end of your argument, you're essentially saying I'm right, but the Skill League isn't really about skill at all. If so, then why did we have this whole debate so far? The German league's been running far longer than PSO's, and with far more success I might add. Their players are good for a reason. And if the whole point of this frankly ridiculous set-up is to make money from rake, then I honestly don't want to be a part of it. I'd rather play real money poker than scrounge my way into somebody else's rake.

In reply to your above post: you have moved past attempting logic to dismissing my claims as subjective to a simple ad hominem attack. You can be arrogant all you want, but before you call me a fish, play me heads up. And if you can't win an argument rationally, stop fighting it.

Last edited by jf70; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 10:31 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 10:33 AM
(#15)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
PSO was in existence long before Intellipoker, you just did not know about it and Intellipoker exists for exactly the same reason as PSO: to get people to play for money on Pokerstars.

That's all I am going to say.

I was going to respond to the other points but I just can't be arsed since you know it all anyway.

GL

TC
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#16)
jf70's Avatar
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 88
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
PSO was in existence long before Intellipoker, you just did not know about it and Intellipoker exists for exactly the same reason as PSO: to get people to play for money on Pokerstars.

That's all I am going to say.

I was going to respond to the other points but I just can't be arsed since you know it all anyway.

GL

TC
Check their about pages, and try to make an argument that doesn't depend on your not making an argument.
 
Old
Default
?? - Fri Jun 03, 2011, 11:16 AM
(#17)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Look at who's winning in the skill league -- (apparently) talentless, boring, stalling, over-tight (VPIPs of 10 or so) people with too much free time. You're favoured to win the Skill League if you: a) never raise preflop except with Aces or to steal blinds b) are in the right timezone/have no life and can play at weird hours c) prefer to be blinded out rather than have a chance to come first.

Read more: Skill League Scoring - Page 2 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1OE5f7YpK

Pretty bold statement from some one who just joined--get ure butt in the top 98 repeatedly like a few that contribute in here- and then talk-- I was gonna answer you constructively- till i read the above-- good luck in all that you do-- monk...
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 11:21 AM
(#18)
jf70's Avatar
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 88
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
Look at who's winning in the skill league -- (apparently) talentless, boring, stalling, over-tight (VPIPs of 10 or so) people with too much free time. You're favoured to win the Skill League if you: a) never raise preflop except with Aces or to steal blinds b) are in the right timezone/have no life and can play at weird hours c) prefer to be blinded out rather than have a chance to come first.

Read more: Skill League Scoring - Page 2 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1OE5f7YpK

Pretty bold statement from some one who just joined--get ure butt in the top 98 repeatedly like a few that contribute in here- and then talk-- I was gonna answer you constructively- till i read the above-- good luck in all that you do-- monk...
I've spent the past few posts arguing the skill league as it is scored is meaningless, and now you ask me to get into the top of it? I haven't looked at the results of everyone who plays and does well, but yes, as far as I have seen it, it's placing ITM in most tourneys that wins you points, not placing deep but risking an early end.
If you want to go back to ad hominem attacks on my poker skills, do it with some evidence and play me heads up. But don't use the Skill League (on the 3rd day of the month) to suggest that I don't know what I'm doing.
 
Old
Default
?? - Fri Jun 03, 2011, 11:40 AM
(#19)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
I did not attack your skills-havent opr-d u or anything--- and HU without playing atleast 50k hands- is so hi variance- why would you suggest such a thing- i merely pointed out that your arguments to change the scoring system -are with out merit--as you will realize - if you did your homework-again gl--------- monk..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#20)
jf70's Avatar
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 88
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
I did not attack your skills-havent opr-d u or anything--- and HU without playing atleast 50k hands- is so hi variance- why would you suggest such a thing- i merely pointed out that your arguments to change the scoring system -are with out merit--as you will realize - if you did your homework-again gl--------- monk..
You haven't pointed out anything about my arguments yet. Also, you played four pages worth of PSO tournies last month and came 474. Ever heard of glass houses?
Also, minimum 50K hands for heads up? That's pathetic and you know it, but if you want to play 50K hands, I'm ready for it.

Last edited by jf70; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 11:52 AM..
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com