Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

10NL 6-Max - 3-Way Pot, Flopped Top Pair & Flush Draw, How's My Line?

Old
10NL 6-Max - 3-Way Pot, Flopped Top Pair & Flush Draw, How's My Line? - Fri Jun 03, 2011, 02:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
How's my line here? yubin is loose/semi-aggressive, running 32/18. He limped under the gun and raised all-in over my isolation bet last orbit. He's not a typical loose/passive fish, but he's not good either, and I'm having a hard time getting a read on him. Littleko is a multitabling regular, running 19/12, who seems to be a solid player. I'm running really loose, around 40/30, and I think that Littleko almost certainly has a HUD running that would show that, but yubin very likely does not.

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 08:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think you need to be betting the flop. Yes, there are 3 hearts, but you gotta find out where you're at.... and not let them draw for free at a 4th heart (that hits). When the 4th heart hits, you are more than likely in deep trouble only holding the 2.

I'd have made a continuation bet with top pair... then slowed down on the turn/river when the 4th heart hits (continuation bet may get a lone heart to drop, but it's your only way to maybe get one to fold... which they won't do after the 4th hits the board).

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#3)
I didn't bet the flop because one of these guys had limp/raised me before, and the other had checkraised me at least once. The chance of at least one of them having at least one heart were 58.62% (according to the following equation, assuming my math is right).

[(38/47)(37/46)(36/45)(9/44)+(38/47)(37/46)(9/45)(1)+(38/47)(9/46)(1)(1)+(9/47)(1)(1)(1)]*100%

Up until this point, I had had five opportunities to c-bet, and I had c-bet every time. I forgot to mention that in my OP. I figured that I'd never get called by worse on this flop, and I'd get checkraised by flush draws and two pair or better. Given that my equity on the flop is little better than a coinflip against my opponent's checkraising ranges, I decided that waiting to bet until a non-heart turn came would be prudent, because I didn't want to build a big pot without a hand that I could commit to. When the heart came on the turn, a decided to fold to a bet, but when I was checked to, I checked behind in hopes of hitting a straight flush on the river. I think my river fold speaks for itself.

I think c-betting this flop could be good, but I didn't like it here at all, because I'd just be asking to get checkraised, and I'd have a hard time calling with only the deuce of hearts. I can't commit to putting chips in the pot with a deuce-high flush, thinking that it's good, so I think my line is fine. What does everyone else think? I'm still not positive about this one.

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 06:25 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
if they had a pattern of check-raising you, then I agree.... because as you said, you can't call it with just a 2.

Old
Fri Jun 03, 2011, 06:38 PM
(#5)
I wouldn't call it a pattern due to a small amound of empirical data, just a capacity to do it because I'd seen them do it before. The flop check is the tricky part of this hand, I think, because arguements could be made to c-bet it or check it back.

Old
?? - Fri Jun 03, 2011, 06:54 PM
(#6)
Against 2- dont you have to cbet- get atleast 1 out and re evaluate on turn- nasty card- still think i call that river bet tho- looked a lil fishy 2 me--

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com