Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Trips! Need Help!

Old
Trips! Need Help! - Sun Jun 05, 2011, 10:05 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
9 out of 10 ten times I hit a set with a mid to low pair and play it strong on an uncoordinated board I will lose to runner runner and I'm almost inclined to just muck any small to mid pair I get.
The one time they hold up I will go on to make the final table.

Anybody else have a similar problem or suggestions?

Old
Sun Jun 05, 2011, 11:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Well if i get a set, which is much better disguised than trips, I am always wary of suited connectors, gap connectors and two outer straight and flush draws.

Having said that I play them aggressively though to try and induce action or get rid of looser players. If I happen to get sucked out by runner, runner, I have to accept it but console myself that I played the hand correctly. 9 out of 10 ten times sounds pretty high but if your table image is loose, you may be attracting more action and off course then the chances of being sucked out increases.

If you tighten up a bit, then you will not get as many callers if you make a raise, they will credit you with having a hand which you can use to your advantage in other scenarios as well.

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com