Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

been playing for a month lost £10 any advice

Old
Question
been playing for a month lost £10 any advice - Sun Jun 05, 2011, 06:25 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
hello iv played hold em for a month lost £10 any advice on how to get better and is it best to play sng or cash games. is there any books good for a begginer i no the lil more than jus basics?

Old
Sun Jun 05, 2011, 11:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
stop loosing

seriously... take in the live training, or watch the videos, loosing 10 isnt so bad. Try some of the micro stakes and study and ask lots of questions

Old
Sun Jun 05, 2011, 11:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
As posed your question is too broad to effectively answer. Poker is a situational game, so to improve you must examine the situations that give you problems. This requires a frank look at the decisions you make and can be quite daunting to the beginner.

Roomik's advice is a good place to start. In addition to those familiarize yourself with the Hand Analysis forum. It is a great place to learn.

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 10:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome Will.
There's a lot of great people here, so don't hesitate to ask questions.
Take the others' advice here, and along with that, learn the lessons on bankroll management while you start out at the small stakes.
Best o' luck!

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Will,

If you are going to play the PSO league, I can help you with tactics and strategy. I am not a great MTT or SNG player but I do reasonably well on the min cash side, so I could give you some ideas there as well.

There is as Dan says a lot of people who are happy to help and a huge amount of resource on the site itself in terms of live training, live training videos and a bunch of courses, articles and so on. Some of the best stuff is in the Library if you take the time to look for it.

If you absorb all of the information and apply it, your bankroll will soon grow. If you are interested send me a PM and I will give you all the help I can.

Cheers,

TC

Old
hey - Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
hello thanks for advice weres the best place to learn about bankroll managment ?

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:25 PM
(#7)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Limits-Part-1

This might be a good place to start

TC

Old
lol - Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:26 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
iv played well a few time in multi table but when people go all in i back of a lose my chance lol then i wait for a good anuf hand and win but not anuf to win back wat i lost from the blinds lol :S getting there very slowly cheers for the advice

Old
hey - Wed Jun 08, 2011, 11:45 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
hey the video on the web link only series 1 works but there rest dont for sum reason :S

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#10)
I had the same problem too. I will email support later and hopefully they can sort it out.

TC

Old
hey - Thu Jun 09, 2011, 12:27 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
ok mate cheers. jw if you can get on it yet lol cheers

Old
Thu Jun 09, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
cheers mate jw if you can get onn in yet
cheers

Old
Thu Jun 09, 2011, 03:44 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by will.hare20 View Post
hello iv played hold em for a month lost £10 any advice on how to get better and is it best to play sng or cash games. is there any books good for a begginer i no the lil more than jus basics?
Dont Deposit No More, You Will Get Screwed, Mark My Words

Old
lol - Thu Jun 09, 2011, 05:07 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
why will i?

Old
Fri Jun 10, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
hi one of the areas a few new players tend to go wrong ( i was the same ) is bankroll manage ment so if you dont mind me asking what buyin levels were you playing ?

variance can be a huge factor in losing a bankroll if you do not have a substantial bankroll to ride out the varience of both up and down swings it will be hard to be sucessfull personaly i would recomend a 2% buyin rule for a experianced online player and a 1% buyin rull for a inexperianced online player

also while i have been looking through these forums i have seen a lot of highly experianced players who im sure can offer advice all different elements of online poker , if you want any advice on any specific areas feel free to send me a pm

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com