Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

drainers

Old
drainers - Mon Jun 06, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
sorry this is just a lil rant.... I played on a table with a guy who finished top 10 last month and he had no skill what so ever and just drained his stake down to 10$ and was ante'd out.

That aint poker.... this is a skill league and playin .5% of your hands and watching ur stack get blinded down aint a skill. Just trying to finish as high as you can just so you can get a money reward at the end of the month? That shitty playing style wont do crap for you outside of PSO.

Using your clock up is one thing... but draining your stack down to 10$ is just dumb and you'd NEVER see it in a tourney outside the PSO.

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Congratulations... you created the 1,000,000th post on the same topic.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 01:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
I am the player in question and I guess I'm dumb, for playing like that. Rather than being offended I find this amusing.

If you don't get how this league works, DeViLBoY, I won't bother to explain it to you. I'll just take my money reward at the end of the month and let you play for the glory of the game.
Cheers!

Old
?? - Mon Jun 06, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Using your clock up is one thing... but draining your stack down to 10$ is just dumb and you'd NEVER see it in a tourney outside the PSO.

Read more: drainers - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1OWFPCm00

Yet-- it IS the PSO--------------hhhmmmmm................

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
I am the player in question and I guess I'm dumb, for playing like that. Rather than being offended I find this amusing.

If you don't get how this league works, DeViLBoY, I won't bother to explain it to you. I'll just take my money reward at the end of the month and let you play for the glory of the game.
Cheers!

WELL SAID

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 01:57 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dR3am3R59 View Post

Cheers!
I dont need the money... all I know is I was on your table and you were out long before me...

I dont see any difference between you and a donkey. Somebody gets called a donkey for pushing in bad situations so shouldnt u be called a donk for folding in bad situations? Like when you have 500 chips left and the BB was 200 and you folded?

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
this post wasnt to start a argument with you Dr3am3r... theres a reason I didnt put your name on there. You were on my table with me in my first PSO tourney and gave me some tips and all so I got no problem with you... I was making this post as a rant against drainers in general...

Just seems like a cheesy way to build a bankroll IMO.

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:07 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post

Read more: drainers - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1OWFPCm00

Yet-- it IS the PSO--------------hhhmmmmm................
why do you always put links to the topic you are responding to in your posts? and isnt it obvious that PSO and real world poker are not the same?

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
why do you always put links to the topic you are responding to in your posts? and isnt it obvious that PSO and real world poker are not the same?
It's because he's not quoting using the "quote" button.

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:27 PM
(#10)
Here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.jpg (4.0 KB, 9 views)

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 02:45 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
It's because he's not quoting using the "quote" button.
interesting

Old
?? - Mon Jun 06, 2011, 03:03 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
why do you always put links to the topic you are responding to in your posts? And isnt it obvious that pso and real world poker are not the same?

huh?????????????????????:d:d:d:d:d:d

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
I too use clocking tactics but the way I see it is poker is a form of gambling and something I learned in my short-lived time in exchange betting you have to use every edge possible.

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 03:08 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
huh?????????????????????:d:d:d:d:d:d
was agreeing with you about the pso, and it being dumb in real games

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLBoY452 View Post
sorry this is just a lil rant.... I played on a table with a guy who finished top 10 last month and he had no skill what so ever and just drained his stake down to 10$ and was ante'd out.

That aint poker.... this is a skill league and playin .5% of your hands and watching ur stack get blinded down aint a skill. Just trying to finish as high as you can just so you can get a money reward at the end of the month? That shitty playing style wont do crap for you outside of PSO.

The good players adapt to what is profitable There is one consistent top ten player (wont use names) that does this. However when you watch him in real $ tournies he is often LAG style. Does well in both. Don't hate on them cuz they are smart enough to play for the cash.

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2007
I am sure I know who you mean

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2010
sounds like someones jealous dream ..F.M

Old
Mon Jun 06, 2011, 08:51 PM
(#18)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLBoY452 View Post
Just seems like a cheesy way to build a bankroll IMO.
Maximizing value = good poker.

Cheesy = playing in a way that doesn't maximize value, and calling out others who maximize value better than you do.

Is the "style" dreams is using going to win the freeroll tournaments? No, it hinders those chances. Is it going to win real $ tournaments? No, not unless he gets really lucky. Is it going to give him the best chance for a high finish in the monthly league ranking? Yes, if he's doing it optimally.

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 02:45 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
The good players adapt to what is profitable There is one consistent top ten player (wont use names) that does this. However when you watch him in real $ tournies he is often LAG style. Does well in both. Don't hate on them cuz they are smart enough to play for the cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Maximizing value = good poker.

Cheesy = playing in a way that doesn't maximize value, and calling out others who maximize value better than you do.

Is the "style" dreams is using going to win the freeroll tournaments? No, it hinders those chances. Is it going to win real $ tournaments? No, not unless he gets really lucky. Is it going to give him the best chance for a high finish in the monthly league ranking? Yes, if he's doing it optimally.

+1 to both of these...

It's called adaptability,being able to deduce what are the +/- EV situations and plays in a given situation. They are not always the same in PSO as they are in cash MTT's or even other freerolls for that matter. Not even close. I wouldn't be so quick to surmise that what one does (or doesn't do) in PSO means that they comport themselves in the same manner in a cash game.

Stalling,draining grinding the clock to a nub--whatever you want to call it WORKS in PSO at times. Knowing when those times are and taking advantage of them is what gets you paid in this league as much as anything else.

Those that recognize this didn't make the rules,but they are smart enough to take the rules as they are and use them to their best advantage.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Tue Jun 07, 2011 at 03:13 AM..

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 04:41 AM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2010
Donks running the clock down, waiting for other players to lose so u can get a better finish if ur down to 5 BB, making that 30%, 20% when u get to 1750pts, just bloody donkey playing. I agree i play like that here at the skill league note me as a donk and see ya at the tables LOL gl all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com