Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Attention all Hotmail users

Old
Attention all Hotmail users - Tue Jun 07, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Simple question. Are you having trouble getting the replayer to work with the hands that are emailed to you ?

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 09:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Simple question. Are you having trouble getting the replayer to work with the hands that are emailed to you ?
Gave the replayer a try back when it was first introduced. Something didn't work right, and I never gave it a second thought. Plenty of other ways to display a hand.

Threads with the hand replayer tend to freeze up my computer when I read them, so mark me down as not a fan.

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 09:52 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
And your email's with Hotmail ?

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Yes.

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Okay. I'll wait for a few more responses but I'm becoming convinced that this is the problem.

Thanks.

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 10:17 PM
(#6)
There was something about it in the two posts in which pso-staff replied about your replayer issue.
I don't think it was from staff, but another user exclaimed that when he did the replayer from an email hh, it had errors, but when he did it from the hh available at the table, it worked fine.
I tried to help ya' out, and ya' got a response.
Did ya' see it?
BTW, how'd you edit that post here w/o an edit line? Connections now huh?

Old
Tue Jun 07, 2011, 10:50 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
It's always worked fine if taken from the table Dan. It's the emailed history that fails to work. PokeGod185 has the same problem and he's a Hotmail user as well.

I'm trying to go back to admin with the answer, not the problem

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 05:01 AM
(#8)
Works fine on my Coldmail...:P

Old
reply. - Wed Jun 08, 2011, 06:25 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
hey dm, I have used the replayer since, but yes, I too believe that it has something to do with the way hotmail makes our mail visable, the only time I've had success with replayer was through instant hand history.

If need be, you can get the tourney info from the hotmail, and go in to Pokerstars, and find your hand history for a particular tourney, that's how I've been doing it as of late.

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 07:34 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2011
since we talked about this on the tables dm i have been having a play around with it.
like i said to you if i take the history from the table it works but not from the email.
however, if i copy and paste the emailled hand history into notebook, then sort it into the proper way instead of continuous text, then copy and paste each hand into the replayer it works fine.
obviously though this is still not ideal as if you have a few hands to do it will take ages to sort them out in notebook.
there does seem to be quite a large number of hotmail users having this problem. would be nice to know if anyione using hotmail HAS GOT it to work. then they maybe could shed some light into it as to how they did it

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 07:36 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
here's my two cents... if your havin' trouble w/ hotmail, just set up an account on yahoo, or gmail(google) to use espressly for poker.. takes about 3 minutes to set up and your issues disappear. ...just a thought... gl ...stack em high!! MT

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 05:52 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
It's always worked fine if taken from the table Dan. It's the emailed history that fails to work. PokeGod185 has the same problem and he's a Hotmail user as well.

I'm trying to go back to admin with the answer, not the problem
Hey Darkman did you manage to get this sorted ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com