Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

TT: max value?

Old
TT: max value? - Fri Jun 10, 2011, 10:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
Im not sure about this hand. I would like know if I should play this hand any different to get max value out the opponents

TY

Old
Fri Jun 10, 2011, 11:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
BronzeStar
I think you should raise bigger on the turn. You raise 400 when one bet 117 and 3 people call. A raise between 500-600 should be better but you pay to much of your stack than.So you should go all-in so you get max value if they call. After that I think you played well but you should raise bigger and go all-in because otherwise you would lose too much chips.

Old
Fri Jun 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
There are alot of straight draws and a flush draw from the turn. When you pushed the turn, you took down the pot... BUT... if you bet less to keep everyone else in, you could easily be outdrawn on the river. I think you got just about the max you could... without risking your chips by letting them get to a better hand than you have.

Old
Fri Jun 10, 2011, 11:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
There are alot of straight draws and a flush draw from the turn. When you pushed the turn, you took down the pot... BUT... if you bet less to keep everyone else in, you could easily be outdrawn on the river. I think you got just about the max you could... without risking your chips by letting them get to a better hand than you have.
But you can play the draws away by going all-in so never rasie so small with draws on the board. You always have to pay atention to draws. If the flop was AT4 rainbow for example you could also slow play because you get value of the aces and the bluffs. But with so many draws you have to make sure you only play against one or make it as expensive as possible.

in my opinion

Old
Fri Jun 10, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I like how you played it. Love the limp preflop, and I like how you didn't just blindly shove the flop when you hit top set. After all, you want to get value, not scare everyone off.

Betting 930 into a 1542 pot is hardly "pushing the turn." It's less than a 2/3 pot bet which is very very standard. Guess they don't feel like stacking off on their pocket pairs/A high hands/middle pairs/75. That Q is pretty scary as now both 97 and J9 have a straight. They're probably giving up on their 87, 98, and 76 pair + gutshot hands as well.

Nothing you could do would get these guys to pay you off here. Lots of terrible cards could come on the river too.

Also man that short stack played it badly.

Old
?? - Fri Jun 10, 2011, 05:42 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
pso- aside- to get max value from 10 10 -- on the button-- imo- u have to raise - preflop- especially with 2 limpers--------------

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com