Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

two pair vs flush draw

Old
two pair vs flush draw - Sun Jun 12, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
hi..
A9 two pair VS flush draw on the flop .. how should it be played..

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 09:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
That's a difficult one to explain but if you are the two pair and you suspect someone is on a flush draw you can take the risky route of a half pot raise and try to get you're opponent to call away some chips. But if the flush card comes and you suspect he has the flush you're in trouble (a check will make him bet as a bluff even if he hasn't hit and a raise means he could re-raise you with a flush)

The other option is to bet rather heavy, e.g. bet the pot on the flop and the turn. If he calls both you may have to re-evaluate what hand he could have.

If you are the one with the flush draw you look at how much the other guy has raised, the percentage chance of you hitting (I believe it would be around 30%-40%) and the percentage you are going to have to call in regards to the pot. There is a lesson somewhere on the PSO website about pot odds.

Check this link. It's not the lesson but it'll be very useful for calculating what to do in those situations.

Hope that helps.

-Ta5te It

Ps. I am not the best of poker players so if someone else tells you otherwise they may be right. I do not want to say what I think about pot odds because I may be wrong so research that bit yourself.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com