Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

What do u think ? (sleepyolman)

Old
What do u think ? (sleepyolman) - Sun Jun 12, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Sun Jun 12, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Checking preflop is fine, I think. I would have shoved right away on the flop, though. When you check here, you're risking getting no action and you're letting hands like club draws take the option to see a free turn. Also, when you checkraise the flop, you're pricing people in to call, so you're not profiting much from the mistakes of your opponents. Shoving on the flop keeps things simple and straightforward, and it's definitely not a losing play. I think that usually, if there's a straightforward approach and a tricky approach, and both are profitable, its usually the straightforward one that will win you the most chips long-term.

Old
thanks - Sun Jun 12, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
well, i wanted to sniff out a possible stronger hand b4 i was in too deep as i still could have folded and gone further in the tourny and lost less points OR, gone to itm
As no one bet more than 200, i figured i was good to go and shipped.
Will try the direct approach more in the future(maybe)

Old
Sun Jun 12, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Super snap shove flop. You have two pair and 4 BBs. Can't hope for a better spot than that.

Old
/// - Sun Jun 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
7 words- never go broke on an unraised pot- yet imma goin broke here as well-- gl sleepy-- ya grumpyolman--

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com