Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

playing tight and loosing!!!!

Old
playing tight and loosing!!!! - Mon Jun 13, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
i passed the sng quiz and started playing tight as the course suggested..
after that all i manage to achieve in pso skill league tourneys is to get busted allin with KKs, AAs, after reaching half of the tourney short stacked..
what to do?

and one more thing .. when im short stacked i get JJ , QQ adn I allin then one has AA and i get busted.. dont know what to do..

Last edited by godofcricket; Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 04:31 PM..

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 04:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
its called variance, it will swing your way soon enough As long as you get your money in good be happy, dont worry about results... the last few days have been cruel to me too, costing me loads of $.. just shrug it off and keep playing tight

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
I agree with roomik17 - sometimes you can make all the right moves and still lose. Also, like roomik, I have just had a run of terrible games but then I managed to top it off yesterday with a 4th place finish after being down to 400 chips at the mid point.

If your basic strategy is correct it will start to pay-off eventually. If nothing else you should hopefully be seeing longer runs in other competitions if you are applying what you have learnt.

Personally I am finding my survival odds have shifted from early-mid to mid-late knockouts and my ROI this year so far is in the plus for once.

Just keep applying what you have learnt - enhancing it to your own playstyle and - eventually - it will all come together for you I am sure. Just hang in there and keep the faith in your own abilities.

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 05:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Its worth remembering that no matter how much you study, look at odds and other math that, once the hole cards have been dealt...

Anything can happen in the next 5 cards, and often does.

(For what its worth I got busted on two money tables within an hour: on each occasion I had a Full House and got busted by Quads. Twice within an hour. S*** happens but that is poker and I would not change a thing )

PSO league is a great place to experiment with your game (as my recent standing will show - I am at present trying a different approach and enjoying myself imensely but not getting the positive points as much; which does not matter since I am not active and therefore the pressure to play for a point finish is not there. However, I do take what I learn here to money tables.)

MB

Old
... - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 11:15 AM
(#5)
Well buddy on stars you will learn fast that premium pairs on pokerstars are worth nothing 70 percent of the time, forgot about reading poker books, taking advice, variance because none of it is viable on pokerstars your playing the system not the players, play good poker you lose, simple, play bad poker you win. fact of pokerstars.

mafia

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:21 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiltonMafia View Post
Well buddy on stars you will learn fast that premium pairs on pokerstars are worth nothing 70 percent of the time, forgot about reading poker books, taking advice, variance because none of it is viable on pokerstars your playing the system not the players, play good poker you lose, simple, play bad poker you win. fact of pokerstars.

mafia
Got any proof?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
... - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
Got any proof?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Your american you cant play , such a shame. now go away and live your life yank

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:51 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiltonMafia View Post
Your american you cant play , such a shame. now go away and live your life yank
How does that prove that Pokerstars is rigged?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
... - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
How does that prove that Pokerstars is rigged?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
LOL awww you must be so bored bless you. keep playing the forums u cant play anything else.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com