Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Time bank?

Old
Time bank? - Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:26 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hello all, first post here.

First thing I would like to do is thank Blee013 for dragging my sorry butt out of the play money ranks and pointing me towards the league, and more.

Many thanks Blee!

On to my question,

I had used my time bank while short stacked and admittedly, begging. I used 7 seconds of the bank. Now, very short stacked, I beg again. I have A J c with no chips and intend on using the majority of the remaining bank. Had typed in gg all gl in the chat.

To be brief, the bank did not activate this time and my hand was folded.

Please, I realize I was begging, but why did the bank which showed 23 seconds not activate??

I do need to know this for the future.

Thanks and good luck gang. Enjoying my time here!!

I do have a screen shot of this, but seem to be unable to post the pic.

Dale

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think that if the poker table is not the window that's 'selected' by your computer (shut up, I don't know computers...), then the time bank doesn't activate. If you're not even at the table, but you're not sitting out, then you'll get the first countdown, but your bank won't activate. If you're doing something else on your comp, like browsing the internet, then the poker software might just assume that you're not present at the table.

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
ok. first, you can use the time bank as you see fit.
However, you cannot beg... that's considered collusion and you can be reprimanded for it or thrown off the site.

When it did not activate, did you click on the time button? If you don't click on it, it won't always activate... especially if there are no antes. The safe way, is to always click on it.

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:39 PM
(#4)
JWK is referring to begging other players to help you (i.e. by begging them to use their time banks to help you as well), in case that's what you meant.

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:42 PM
(#5)
By begging, I meant begging for some time and hope others bust out before me. No begging in chat, or any other type of collusion. My apologies if I was not clear.

Dale

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
By begging, I meant begging for some time and hope others bust out before me. No begging in chat, or any other type of collusion. My apologies if I was not clear.

Dale
If you didn't put anything in chat... you're good to go! GL in the games.

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:46 PM
(#7)
No opportunity to click on the time button, or anything else for that matter. Once the initial 20 seconds had past, it was insta-folded within the software.

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM..

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:52 PM
(#8)
The window was up, the only thing I was doing at the time. Kinda hate to admit that considering....

Dale

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#9)
Hate to admit that you were focusing on the game you were playing?

Not sure what happened. But no harm, really, since you weren't playing the hand. I wonder if any PSO regs will yell at me for saying that?

Old
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise to have a computer that autofolds AJs for you. If the computer had done that for me everytime I called a 3bet with AJs, my game would be the better for it!

Was it before the ante's kicked in yet? I think the clock will start in the middle of a hand at any time in the game, but the extra time pre-flop doesn't kick in until the ante's do? Not 100% sure tho - can anybody confirm?

Even so though - I wish the time were longer ... I've accidentally folded so many hands I meant to call because I was trying to type in my raise and took too long

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:00 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
The window was up, the only thing I was doing at the time. Kinda hate to admit that considering....

Dale
It's not just you... been there, done that......

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:01 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
As has already been mentioned, if you had no interest (money) in the pot you would have to manually activate the time bank. Your post doesn't make it clear whether you attempted to do this.

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:06 AM
(#13)
LOL...
A J c is not a hand I would like to rest my tourney life on. In this case, with 260 chips... not much choice.

But, the hand is not the issue, the abiltiy of the time bank to automatically activate is.
What is done is done. If I hadn't played like...crap...it wouldn't have been required.

All about time bank activation.
Nothing more.

Dale

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:12 AM
(#14)
Thanks for the reply DM. I had ante'd into the pot. So I would "Guess" I did have interest in the pot.

Or did I??

Please explain manually activating the time bank in the PSO? I have not seen any option within the software to activate the bank.

~Usually~ activates automatically

Dale

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:19 AM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2010
1st hour, time bank does not start, unless you are sb or bb, or have chips in the pot, because of a call or bet, or if you hit the time button

2nd hour, it will start on its own,

cheers

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:24 AM
(#16)
I was well into the second hour and had used 7 seconds of the 30 given. Time was showing 23 seconds remaining when it auto-folded without activation of the remaining time bank.

I do have a screen shot of this.

Thanks;

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Tue Jun 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM..

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

Or did I??

Do you have ready access to your hand history? Then you could know for sure

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:45 AM
(#18)
Should have added, that I have learned the hard way, the activation of the time bank. Early on, I do know that it will not activate.

In this case, I had already used 7 seconds of the bank. Thus, I cannot understand why the remaining 23 seconds in the bank also did not activate automatically.

Please don't get this wrong, in my first post here, I played like crap in that game.

But, I do need to know the circumstances involved itn the auto-activation of the time bank while playing the PSO or elsewhere.

Thanks for all the replies,

Dale

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:51 AM
(#19)
I am a Newbie here. So, ready access to hand history, not exactly sure how to get there from here

Do,again, want to make it clear this is not an anger issue or blaming my poor play on the software. I would like, however, to know what to expect in the future.

Thanks'

Dale

Old
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 12:56 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
hi dale,

it should have started, it must have been a program fault, or if your like me, you drink and smoke fatties while playing, there fore you may have seen it wrong,

hiccup,

go ti-cats

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com