Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

What Stats Do You Use?

Old
What Stats Do You Use? - Tue Jun 14, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
Hello fellow poker players, <-------------- Lame Right? haha

Anyway if you red my last post i said that i broke my Bankroll (Ya i was pretty bummed) and was going to start fresh. I decided to start with a $0 BR again. I went ITM in the 50 Fpp tourney and got $1.70. Technically i never started with $0 if u count FPP oh well So i always rant about nothing so my real question is is what stats do you use on your HUD (If you have 1) and tell me why.

Eagle

Old
Thu Jun 16, 2011, 12:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
Anyone?

Old
Thu Jun 16, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Tyr this.................

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Display-Usage

There's a wealth of information available on this site if you have a look around

Old
Fri Jun 17, 2011, 06:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eagle23 View Post
what stats do you use on your HUD (If you have 1) and tell me why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Hey eagle - can't tell whether you were wondering because you (1) already have a HUD like Hold'em Manager with those gazillion options and you were finding yourself not really using most of the numbers most of the time and wanted to hear more from those who do, or (2) were thinking about buying a HUD and wanted to hear more about how other people are using theirs first?

I stumbled onto a site one day that had a list of all the HUDS out there that you could try out for free, that you could also get for free if you signed up for a site. And I wound up getting one called Tournament Indicator because it was so much simpler than so many of the other ones. Also, I liked the interface - here's what it looks like (it's a box that attaches to the table):

And it helped refine my game when I was starting out because it also shows the category of starting hands, and whether I'm getting the right pot odds to call.

But Tournament Indicator doesn't have that same expanded data like with Hold'em Manager, with the VPIP and steal/fold breakdown by position. So I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm missing out by not having all that extra data.

In short, I guess I've kind of got the same questions as you eagle Mostly I just find myself referring to my HUD for the data fo VPIP, PFR, and AF I guess ...

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 03:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
I have a full version of Hold'Em manager but haven't got my head around how to use it
So at the minute I am using a free version of Poker Tracker 3
Which I find easier to use

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
I have a full version of Hold'Em manager but haven't got my head around how to use it
So at the minute I am using a free version of Poker Tracker 3
Which I find easier to use
I downloaded the trial of Hold'Em Manager, and honestly I couldn't even get it to work

Maybe I should try Poker Tracker instead too ... okay, thx spike!

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
You do have to set the program to receive your hands trusty..that is the only thing that was a little complicated with PT3. Just ask if someone can give you a hand if you dload it.
I only used the trial version, but found it ez to get started, use, and customize. .

Hey eagle, just in case you're looking to find a HUD, here's a list of acceptable, and prohibited software. Best o' luck!

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
You do have to set the program to receive your hands trusty..that is the only thing that was a little complicated with PT3. Just ask if someone can give you a hand if you dload it.
I only used the trial version, but found it ez to get started, use, and customize. .

Hey eagle, just in case you're looking to find a HUD, here's a list of acceptable, and prohibited software. Best o' luck!

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

Oh, thx so much for the tip!! Sounds like a nice little program ... think I'll give it a try

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
To answer the op's question, I was using a holdem managers trial version before black friday and the stats I found I used (most profitably) were Opponents vpip ,pfr , steal%,fold to steal% and fold to 3bet% others were helpful too, but I found those the most used, when contemplating most plays. hope that helps a lil, stack em high! MT ps. Also my stats to see what image the other players had of me at the time.

Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 03:56 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com