Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Feeling hard done by...

Old
Feeling hard done by... - Fri Jun 17, 2011, 04:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm not normally one to moan but I'm feeling pretty hard done by at the way I was just eliminated from the last tourney. I was in middle position with about 12/13 BBs left and with hole cards of ATs, hardly a monster hand but decent. The guy behind me limped so I thought "I'll give this a go" and raised four BBs.

Here's where I have a problem. At this point another chap who was either on the button or the cutoff piped up in the chat and said "ok guys gotta go, gl, I'm all in" and proceeded to do just that doubling my raise to 8 BBs (with obvious junk as he was outta there!). The guy behind me called and I felt I had no choice but to do the same. Following the flop (which was ?55) the guy behind me raised and of course by this time I was pot committed so had to call and go all in. The guy behind me not only had a 5 but then hit four of a kind on the turn! And that was my tournament over.

I don't really have an issue with the fact that I lost to this guy (although he was pretty fortunate), but I do feel massively screwed over by the chap who waited for me to raise and then went all in while telling the whole table he was virtually giving away free chips. I'm sure he didn't do it deliberately but surely the fairer and more sensible thing to do would have been for him to sit out the rest of the tournament if he couldn't play on?!

Any thoughts/sympathy?

Old
?? - Fri Jun 17, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#2)
Post the hand history if you want people to give feedback on how it was played- please- and dont fall for the --i have to go,so im shuving- ploy- tonnes of people will angle you this way - and turn over monster hands- I will say this though- A 10 in MP in PSO- with 12-13 bbs left- is auto fold-- gl- monk..

PS. if you dont know how to get HH- repost and some one will tell you-- gl------

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 04:33 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 17, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#3)
Hand history as requested is below. I got a couple of details wrong, most notably that CitySlick actually had pocket 5s. Also worth noting that I had middle pair and top kicker on the flop.

Appreciate the advice re: AT, but it was my best hand for some time and I think my original bet might have got the job done without the nonsense from djharpo. Also appreciate that some people will try that trick but on this occasion it was genuine - he had junk! Do you not agree that sitting out would have been the more sensible option for him, not least because he may well have lasted another 30mins+ in the tourney before he was blinded out?!

PokerStars Game #63469804352: Tournament #397948316, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2011/06/17 20:47:36 WET [2011/06/17 15:47:36 ET]
Table '397948316 49' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: teammpp (905 in chips)
Seat 2: kapela1 (3075 in chips)
Seat 3: urarashid (6605 in chips)
Seat 4: CitySlick028 (2290 in chips)
Seat 5: sullymk (1735 in chips)
Seat 6: Nytewulf (3650 in chips)
Seat 7: Marinadka (1715 in chips)
Seat 8: Howitzer2007 (980 in chips)
Seat 9: djharpo07 (1280 in chips)
djharpo07: posts small blind 75
teammpp: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to sullymk [Th Ah]
kapela1: folds
urarashid: folds
CitySlick028: calls 150
sullymk: raises 450 to 600
Nytewulf: folds
Marinadka: folds
djharpo07 said, "right im of here have to go out so gl all"
djharpo07 said, "im all in"
Howitzer2007: folds
djharpo07: raises 680 to 1280 and is all-in
teammpp: folds
CitySlick028: calls 1130
sullymk: calls 680
*** FLOP *** [Ks Td 5d]
CitySlick028: bets 1010 and is all-in
sullymk: calls 455 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (555) returned to CitySlick028
*** TURN *** [Ks Td 5d] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [Ks Td 5d 5h] [Kd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
CitySlick028: shows [5s 5c] (four of a kind, Fives)
sullymk: shows [Th Ah] (two pair, Kings and Tens)
CitySlick028 collected 910 from side pot
djharpo07: shows [6c 8d] (two pair, Kings and Fives)
CitySlick028 collected 3990 from main pot
sullymk finished the tournament in 319th place
djharpo07 finished the tournament in 320th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4900 Main pot 3990. Side pot 910. | Rake 0
Board [Ks Td 5d 5h Kd]
Seat 1: teammpp (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: kapela1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: urarashid folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: CitySlick028 showed [5s 5c] and won (4900) with four of a kind, Fives
Seat 5: sullymk showed [Th Ah] and lost with two pair, Kings and Tens
Seat 6: Nytewulf folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Marinadka folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Howitzer2007 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: djharpo07 (small blind) showed [6c 8d] and lost with two pair, Kings and Fives

Old
?? - Fri Jun 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#4)
Yes I agree- just sit out- yet, you are gonna run into far worse than this in the PSO-- trust me- Now about the hand- you have 11 bbs left- so you are pretty much in shuv fold mode- raising 1/3 of your stack here pretty much pot commits you- with marginal holdings- so if you gonna play it-- push-and hope to pick up the dead money==
I still think you can find a better spot to get it in thogh-- gl-- monk..

Old
Fri Jun 17, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
#1--i usually fold the first time somebody does the "i gotta go" shove thing. basically im not calling unless he's got a micro stack and/or i have at least AQs and he's shoved several times in a short time so it really looks like he is playing any two.

#2--why would a person want to deliberately give their chips away like that? the sensible thing to do here if ur a halfway decent player is to just sit out. no harm, no foul. i don't know about u or the next guy, but i have no problem playing poker with one less person playing. people assume that everyone will get pissed off if they up and leave and let all those juicy chips get blinded away. it's quite comical actually

i remember this one time i was playing a hubble nl holdem freeroll, and a guy said he had to go, so he just kept shoving. on his third shove attempt, he turns over two aces and i'm like, dude, u want to leave? and he goes, "yeah." BOOOOIIIIINGGGG of course the aces held up and now the guy was really screwed. he ended up sitting out three hands later with an above average stack.

Old
?? - Fri Jun 17, 2011, 05:18 PM
(#6)
edit

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 06:05 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com