Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

$0.50 NL hold'em 45 players

Old
$0.50 NL hold'em 45 players - Sun Jun 19, 2011, 10:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
I've been playing the $0.25 hold'em games with 45 players and I've made $30 doing that. I thought I would move up to the $0.50 games. I've been playing them for a couple of days now with no luck. The game is so much harder as people seem to be going all in with very weak cards. Can this game be beaten to make money?

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 10:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
If people play differently, you can beat them by adjusting appropriately. Really, if they are going all-in with bad hands, then your chances of winning go up. But they go down if you try and exploit those players by playing badly yourself. Just try to play correctly yourself, and you should do better than most of your opponents.

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 10:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Register for Honu's live training today...its on those games

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 10:57 AM
(#4)
Thanks for the reply PanickyPoker. My normal game on the $0.25 is playing tight until I get a good hand. But the trouble I'm having with this is the blinds are going up too quick for how I play. I know I need to adjust my game but I've not figured it out yet. Would you reckomend skipping the turbo games and going onto the $1 game or should I keep with it and learn this game before I move on?

roomik17 I'll give the poker trainer a go I've not given one of those a go yet. Thanks.

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
if you can master turbo games, it will give you a big up on other players.. turbos require a good knowledge of shove/fold ranges that most people dont have a clue about

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:07 AM
(#6)
If you good at the .25c tournaments just skip the .55c tournaments and play the 1$ 45 sngs.

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:11 AM
(#7)
I think that the blinds are the same

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:13 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum ppl!

Sounds like you're on a good start, in that you see a problem and you're attempting to fix it.
The live training Roomi suggested should benefit you a lot. I've played numerous games w/ Cowboy (19honu62) and spent a lot of time with him in vent. Good teacher and analyzer.

You may be able to ask him this question at the live training too.

Best o' luck!

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:20 AM
(#9)
The way it's going at the moment I'm not sure I know what the shove/fold rages are anymore The live training is a bit too late in the day for me. It does look like there will be one on Thurdsay I'll be able to do though. I'll keep with the turbo's on your advice roomik17 but at this rate I don't think It'll be long before I go back to the $0.25 games. If that does happen when I build my money up again I think I'll go onto the $1 games as pokerstar671 said.

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:29 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
try this prpgram

http://www.******************/software/7/

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
lol pm for the link lol

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 11:32 AM
(#12)
Thanks for the welcome Dan.

I've got a long way to go in learning this game. Any help to make me a better player is always welcome. I didn't think the game would be as diffucult just moving up one level.

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 06:50 PM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
if you can master turbo games, it will give you a big up on other players.. turbos require a good knowledge of shove/fold ranges that most people dont have a clue about
Super +1

Tournaments revolve around short-stacked play, and you won't find that anywhere, as much as you will in the turbos. If you start to understand how your push/fold and calling ranges should expand as a function of your blinds decreasing, then you'll be way ahead of probably 95% of the field you're playing in.

I wouldn't really recommend moving up to an MTT that you can only lose 30 times before busting, because it takes more practice than that to become profitable. So, one option is to return to the games that you're already successful at, and throw in a more expensive game once every ten games or something like that. If you're not sure how to play them, either wait until you have a few hundred buy-ins, or just practice it occasionally until you know that you're winning at it. But for sure study some short-stack theory in the meantime. It'll help a whole lot. I'm sure that there are many websites dedicated to it, including the tool that roomik has suggested.

Also, the Live Trainings are one of the best learning resources you'll find for any aspect of poker. Make sure to try and use them. And if you can't, watch the recorded sessions. They're great.

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#14)
Thanks for the advice paniky. I'm going to go back to the $.025 games as it's starting to become obviouse that I'm not ready to move up just yet. I'm going to practice the IMC trainer until I'm getting 100% as well.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I've got a lot to think about.

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 11:32 PM
(#15)
Since: Mar 2011
I have a lot of trouble in the turbos ok ive only played 1 but I simply know I do not know what to do

what was the link for roomik please as it does not work now ?

once you can win the 45 man $1 if you want 45 players and not turbo the jump is incredible and upto $6 buyin(and thi sis the mainreason i joined the forum) and the live & non live(videos lol) training

I ran good and got lucky in $1 but found the 25c quite easy (as long i wasnt tired which is weird)
I would prefer to be able to play and have a fighting chance at betwen 1 and 6 for 45man but they are all turbo

ohh sorry there is a page 2 didnt know

Last edited by rolo834; Tue Jul 19, 2011 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: tired

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com