Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

chip dumping...

Old
chip dumping... - Sun Jun 19, 2011, 03:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
hiya guys/gals

can you all please elaborate on chip dumping? please and thnx, just I read alot about the thing that happened between lisbon and DeHitman and would like more clarification on what exactly entails chip dumping, I guess Iam alittle confused like I have tried to bluff at a pot and got called and then tried on flop and turn to bluff again and folded the river as it was a bluff and didnt want to 1) show that i was bluffing and 2) mess up my stats with a loss, so to me that is not chip dumping, but in away it is cause I put those chips into the pot and then just gave the chips up, another example, folding my SB to the BB....I do that often cause I get alot of crappy cards in the SB lol is that chip dumping? and please before anyone rips into this thread remember I did say Iam looking for an answer to what chip dumping is in all the gory details as I dont know

Old
?? - Sun Jun 19, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
http://www.poker-babes.com/poker/def.../chip-dumping/

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#3)
ok ty monk, so Iam not doing anything wrong then?

Old
?? - Sun Jun 19, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#4)
nope- not at all--

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#5)
k pheeeeeeeeeeew lol, again ty for the quick response

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:07 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Intentionally losing chips to another player for the purposes of cheating. This deception is not permitted online and is ethically questionable.

Because of the chat before the hand it is a unacceptable play.

If you open fold river it just shows you are not thinking through all streets and underestimating the opponent or mis reading them.If you do this to the same player twice than it is suspect for sure.

Its to bad the Double or Nothings are no longer around,they where great for teaching players what to look for in collusion.

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#7)
ok, so Iam in the wrong then?!!?!?!? I dont understand how I could be in the wrong though I have my set cards I play and that is it so for sure there are times i fold my SB to the BB more than once, only time Iam raising to the BB while in the SB is if the cards I play come.....omg this is just silly, I refuse to play cards that I wouldnt normally play just so I dont get accused of chip dumping!! I guess Iam done at the PSO I dont cheat and i REFUSE to ever EVER be accused of it!!

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#8)
if i misinterpeted what you are saying ISee then I apologize lol but if not then Iam done at PSO

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:18 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Not sure how you got to this conclusion.

SB vs. BB is not chip dumping and what I gave as a anwser was the clear definition of chip dumping.
Followed that up with why De Hitman is guilty.

If you are open folding over and over to the same player than Yes you are chip dumping.
Small blind folding preflop is not chip dumping for very clear reason.

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#10)
oh ok, I thought you were saying that if Iam constantly folding my SB to the BB then that is also chip dumping, my bad lol, see thats why I apologized in advance

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Dont worry about showing down a failed bluff,it actually helps you farther down the road when you play the hand the same way but instead have the nuts.

Old
? - Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#12)
relax bonesy-- uve done nuthin wrong-- chip dumping - is when you have SOMETHING TO GAIN by folding- or mucking-- which i know ure to greedy to do-- be well -- monk..

edit-- and to make friends- or keep a friend-- by folding or mucking- is gaining something- and therefore chip dumping-- this is a HUGE-- problem in the PSO---

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Sun Jun 19, 2011 at 04:25 PM..

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:22 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
say you are playing me, I raise, you call, i raise you call, i raise you re raise i shove you fold, thats a dump, especially if it happens more than once

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
relax bonesy-- uve done nuthin wrong-- chip dumping - is when you have SOMETHING TO GAIN by folding- or mucking-- which i know ure to greedy to do-- be well -- monk..

LMMFAO Monk hehehe ;-)

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:27 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
say you are playing me, I raise, you call, i raise you call, i raise you re raise i shove you fold, thats a dump, especially if it happens more than once

well I think Iam safe then, cause only time Iam gonna do what you just described is if I have the absolute nuts and I sure as hell aint folding if you shove lol ;-)

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Dont worry about showing down a failed bluff,it actually helps you farther down the road when you play the hand the same way but instead have the nuts.

can you elaborate? Iam not sure I follow your meaning...

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
good to hear that you have honesty and integrity, there are quite a few here who dont, and are being called out on it its too bad I cant enjoy a game or 2 with you

Old
?? - Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:39 PM
(#18)
hey roomik- get ureself on that other site- john waynes namesake- lotsof peeps from here are there-- pokerstars is still the best thoo-----------------TailupSkunk-- ill toss u a dollar- if i can figure out how to transfer-------

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
good to hear that you have honesty and integrity, there are quite a few here who dont, and are being called out on it its too bad I cant enjoy a game or 2 with you

ty roomik I appreciate the compliment :-) I really hope they get this whole US situation sorted out, Ive been reading a few things that state that there might be light at the end of the tunnel, IE: New Jersey was talking about that all states should have the right to say yay or ney on online poker so apparently on nxt voting session they are gonna put it to the vote, so lets all keep our fingers crossed :-D

Old
Sun Jun 19, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
yeah I play on the other skin, but I sure miss it here....

oh and another sign of dumping is 2 players making a huge pot then one folding to a river min bet... that tilts me to hell

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com