Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Analysis please

Old
Analysis please - Mon Jun 20, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 03:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Havoc, can you please start titling your posts something relevant to the hand? "Analysis please" is kind of pointless as that is what every thread in the forum is.

As for the hand, while i think making a 10x raise like that is retarded most of the time, if you'll get called by that trash, sure, go for it. Mega value raise, haha. On the flop there's nothing you can do. You only have a potsize bet left.

If you had made a normal raise like 200 preflop you could have gotten away on the flop, or if you ship it pre you probably still get called by that fish with AQ.

Do you not have any reads? Or is this just a bad beat post? You got unlucky, it happens.

Old
?? - Mon Jun 20, 2011, 03:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
just try and shake that off - man- the Q2 guy was at my table this mornin and well... i dont want to get a forum ban-- that being said-- at 25/50-- 500 is a huge overbet- has no value whatsoever- even tho u prob going broke anyway cause of the fool- still dont raise so much early in the tourney- try to keep pot sizes relative to the blinds- in the pso----------- gl- monk..

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Oriholic: No, Didn't have any serious reads, as everyone but the winner folded before showdown.

As for the "analysis please" I'll be more specific: what I really wanted to know is did I overdo the bets, specifically the all in bet, and was this a good way of playing AA, and what's the best.

Shoved largely to force anyone out who might have any shot of a better hand, and if not hopefully get as much out of anyone who might of hit the queen.

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 03:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
havocofsmeg,

Please read http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nalysis-How-To

Old
Mon Jun 20, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
You played perfectly postflop. You only had a potsize bet left and have no choice but to shove. It's the preflop raise that I didn't like.

Reads aren't limited to the cards you see. If you notice someone limping into every hand, that's a read. If you notice someone calling any raise preflop all the time, that's a read. If you notice someone hasn't played a single hand up to this point, that's a read.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 11:40 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
Thing is, and this is not unique to Pokerstars, but AA is frequently beaten by crap online.
Not somethng I see that often during live games.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 01:10 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Proud, welcome to the pso and the forum.

By all means, the PSO encourages all discussion in the forum. But, this isn't something we want to get into here in this thread.
"Rigging" as it were...has it's own place in the general forum. You can start a new topic thread there on the subject...but expect to hear what you may not wish to.

Just sayin'.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Proud, welcome to the pso and the forum.

By all means, the PSO encourages all discussion in the forum. But, this isn't something we want to get into here in this thread.
"Rigging" as it were...has it's own place in the general forum. You can start a new topic thread there on the subject...but expect to hear what you may not wish to.

Just sayin'.
You mean the truth?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com